- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259600 times)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Succession Tower ~
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2015, 03:00:23 am »

And now - more requests :D
1. I has download Dwarf Fortress Historian - mobile app to watch legends andnow need materials to tell more abour our history -it's one of my fauvorite thinks in df, especially then things going so intresting as we have in our world. So please make zip arhive of all things u can export and in other zip archive give me pls all raws(this app use them to learn more about historical figures)
2. Pls, can i know relationships of my dorf and also all skills he has?
3. And MORE screenshots Armok.Vision, Ssense, Isoworld - Japa made them and its great, so why we don't use them?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2015, 03:59:04 am »

Hey, i like legends stories and 3d screenshots as much as the next person, but I won't be forcing anyone to create them.  This is a fairly relaxed fortress, some of the people on the list haven't even commented beyond the initial post.  Curious though, wouldn't it be faster if you just download the game save itself, instead of extracting the many individual folders?

Next turn is MobRules.  He's lurking somewhere, lemme send him a pm.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2015, 04:21:09 am »

Where is the save, then?

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2015, 04:33:31 am »

Hey, i like legends stories and 3d screenshots as much as the next person, but I won't be forcing anyone to create them.  This is a fairly relaxed fortress, some of the people on the list haven't even commented beyond the initial post.  Curious though, wouldn't it be faster if you just download the game save itself, instead of extracting the many individual folders?
:'(  Probodly it would n't cause i has no computer  to export the legends at first and at second my internet i really slow on tablet. But can u say how large in Mbaits  save is?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2015, 05:16:08 am »

Probably to be posted with DDDragoni's final update.  I went ahead and extracted what you needed from TheCheeseMaker's save Heretic, so here you go.  Have fun ^^

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2015, 05:29:05 am »

Thanks a lot. I'm reallyboring with my "fast" internet. Hope ur file will downlading correctly.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2015, 05:41:43 am »

EDIT: MobRules is up next, yes?
Think so :)

@Heritic -- I'll be doing a bunch of screenshots, but I've never gotten Stonesense or the like to work, either on my home Linux box, or on my work Mac.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:48:20 am by MobRules »
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2015, 06:49:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2015, 08:40:05 am »

Holy. Those are something else, Japa.

Permission to use them in the front page?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2015, 09:38:08 am »

Yeah, sure.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2015, 10:55:47 am »

2. Pls, can i know relationships of my dorf and also all skills he has?
Your only relationship is with your deity, Basen, associated with rain and nature.
And you have the usual military skills and social skills, then Metalcrafting, Ambushing, and Climbing.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2015, 01:20:18 pm »

Journal of DDDragoni Floordrink Overseer and Broker of Constructivory

Winter’s here, and still no sign of that rat TheCheeseMaker. I will find her, and when I do, there will be hell to pay.

2 Moonstone
I’m told there’s a swarm of bugbats infesting the lowest cavern layer. I’m ordering it sealed off until they clear out—a bugbat swarm can rip a dwarf to shreds.

3 Moonstone
A bunch of troglodytes are wandering in from the caverns. Normally they’re harmless, but one of them attacked our bookkeeper, Gwolfski and really messed up his arm. While he rests up in the new hospital, I’ve ordered the militia to clear the troglodytes out.

4 Moonstone
What the hell. How hard is it to kill 4 goddammed troglodytes? Hold on, let me try and piece this together.
So based on what I can gather from this jumble of reports, one troglodyte got to the base of the tower before getting mobbed by EVERYONE nearby and beaten to death. Even the queen got a few good punches in!
But over by the minecarts, everything went to hell.

Despite the fact that the minecarts are all safely berthed, an Animal Dissector ran onto one, bruising himself badly.
That same animal dissector was then struck by a flying fish dissector, who near as I can tell had no other involvement with the fight at all, and was sent flying.
After near misses with a Swordsdwarf and the Guard Captain, he hits the ground and is killed instantly.
The Swordsdwarf then proceeds to go airborne, flying past the troglodyte and into the minecart, crushing his hand in the process.
The troglodyte was then summarily dispatched by the Guard Captain.
So what happened here? A series of freak accidents? Dissector rivalry spiraling out of control? Or deliberate sabotage? I don’t know, but I will be keeping my eye on that Fish Dissector… He might be in league with TheCheeseMaker.
Also, someone bit a troglodyte’s tongue off.

