- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259599 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Succession Tower ~
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2015, 07:37:09 pm »

The best part is that this is the fourth succession tower I've been in.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2015, 09:08:20 pm »

Skyscrapes, Skyscrapes 2, eh... what was the third?

Also, does anyone knows where is the game_data.ini file I'm supposed to find bundled up with Dwarf Therapist? 

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2015, 10:54:48 pm »

Alright then, the new and improved title is:

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress: The Succession Tower: Chapter 4: Constructivory: Tales of Towers and Goblins
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2015, 11:06:13 pm »

Skyscrapes, Skyscrapes 2, eh... what was the third?

Also, does anyone knows where is the game_data.ini file I'm supposed to find bundled up with Dwarf Therapist?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=37761.0

This wasn't much of a tower, mind, since it was made in 0.28.40d, but it was there, it existed.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2015, 12:36:01 am »

I finished Autumn, and since I wont be able to get the write-up done until tomorrow, here's summer!
Journal of DDDragoni Floordrink, overseer and broker of Constructivory.

19 Hematite
Nearly 20 days into summer and still no activity form the goblins… or anywhere really.
On the other hand, some new migrants have arrived. More refugees from the old mountainhome, judging by the scars.
They brought with them a Jewler, 2 Stonecrafters, a Metalcrafter (who has experience with the sword, I have added him to the sword sqad,) an Animal Dissector, a Metalsmith, and a Soap Maker.

21 Hematite
I’ve noticed that we have both a Weaver and a clothier living in Constructivory, but no loom or Clothier’s shop for them to practice their craft! I’ve ordered construction to begin on top of the hospital’s roof.
1 Malachite
The workshops were finished just in time! The moment she finished the clothier’s shop, the weaver ducked inside and started drawing pictures of cloth, leather, metal, gems, and rocks all over the walls! Whatever she’s doing in there, she’s got plans…

2 Galena
It’s been a month, and the moody weaver has only claimed a single piece of cloth, despite plentiful stockpiles of everything she needs.
In other news, we’ve captured several badgers, and I have ordered them trained and pastured for breeding.
More meat can never hurt.

13 Galena
We’ve seen no activity in the last 6 weeks. The goblins must be planning something big…

14 Galena
A crundle killed a kitten in the caverns. I knew those horned bastards were working with the goblins! I’ve ordered the military to wipe out any crundles they can find in the caverns.

18 Galena
This insidious plot has shown the fiendish horrors the goblins are capable of… we must be prepared. We need adamantine. As I write, the miners are digging and finding just how much we have to work with.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2015, 02:00:32 am »

Dddragony... pls dorf me as this Metalcrafter... or(it would be better) as some dwarf who have God assieated with two of theese spheres: Chaos, Death, Fire and Valor(if we have dwarf with this condition)...

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2015, 06:05:11 am »

Alright then, the new and improved title is:

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress: The Succession Tower: Chapter 4: Constructivory: Tales of Towers and Goblins

I might have gotten carried away a lil'bit with this suggestion.  Behold ye new front page!  Always accepting all feedback, so if you guys prefer the old one just let me know.  Resolution's a bugger to nail down when it comes to large images.

Updated the census as well, hoping I didn't break anything in the process.  If there's any inaccuracies in it, let me know, it's probably those damn nested if statements again.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2015, 06:32:49 am »

roman numbers for four...

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2015, 07:20:46 am »

Not good?  :(

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2015, 08:09:25 am »

BY THE FLAMING BEARD OF ARMOK - I like what you have done with the first post.

How did you make that?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2015, 11:27:11 am »

Creating it was easy: just Word with a Code page 437 font, which is the same font DF was inspired by.  The troublesome part was finding a way to export it as an image; ended up using an online doc-to-image converter for that.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2015, 11:28:55 am »

Not good?  :(
Well, if we are going for convoluted titles, might as well :p That's also how the game itself seems to address sequels.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2015, 12:03:32 pm »

TERRIBLE, that noone read my posts yet. Or probadly noone onderstand my "runglish" language?  :'(  :'(  :'(

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2015, 12:18:08 pm »

TERRIBLE, that noone read my posts yet. Or probadly noone onderstand my "runglish" language?  :'(  :'(  :'(

Well, yours sounds like a fun fortress ;).  I hope we get many sieges too, although our military seems to be dying perfectly fine without.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:26:07 pm by Bearskie »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2015, 12:26:04 pm »

(Edited by the continual survival foundation)  Yep, and we will all totally never always ever leave a huge hole in the tower at the end of the turn in the hopes that it will let in a dangerous flying creature.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 66