- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259617 times)

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Succession Tower ~
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2015, 03:26:48 pm »

if I may make a request:

Could we make a way to dump food and booze down to Sanju so she doesn't get hungry?
Werecreature's Hunger and Thirst resets upon their transformations, so she won;t starve if that's what worries you. But if you want to make her more comfortable, MobRules can probably set her up with a few things.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2015, 05:28:35 pm »

Morul MobRules Fikodkat, 1st Granite, 53

So. I arrived here this fall, at this upside-down fortress: who's idea was it to build up instead of down, anyway?

Since then, I've been caught in the weather, don't have a proper bedroom, there aren't enough chairs, and there's been a rediculous amount of violence. On the plus side, work has been satisfying, and a kitten has adopted me. I'm a Gemcutter, an Architect, and a Diagnostition.

Aparently, enough people heard me griping about what I'd do differently if I were in charge that they decided to make me put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

And of course, as soon as you get made overseer, everyone comes to you with their complaints:

• The queen is unhappy that we don't have more bolts -- and actually, I have to agree. Our marksdwarves should have a better supply.
  • The mayor wants to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that I understand that we are NOT to export bracelets. That's easy enough, I don't intend to make any. We can just make more than we need of the things we use ourselves, and trade the extras. No need to make things that have no point except to trade.
  • Clothing. Ushat Erushabir and Degel Ostukbim are running around buck-naked and not happy about it. Eshtan Zonstakud would kind of like to have some pants, Olon Mafolkidet and Zasit Zatamondel are tired of being shirtless, and Alath Siguncatten would really like some shoes. Also, everyone is still wearing the clothing they arrived in, and it's not going to last forever.
  • The queen, the mayor, and the captain of the guard are all unhappy with their accomadations (see below), and lots of others are unhappy not to have no bedroom at all.
  • The Chief Medical Dwarf Imortal-D and his patient, DDDDragoni, want soap available to the hospital ASAP.
  • Japa says that rumors are true that the werelizard entombed in our mines is his wife, and would really like it if we could get some food to her -- this is complicated by the fact that she has just now entered her monthly transformation.
  • Heretic wants to see more dead wagons
  • I'm told there's some kind of forgotten beast wandering around, but I can't find any traces of it. Will have to wait to see if it's real, or if someone's been smoking the plump helmets instead of drinking them.
  • I've been warned that there is a traitor that's been making themselves scarce for the past couple of weeks. I'll admit, that one has me a little jumpy.

More about the unhappy householders:

The Queen doesn't think that her royal suite, specifically the bedroom and the diningroom, are royal enough:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Mayor and the Captain of the Guard are even less happy with theirs:

Plus, I have my own improvements that I want to make: I'll talk about those as I begin to implement them.

So, it would seem that I have my work cut out for me, before I even begin my first day. Wish me luck.

Supplemental

It turns out that once you've filled the post of Captain of the Guard, you lose the option to leave it vacant -- dang buerocracy. So, I'm giving the position to Sanju, the cloistered werelizard.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:38:10 pm by MobRules »
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2015, 05:51:07 pm »

Sanju as captain of the guard is like playing double or nothing with your sentence. You either avoid punishment or the beating sucks and give us twice the werebeasts.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2015, 06:34:40 pm »

Immortal-D, the chief medical dwarf, got to me on the 1st of Obsidian. He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.
I don’t know if he was happy because I survived or because there was so many interesting wounds to tend to on my body.
I just got out of my most recent surgery, and I’m scheduled for tractioning in a few days Immortal-D says that it was dicey for a while I should pull through unless something gets infected, which might be a problem since we have no soap. I’ve also lost most of the use of my left arm.
Bwahaha.  If you read my Dorf's profile, you will note that is likes & dislikes are almost entirely at odds with each other.  So don't panic, but your CMD is most likely schizophrenic.  As a point of interest, what are my Medical skills anyways?

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2015, 06:53:27 pm »

Immortal-D, the chief medical dwarf, got to me on the 1st of Obsidian. He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.
I don’t know if he was happy because I survived or because there was so many interesting wounds to tend to on my body.
I just got out of my most recent surgery, and I’m scheduled for tractioning in a few days Immortal-D says that it was dicey for a while I should pull through unless something gets infected, which might be a problem since we have no soap. I’ve also lost most of the use of my left arm.
Bwahaha.  If you read my Dorf's profile, you will note that is likes & dislikes are almost entirely at odds with each other.  So don't panic, but your CMD is most likely schizophrenic.  As a point of interest, what are my Medical skills anyways?
:o That's... good to know...
When I last had the save, you were a Competent Diagnostician and Suturer and a Dabbling Bone Doctor, Surgeon, and Wound Dresser. You are also a dabbling butcher.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:13:10 pm by DDDragoni »
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2015, 07:11:43 pm »

((What are my skills?))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2015, 07:23:00 pm »

((What are my skills?))
Expert Swordsdwarf, Professional Fighter, Skilled Shield User+Dodger, Great Grower, Adequate Armor User, Novice Biter, and a bunch of boring misc stuff.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2015, 09:44:07 pm »

Well, that's interesting...

Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2015, 09:51:25 pm »

Well, that's interesting...

''I will now show you how to better bite targets. This is a skill mostly useful for werebeasts, which we are not. Should you secretly be a werebeast (which isnt the case) or ''accidentally'' become one, this is how, absolutely theoretically, you'd go about to inflict maximum damage and infection.''

EDIT: Btw, bearskie, that intro style in the op kicks a large amount of ass.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:01:20 pm by Taupe »

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2015, 10:02:21 pm »

"Ok soldiers! Gather round.  A vital part of combat is the biting skill.  When you bite, be sure to aim for the neck, because, as you all know, dwarven teeth can easily pierce plate or chainmail.

If you aim for the lower body, it is possible you can achieve a gelding strike.  This has nothing to do with combat, just an interesting tidbit.

Now watch me for the next 3 days as I demonstrate."

Wow Taupe, we both had the exact same idea, but you posted just before I started to write, so I didn't see it before I started my reply.
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2015, 11:43:35 pm »

Then again, biting is useful if this is any indication.

Also, someone bit a troglodyte’s tongue off.

Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2015, 08:06:02 am »

Welp, there goes my plan of eventually signing up and starting a holy crusade against werebeats.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2015, 10:09:05 am »

Those darn werebeats, always messin' up my groove...

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2015, 07:28:29 pm »

Just a heads up that I probably won't be able to post an update before the weekend -- look for one Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2015, 07:42:00 pm »

Take your time. I actually feel that the first 3 turns went extremely quickly
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 66