- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259586 times)

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Succession Tower ~
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2015, 11:51:07 pm »

I have the save and am playing now. In the meantime, here are the requested dwarves!
Spoiler: Taupe, the manager: (click to show/hide)
EDIT: Oh! And something else I noticed? Our resident werelizard is none other than Japa's wife!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:00:26 am by DDDragoni »
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2015, 10:29:39 am »

Yep, some happy family relations over there.  I think he wanted her to be dorfed as Sanju, so can you do that in your turn  :)

I'll update the front page stuff once i get to a proper computer.  Nice turn (and funny writing)! 

Endlessblaze, any special dorfing requests, otherwise DDDragoni will probably randomly dorf you.  Welcome aboard ^^

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2015, 10:44:58 am »

Wait im both a girl and the manager? Do you want weremammoth, because thats how you get weremammoths.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2015, 10:47:42 am »

Endlessblaze, any special dorfing requests, otherwise DDDragoni will probably randomly dorf you.  Welcome aboard ^^

Actually, I think TheCheeseMaker already dorfed him.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2015, 11:15:47 am »

mmmm....so Im a tough, slow to tire guy that values hard work....dreams of mastering a skill....

all in all...not bad....put me in the military as a sword dwarf please.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2015, 03:06:08 pm »

how d'ya get stonesense to show more than three levels?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2015, 03:46:48 pm »

Spring complete! I'll have the write-up done soon
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2015, 05:30:19 pm »

Oh god, my relatives took me for way longer than a day. I'm actually relieved to see we're only at 9 pages, I've been worrying how far we'd get-

I have the save. Will start later today or tomorrow depending on my work schedule.

Edit: RedMageCole, it appears your dwarf decided to jump off the tower late during Bearskie's turn. Any redorfing requests? The same goes for you Bearskie and Zuglarkun.

I... did not notice that.  What the heck, RedMageCole, I got you a nice dwarf and all and you jump off the tower instead  ::)

Btw CheeseMaker, can you handle the remaining dorfings?

God damn it. Please redorf me, I actually was hoping to be able to write a journal the second I started, but nnnnope.
But yeah, I'm going to take some time to get settled back in my house, then read back. All I know is we somehow defeated that werewolf.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2015, 05:40:09 pm »

Just write a journal in which you go mad and jump off the tower!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2015, 05:43:19 pm »

Just write a journal in which you go mad and jump off the tower!
That would be very anticlimactic though. And how would I explain the new RedMageCole?

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2015, 05:46:07 pm »

Twin who stole his identity! Or he could just be him from a universe where he did not go insane and jump off the top of the tower? The plot points are LIMITLESS!!!

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2015, 07:06:54 pm »

God damn it. Please redorf me, I actually was hoping to be able to write a journal the second I started, but nnnnope.
But yeah, I'm going to take some time to get settled back in my house, then read back. All I know is we somehow defeated that werewolf.
Redorfed as our backsmith!
Here's the spring writeup:

