- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259626 times)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Succession Tower ~
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2015, 10:19:36 pm »

how d'ya get stonesense to show more than three levels?

Spam key " 2 " to increase the z-levels being displayed. " 1 ", decreases the z-level display instead. Press the " /? " key to bring up the menu of commands.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2015, 10:54:34 pm »

Shipcat's going to need a badass theme song if she keeps on with this one-lady-strikeforce act.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2015, 11:51:33 pm »

Shipcat's going to need a badass theme song if she keeps on with this one-lady-strikeforce act.
So far, so good. She just made Axelord.
Summer's done, but it was uneventful, so I think I'll combine it with the autumn write-up.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2015, 12:19:39 am »

Twin who stole his identity! Or he could just be him from a universe where he did not go insane and jump off the top of the tower? The plot points are LIMITLESS!!!
I actually didn't see this, and thought of the stolen identity idea. Regardless, I might go for that angle.
Now that I'm redorfed though, I would write a journal, but Armok I am tired, I'm gonna go to bed. I'll write something neat for everyone tomorrow.
(Oh, and for reference, please show my dwarf? Thank!)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:21:12 am by RedMageCole »

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2015, 12:38:19 am »

(Oh, and for reference, please show my dwarf? Thank!)
Here you are!
I should have autumn done by Tuesday at the latest. Any requests from the dwarven caravan while they're here?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2015, 02:10:22 am »

Hey to all beardsowners) i hope i not lost my turn cause of being inactive. I'm in contryside this mounth, so internet is rare and unusual))
Other think i want to tell u all:
Basic idea in world there we play is in few words is "buisness us usual" meant millions of goblins, few hundres of humans and a few elves... and majority part of leaders of all civs are goblins... i have some expereince in this situation, cause i am one ofthe beginers of succession fort in the same sitation in russian  community
This fort live more than ten ingame years, so i can  tell u some facts about our situation.
Firstly, in 40.24 there is a lot of bugs with sieges, especially with pathfinding in mountains... but Strapfortress(it's name of rus commynity fort) is situated fourtanatly so that we have at least one siege in year,about 60 goblins with different weapons and about 30-40 trolls in one time.(every gobllin tower have population 100 000 goblins and 10 000 trolls)
In first time(u will laugh) we have siege of elves that wear clothes maden from trolls hides and thinks that they are goblins, and so we think that we have war with elves, but then time came, we understand that we have allies elves(really, every time our outpust liason(goblin, unfourtanatly such us a qween, that is really unfourtanatly) came to us, we know more about their epic war elves vs goblins. They have really epic qween :-X why she is not OUR qween?)
So... that i want say... if fourtune love us (i think so) THIS fortress will have epic sieges too)))))
P.S. if i could i probadly try to translate hostory of this fortress to russian
P.S.S. And if someone intrested, i can try to translate hisrory of Strapfortress and post it on bay... but it will.be difficult to me - really a lot of text...

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2015, 11:30:47 am »

...DDDragoni, I am afraid to tell you that I am not a female. I am male. I am very sorry for this inconveinence..
And I think my dorf would like to just be called "RedMageCole" with no numerals at the end, if it is alright. She would most likely be annoyed after being named second to an imposter (three now considering)
As for the caravan, picks and weaponry. Fetch me my crossbow.

Also, I do truly think we should change that topic name. Everyone else is using their dwarven civilization in their topic! Let us be heard! Let the name "Constructivory" be burned deep into every dwarf's heart!

If I'm being too fussy with my dorf, I don't mind being Dwarf Therapist-ed into what I asked for. I don't wanna be too much of a bother..
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:43:25 am by RedMageCole »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2015, 12:59:40 pm »

Admittedly thats a thought I've been postponing for a while.  Mainly because I find the current title 'fits' better, as the word arrangement feels more eye-catching towards viewers.  But yeah, eventually down the line I do recognise the need for the Constructivory name to be included in the title - if only to establish our identity proper.  We're hardly the only succession tower around, so calling ourselves just "The Succession Tower" just ain't gonna fly.

Now that I'm back from my trip, I just have to figure out a title that doesn't suck.

Also, opening the save and updating the front page stuff; feels good to be bac- oh god, there's crundle remains everywhere.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2015, 01:06:48 pm »

Also, I do truly think we should change that topic name. Everyone else is using their dwarven civilization in their topic! Let us be heard! Let the name "Constructivory" be burned deep into every dwarf's heart!

If I'm being too fussy with my dorf, I don't mind being Dwarf Therapist-ed into what I asked for. I don't wanna be too much of a bother..
But that's what makes us special... We can be cool, we can be different.

We can't change the title. It is too visually pleasing as it is.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:08:52 pm by Taupe »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2015, 01:29:13 pm »

We could name it: The succession tower 2: Constructivory: tales of towers and goblins?

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2015, 01:40:17 pm »

In the spirit of a true Dwarf Fortress title, I made some improvements on Hiddenleafguy's suggestion and am ready to present my own title:

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress: The Succession Tower: Chapter 2: Constructivory: Tales of Towers and Goblins
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2015, 03:14:44 pm »

In the spirit of a true Dwarf Fortress title, I made some improvements on Hiddenleafguy's suggestion and am ready to present my own title:

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress: The Succession Tower: Chapter 2: Constructivory: Tales of Towers and Goblins
I actually second this.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2015, 04:44:22 pm »

...DDDragoni, I am afraid to tell you that I am not a female. I am male. I am very sorry for this inconveinence..
And I think my dorf would like to just be called "RedMageCole" with no numerals at the end, if it is alright. She would most likely be annoyed after being named second to an imposter (three now considering)
As for the caravan, picks and weaponry. Fetch me my crossbow.

Not a problem.
If we want to keep "The Succession Tower", we could always keep it simple and just make it "The Succession Tower: Cunstructivory" or something.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2015, 05:08:53 pm »

Its so terrible that we cannot not use this.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2015, 05:41:49 pm »

Ah yes, that's perfect! I shall craft a ☼RedMageCole's Journal☼ as soon as I can!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 66