- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 258658 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #690 on: February 12, 2016, 08:34:01 am »

Ugh, this save is brutal on my brother-in-law's computer.

I'm gonna have to wait until I'm home from vacation to start playing, which should be in a couple days.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 12, 2016, 11:04:37 am »

Have you started anything yet? Else I have some free time right now -I don't mind taking a crack at my turn first while you're away. Should be able to finish within the next few days; writeup will have to come later. If you're okay with it, that is.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 12, 2016, 11:19:16 am »

Sure, go ahead. I'll take the next one then.

8 fps, seriously.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 12, 2016, 12:16:40 pm »

Journal of Ryukan

Well, here I am in this... thing. After 12 days of traveling, I beheld this sight. Constructivory, "last bastion of dwarfish society in this world". If this is our last hope... I don't even know what to say. I am greeted first by a huge statue of some sort of kitten god, a huge stick figure of solid gold (such profane idolatry), and on top of the tower (currently) a huge shuriken that they claim, "helps morale".

Today, I was walking past Mcbearskies office and I hear a very loud "discussion" (as I was later told it was). Apparently Japa was "postponing" his tenure as overseer for another year (I really think that Japa's just trying to hold off until he finds a way to skip town). So now McBearskie is overseer.

In other News, I'm still looking for people who can be ahem financially swayed. I've found several candidates, but I still have to secure my position first. After all these years of planning I can taste the sweet scent of victory, but I need to be careful. Too many plans have gone up in flames because people got careless towards the end. These fools will never know what happened until it's too late.

-Ryukan Future Overseer of Constructivory
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:26:51 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 12, 2016, 08:18:55 pm »

On the one hand, not following turn order is frowned upon.  On the other hand, I don't fault you for wanting to play asap, seeing as the entire population could be destroyed in a poorly planned construction project at any moment.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 12, 2016, 10:41:39 pm »

Aye, since I've got free time to squeeze this weekend anyway. On another note, I've just booted up the save and stared at the screen for a solid hour.

As a mildly efficient DF player, this place is scary.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 13, 2016, 02:49:29 am »

On another note, I've just booted up the save and stared at the screen for a solid hour.

As a mildly efficient DF player, this place is scary.

Standard fare for community fortresses.

Though this particular fortress suffers from a severe case of Overseer E-peen jousting in the form of increasingly ridiculous architecture.

It was much worse before I think. At least I remembered moving several stockpiles lying outside into the tower, and trying to trade away all the unnecessary trash that had been building up. I just ignored my obsessive compulsive need to correct everything and just focus on building shit to rival the other shit that had already been built.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 13, 2016, 12:26:58 pm »

Though this particular fortress suffers from a severe case of Overseer E-peen jousting in the form of increasingly ridiculous architecture.
Wait, is this not what we were going for?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 14, 2016, 09:51:13 am »

For those who want to know, currently midway through summer after much reorganisation of stockpiles. Progress on my E-peen going well.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 17, 2016, 11:43:26 am »

This is a rather decent inactive spike... I'm new at this so is this normal?

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 17, 2016, 12:19:23 pm »

You have perfect timing, I was just about to post up the save. Usually I'd be doing updates in between, but atm I'm trying to get the save to Japa as soon as possible, hence the radio silence. Sorry :P

The good news is that I'm done! And I'm not going to be a dick by forcing you guys to wait while I churn out my writeups - just going to show you the end product after 4 days DF's worth:

DING DONG.
AWAKE, YE DORFS OF
CONSTRUCTIVORY!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The bad news is that this was not a cakewalk to build. Probably the highest deathcount since Japa's turn.
Some named dwarves included too, eheh.
Stay tuned!

Japa, it's your tower now.
Save

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 17, 2016, 12:46:33 pm »

Oh wow.

Yeah, I'll get on it tomorrow. If I have power by then.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 17, 2016, 01:14:07 pm »

The bad news is that this was not a cakewalk to build. Probably the highest deathcount since Japa's turn.
Some named dwarves included too, eheh.
Stay tuned!

Japa, it's your tower now.
Save

Oh come on, you can't just say something like that then leave us hanging!

Now I've gotta resist the urge to download the save and see for myself who's dead...
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 17, 2016, 08:17:04 pm »

Me: If anybody actually manages to one-up Pollo MKII, I will be incredibly impressed and furious.

Bearskie: Literally the very next turn, goes and does exactly that.

I have no story left, no pretense.  Sign me up for a turn, because this means war! >:(

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 17, 2016, 10:34:35 pm »

Me: If anybody actually manages to one-up Pollo MKII, I will be incredibly impressed and furious.

Bearskie: Literally the very next turn, goes and does exactly that.

I have no story left, no pretense.  Sign me up for a turn, because this means war! >:(

Oooh, a war. I must write bout this...

Journal of Ryukan

Well... that was lovely. I was enjoying a nice mug of strawberry wine, when Immortal-D stormed up to McBearskie's door and just barged in. There was a slew of VERY colorful words that were traded. In the end D stormed back out and as he was stalking by, knocked my mug out of my hands and spilled its contents onto the floor (a very poor waste). Anywho, this public dissent is a good thing, that makes my acquisition of dwarfs to my cause easier. I'll keep an eye on D and maybe will offer him my help if he serves my purposes.

Ahh, I see it now. My goal, my dream. So close.

In other news, my private investigations into the Luna investigation have proved fruitless. I've found the standard fare of "secret" cults, rebel groups, you know the typical stuff. One thing that strikes me as odd, some one phases THROUGH a wall, breaks physics and no one is showing any signs of "oh, the world could end in a physical paradox". My investigations have also told me that this fort decended into madness years ago... Maybe my plans are not for the best... nah, insane people are easily malleable (if one is patient enough). So close.

--

Bearskie

Sry bout that, but that big image is... intriguing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 10:43:50 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 66