8 Moonstone
The Avenger has named his shield “The Trenches of Confusion.” Is this a thing now? Naming shields?

14 Moonstone
A Metalcrafter was attacked by a Cave Crocodile in the caverns—I sent the Raptors and Shipcat cut its head off. I’m glad our dwarves are good at running away from things, or this would have been a lot messier.

23 Moonstone
I just got word from the caverns-they’ve sighted some kind of monster!
I’ve ordered the 2nd cavern layer sealed until we can find a way to deal with this thing.

27 Moonstone
According to the sounds going on in the cavern, that thing just killed a Giant Cave Spider. If it got poisoned, that makes now our best chance to take it out. CHARGE!

Even though the Militia Commander, Vabok Mountainauburn, actually killed the beast, I think the real credit should go to Endlessblaze. He took out both of the beast’s arms and one of its lungs, leaving it wide open to Vabok’s axe.

28 Moonstone
Ever dwarf who was involved in the fight with the beast reports nausea and sluggishness. That monster must have had some kind of poison—we’re lucky it wasn’t anything worse. None of the militiadwarves will own up to it, but there’s an awful lot of vomit on the main stairway…

10 Opal
A bunch of mechanics are yelling about an unloaded cage trap in the third cavern layer. No idea how they know, with it all sealed off, but I’ve opened it up for them so they’ll shut up about it.

20 Opal
Several of the tame badgers have given birth. I knew that farm would pay off!

23 Opal
There’s no more raw adamantine up here at the top of the tower, So I’m going to head down to the mines to grab some more.

There is a large bloodstain over the next few pages

8 Obsidian
I’m writing this from my hospital bed.
When I went down to the mines to get more adamantine, I ran into a Giant Toad chewing on one of the miner’s heads, with another miner ripped in half next to them. I tried to run, but the damn monster was too fast.
Damn thing near took my arm off. I was conscious long enough to see the Avenger cave the thing’s head in. I was in and out of consciousness for a while, but after a few days of lying on the bloody staircase I had to get up and haul myself to the goddamn hospital.
Those damn mechanics… they knew this would happen. That’s why they wanted the caves open. One of them’s got to be working with TheCheeseMaker!
Immortal-D, the chief medical dwarf, got to me on the 1st of Obsidian. He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.
I don’t know if he was happy because I survived or because there was so many interesting wounds to tend to on my body.
I just got out of my most recent surgery, and I’m scheduled for tractioning in a few days Immortal-D says that it was dicey for a while I should pull through unless something gets infected, which might be a problem since we have no soap. I’ve also lost most of the use of my left arm.

18 Obsidian
The Mayor has forbidden the export of bracelets, and surprise surprise, the queen wants more bolts made. I don’t know what we’re going to do with them, seeing as the Marksdwarves apparently prefer using their crossbows as clubs.

25 Obsidian
Heretic has become a swordsmaster. Good for him.

28 Obsidian
They just found TheCheeseMaker- frozen at the bottom of the well. Looks like she’s been there since the mid-fall freeze. She’s been a damn red herring this whole time! Whoever tossed her down there was using her to distract me while they worked behind my back. And I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I’ve decided to step down as Overseer—ostensibly because of my injuries, but that’s bull. I could give orders just as well from a hospital bed as from my workshop. I’m stepping down because the position is too high-profile—it’s made me a target. If I’m going to find this damn goblin-sympathizer, It’s going to have to be from among the rabble.

(EDIT: TYPOS)
So there's my turn! This was fun, and I'd like to be laced back on the list, if you don't mind.
MobRules, I suggest you get soap production up and running (I've never been able to,) and figure out what to do with all this adamantine I gathered.
Your turn, MobRules!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:25:47 pm by DDDragoni »
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2015, 01:54:11 pm »

Spoiler: The tower so far. (click to show/hide)

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2015, 02:28:17 pm »

Woot! I have the save! I'll see how far I can get when I get home this evening.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2015, 02:30:43 pm »

if I may make a request:

Could we make a way to dump food and booze down to Sanju so she doesn't get hungry?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 66