Journal of DDDragoni Floordrink, overseer and broker of Consructivory Tower
1 Granite
I don’t know why the last queen decided that building up rather than digging down into the safety of the earth was a good idea. I don’t know why I was put in charge of this place after TheCheeseMaker “stepped down.” And I don’t know where stuff that ends up under a drawbridge goes. But here are a few things I do know: the old queen is dead. The new queen lives here. We are the best hope our civilization has to survive. There is a warmongering band of goblins that our previous overseer “accidentally” informed of our location (don’t think no one heard you laughing when we received word of the queen’s death, TheCheeseMaker. I’ve got my eye on you) and is likely on the way to slaughter us all. And what do we have to protect ourselves from the aforementioned goblin horde? A paltry seven militiadwarves running around naked, some of them carrying wooden spears. Gee, I wonder why they got wiped out last time we had an actual engagement? Until we can get the military up to dress code, we’ll need to keep everyone out of the cavers, and more importantly, keep the caverns out of the tower itself. So we’re gonna need a lot of walls and bridges and-
   I’ve just received word from the masons that we have no usable stone. Apparently, they’ve been funneling everything the miners dig out into statues in order to glitz up the queen’s rooms. I suppose keeping the queen happy is a good thing, don’t want her siccing the hammerer on anyone too important. So I order the miners to dig out large patches of stone, and have the currently-unused mason’s workshops turning the rocks that come out into blocks, usable for walls, bridges, and building the tower higher.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
   According to the documents I was given upon my “promotion,” we recently captured a Giant Mole in a cage in the caverns. I know just what to do with him:
   I’m going to head down to my workshop and carve out some more bins- in this crammed tower, storage space is at a premium, and we need to consolidate all we can.
8 Granite
   While surveying the tower, I’ve found a lever labelled “Not a Death Lever” which earnestly claims it will NOT destroy the entire tower. Right. That might actually be useful if the goblins get here before we have proper defenses-we can take the murdering bastards down with us.
12 Granite
   An elven caravan has arrived! I hope they brought some kind of giant war beast for trade!
   Nope, the only animals they brought were an owl and a kestrel. I exchanged a single bone bracelet for all the food they’d brought and left the depot disappointed.
16 Granite
   One of our miners has given birth to a boy! Even with the goblin threat looming, something like this can still put a smile on everyone’s face.
   In other news, I was shocked to see that one of the masons has produced a statue of yours truly! I immediately had it placed in my quarters, of course.
23 Granite
   Some migrants have arrived a Farmer, a Mason, an Animal Dissector, a Fish Dissector, 2 Gelders, a Planter, a Potash Maker, a Mechanic, a Surgeon, an Animal Trainer, a Blacksmith, a Weaver, a Miller, a Soap Maker, a Siege Engineer, a Bone Doctor, and a Trader. The trader has some skill with a sword, and a few of the others have military skills, so I appoint them as the new Fortress Guard that came along with our newly-elected mayor, Ducim Ropeguilds.
   Seeing the doctors among the migrants inspired me to check our hospital, which currently consists of a few square feet of dirt floor. How are we supposed to defend ourselves if our wounded are just thrown on the ground? I order a 2 new floors to be built on top of the tower, one for the hospital itself and one to provide it shelter form the elements. While I’m building, I might as well put together quarters for the mayor and guard captain.
   While I was interviewing the new migrants, the Potash Maker suddenly stopped talking and slipped into a craftdwarves workshop with a strange look in her eye whatever she’s working on in there better be useful…
3 Slate
   The artifact is complete!
Spoiler: Behold Abysszenith! (click to show/hide)
   And as I expected, utterly useless. What kind of dwarf would sink so low as to drink from a mug? Straight from the barrel is always the way to go. The oxymoronic name and image of the werelizard attack leave me a bit unsettled…
7 Slate
   The queen has simultaneously ordered the production of bolts and forbidden their exportation, while the mayor has forbidden the exporting of backpacks. Perhaps they have tower defense in mind as well? Who knows. The whims of nobles are my command, so I order the bolts made, and the export bans cease to be an issue as the elven caravan leaves the area.
21 Slate
   We’ve gotten together enough stone bricks, using a little wood where we’re short, to put together walls and bridges to seal off the cavern, but some crundles have been giving the workers trouble. I sent the Morality of Ramparts, our macedwarf squad, to take care of them. The queen wants more bolts.
3 Felsite
   Work on blocking the caverns continues, but after some of the workers spotted a troll lurking nearby, I sent our axedwarf squad, the Raptors of Copper, to deal with it. Sibrek Udeshudil, still a raw recruit, was nearer than the others and charged to meet the beast head on- and when Shipcat arrived, she stepped over his broken and strangled body before lopping the beast’s head off in one stroke. Stupid kid should have waited… I’ve ordered several cage traps placed around the entrances to the caverns so something like this doesn’t happen again.
7 Felsite
   The cage traps have caught a few crundles—I order them slaughtered. We can always use more meat. In other news, Urvad and Ustuth have become mace lords!
11 Felsite
   I’ve ordered a Jewler’s shop and a kitchen built to deal with the Queen’s continuing complaints about her rooms and the new crundle meat, respectively.
12 Felsite
   No wonder work’s been going so slow! I went to get a drink today and discovered that we somehow ran out of booze! I’ve ordered the still cranked up to full capacity. That was close-I was worried my last name was going to come true.
23 Felsite
   We found another recruit dead today, this time in the hills. His corpse has teeth marks all over it, and scouts have reported seeing several giant Dingoes in the area. According to his squad captain, the damn fool probably ran off to challenge the beasts to a fight. I think you all know how that went. I sent the Raptors to go clean out the hills, and they came back with 3 Giant dingo pelts.

So there's Spring! Any requests before I move on to summer?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2015, 07:27:00 pm »

The lever that is marked "Not a Deat Lever" is actually telling the truth. You see, I intended for it to destroy the tower, but due to a design flaw it doesn't. Feel free to pull it, because all it will do is destroy the supports on the ground. The stairs themselves will still hold the tower up, a fact that I forgot.
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2015, 08:25:20 pm »

I have very bad sight. Today for example, I finally noticed that TheCheeseMaker's avatar is, in fact, cheese. And not just ''something yellow. The more you know...

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2015, 09:24:46 pm »

Was the miner me? Or some other female miner that looks alot like me?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 66