- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 263247 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Succession Tower ~
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2015, 12:43:25 pm »

(Edited by the continual survival foundation)  Yep, and we will all totally never always ever leave a huge hole in the tower at the end of the turn in the hopes that it will let in a dangerous flying creature.
They're speed holes!

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2015, 01:09:27 pm »

Dddragony... pls dorf me as this Metalcrafter... or(it would be better) as some dwarf who have God assieated with two of theese spheres: Chaos, Death, Fire and Valor(if we have dwarf with this condition)...
And here's the Autumn write-up!

Journal of DDDragoni Floordrink, overseer and broker of Constructivory

1 Limestone
I’ve been overseer for half a year already, and our defenses still aren’t on par with what we need to keep the goblins out.
If they send a full-scale siege, I doubt our 10 copper-clad military dwarves will even be able to stall them long enough to evacuate the queen.
I need to ramp up production.

7 Limestone
The miners tell me that they’ve found some adamantine that’s safe to harvest.
That means we’re going to need a place to store and work the holy metal, so I’ve ordered another level of the tower built.
“Seven steps to a platform of Seven by Seven, for today is the Seventh day, and Seven is the most Holy number.”
…at least, that’s what I’m told. Don’t put too much stock in all that “Holy Number” stuff myself, but hey, it makes the people happy. And happy citizens are safe citizens.

10 Limestone
Since we have this damn aquifer layer beneath the tower, we might as well make use of it. I’ve ordered a well built, which could save lives if we somehow manage to run out of booze again, or if someone gets wounded and can’t drink booze.
Also, the secretive weaver has left the clothier’s shop, and is now running around the tower babbling. It’s rather sad, and more than a little annoying.

15 Limestone

A caravan has arrived, along with the outpost liaison- which is exceedingly confusing. She claims to be from the mountainhomes, but since the queen lives here, doesn’t that make us the mountainhome? Why don’t we get to send liaisons out anywhere?

17 Limestone
The liaison’s idea of “news” is telling us that Tempesttower has fallen, and that Fath has claimed the throne. Despite the fact that the queen was in the room at the time, she expected us to be floored by the revelation. I just got a trade agreement set up and sent her on her way.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I gave the caravan some trinkets and gems in exchange for weapons, metal, and seeds.

27 Limestone
One of our Spearmasters, Dumat Muteletter, just rushed into the dining hall and held his shield aloft, proclaiming it “Strangetarget the Innocent Arch” before dashing back out to training.
Maybe we need to lighten up on the training a little…

11 Sandstone
RED ALERT! There’s been another werelizard spotted, on the southeast horizon!
I’ve ordered all civilians into the tower, and sent nearly our entire military to take the beast down. I can’t risk the swordsdwarves, they’re still too green. If even one gets bitten, this could spell disaster for Constructivory…
From my vantage point atop the tower, I can see the beast in our pasture, ripping the animals to shreds.
In true Constructivory tradition, a lone militiadwarf is charging the beast alone. From the way he holds his shield, I can tell that it’s Dumat Muteletter, the spearmaster from two weeks ago. As sick as it sounds, I wish him a quick death.
If he survives the wounds the beast inflicts, he will be forever cursed like Sanju down in the mines. We can still hear her cries every full moon.
And even if he does not survive, the cruelty of these twisted beasts-
Is apparently no match for the skill and power of Constructivory’s finest! Perhaps with this strength, we can hold the goblins back, nay, we can beat them!
In its rampage, the beast killed a Rooster, a Reindeer Calf, a Turkey Gobbler, a Guineacock, a Badger Sow, and a Duck.
16 Sandstone
A farmer gathering webs in the caverns got attacked by a Giant Cave Spider today. He managed to outrun the beast, but I can’t have something like this wandering around beneath our feet. I’ve sent the military.

17 Sandstone
He military has reported back. Apparently galvanized by Dumat’s successful usage of the tactic, one of the Marksdwarves, RedMageCole, charged the beast alone, apparently forgetting that he wielded a wooden crossbow, and…
Damn fool didn’t even get a single shot or swing off. The beast gnawed on his corpse until a Mace Lord, Urvad Tombsquids, scratched it in its weak pint, splitting the massive arachnid in half. She was also the one who slew the Giant Dingo that savaged one of our recruits back in spring, so I’ve granted her the title of Avenger.

25 Sandstone
Finally! It took was 14 masterwork statues, 4 masterwork cabinets (by yours truly,) and 2 more masterwork armor stands, but the queen’s throne room is finally up to her standards.
Now, if we could just get her to like her bedroom and dining room…

27 Sandstone
Several of the dwarven merchant’s pack animals have been found wandering the caverns, but there’s no sign of the merchants themselves.
((OOC: The wagons are listed as Missing, but there’s no sign of the merchants themselves. Theres also a few piles of stuff I can see like this one:

But I can’t ‘k’ at them or claim. No idea what’s going on.))
In other news, another group of migrants has arrived! We have a Gemsetter, a Miller/Swordsdwarf, a Child, a Woodworker, Two peasants, one of which is a Hammerdwarf, a Herbalist/Axedwarf, a cook, a Lye Maker, a Woodcrafter, and a Trader/Marksdwarf. I’ve drafted all with military skills, and I’ve ordered the forges to produce a few silver war hammer to supply our new squad, the Splattered Ores of Blackdawn.
A Fisherdwarf was found dead in the refuse pile today. There were no wounds on the body, and he wasn’t dehydrated or starved. There must be some kind of saboteur among us…
TheCheeseMaker is probably behind this. She’s been acting strange ever since the queen died… I’ll have to investigate.

9 Timber
That insane Weaver finally dropped dead of dehydration. I wish she’d had the decency not to do it in the dining hall…
At the exact same instant, a metalcrafter grabbed a single bar of copper and dashed into the forge, hammering away. Whatever spirit that had driven the weaver mad should be satisfied by this Metalcrafter… I hope.

14 Timber
The metalcrafter as emerged from the shop carrying a chain. It is extremely well made, if a bit boring.
I’ve ordered it installed in the queen’s bedroom, perhaps it will please her.

17 Timber
The miners have dug out all the adamantine they deem safe from a single layer, 20 stones in all. Now the strands need to be extracted- and there’s no one I trust more for this job then myself.

28 Timber
I’ve received word that no one’s seen TheCheeseMaker for a week. Dammit, she knows I’m on to her! I’ll find that Armok-damned traitor if it’s the last thing I do!
((OOC According to the stocks screen, she was in the well for some reason when it froze over. I haven’t the slightest idea what she was doing there.))

So there's Autumn! Hope you weren't too attached to that second dwarf, RedMageCole. Any requests for winter/redorfing??
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2015, 01:32:20 pm »

Honestly, I think that RedMageCole is only here to die now, either that or he has REALLY bad luck.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2015, 01:51:26 pm »

Damnit, Cheesamker, can't you go one fortress without turning into a sabotaging traitor?

Also good job on the queen rooms. The last thing we need is a few unwarranted hammerings because this self-entitled noble wants more bling. Was the artefact chain enough? Maybe you can set doors to internal and spread the rooms a bit with resizing so that valuable items are included in more than a single room. That could fix some problems momentarily.

Finally, maybe we should keep RedMageCole's dwarves out of the military. He seems to be prone to accidents, and pitting him against monsters will only hasten the issue.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:54:41 pm by Taupe »

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2015, 02:04:45 pm »

Also good job on the queen rooms. The last thing we need is a few unwarranted hammerings because this self-entitled noble wants more bling. Was the artefact chain enough? Maybe you can set doors to internal and spread the rooms a bit with resizing so that valuable items are included in more than a single room. That could fix some problems momentarily.
The chain didn't help. Even if it is an artifact, it is still a copper chain.
And there are 2 problems with resizing the queen's rooms:
1: Overlapping rooms lessens the value of both rooms.
2: Her rooms are on 4 different floors of the tower, rooms can only be a single floor.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2015, 02:07:49 pm »

The chain didn't help. Even if it is an artifact, it is still a copper chain.
And there are 2 problems with resizing the queen's rooms:
1: Overlapping rooms lessens the value of both rooms.
2: Her rooms are on 4 different floors of the tower, rooms can only be a single floor.
Too bad :(
T'would be cool if they hadded multi-level rooms for nobles, so that people could include balconies and ramps into the design.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2015, 04:22:53 pm »

Coming soon in the Winter update...
Constructivory's first and greatest foe returns...
Behold the menace that is...
STATIONARY
MINECARTS!!!
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2015, 04:31:57 pm »

Coming soon in the Winter update...
Constructivory's first and greatest foe returns...
Behold the menace that is...
STATIONARY
MINECARTS!!!
Everyone: *gasp!*
...We knew this day would come.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2015, 06:33:39 pm »

First you accuse me of sabotage then you kill me?  I assure you my dorf was 100% loyal to the queen until her untimely demise. If there is a goblin spy in the fortress, he's still out there somewhere.

Redorf as one of the macelords.  Preferably male.  Name: Captain Awesome.
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2015, 07:16:27 pm »

First you accuse me of sabotage then you kill me?  I assure you my dorf was 100% loyal to the queen until her untimely demise. If there is a goblin spy in the fortress, he's still out there somewhere.

If that's your name then the secret spy probably lives next door.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2015, 07:37:54 pm »

Ask and you shall receive!
Spoiler: Captain Awesome (click to show/hide)
And you are married to one of the axedwarves.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:48:26 pm by DDDragoni »
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2015, 07:55:07 pm »

If that's your name then the secret spy probably lives next door.

Hey! You caught that reference. I wasn't sure if anyone would.

DDDragoni, does the axedwarf that my dorf is married to have a brother, by chance?
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2015, 08:20:43 pm »

I'm actually pretty hyped about the next update.

STATIONARY
MINECARTS!!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:18:26 pm by Bearskie »

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2015, 01:06:45 am »

Okey.... i see i have intresting character, really -i'd love to see death of wagons...  So much dead wagons in our fortress... Probodly I know something about strange thinks with merchants

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2015, 01:15:19 am »

Alright, winter is completed! I should have a write-up sometime tomorrow.
DDDragoni, does the axedwarf that my dorf is married to have a brother, by chance?
She does not, and I have discovered she is also dead. So... yeah. I'm pretty sure it didn't happen during my turn, though.
EDIT: MobRules is up next, yes?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:24:41 am by DDDragoni »
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 66