- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259699 times)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #240 on: August 16, 2015, 04:05:58 am »

I see u think somethink like "Heretic is a spy"...
All i can tell u: Heretic is absolutely loyal to our fortress. Moreover, he is loyal to idea of tower, so he have no reason to help enemies of fortress...Hope, that u all will believe in that.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 16, 2015, 05:00:32 am »

I'd hate to interfere with your turn plans again MobRules, but by that reckoning all the military facilities (barracks, archery range) should be on the tower as well.  Consider it a queenly mandate if you will  ::).

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2015, 07:03:41 am »

I'd hate to interfere with your turn plans again MobRules, but by that reckoning all the military facilities (barracks, archery range) should be on the tower as well.  Consider it a queenly mandate if you will  ::).

Ah -- there were already multiple barracks outside when I started my turn, as well as several archery targets and two pottery kilns. So I interpreted that to mean that outside was OK as long as it was exposed & not protected by walls. (also, I missed it if you commented on the suggestion multiple people gave of putting a barracks down in the were-lizards cell before I followed it).

No prob, I'll get everything moved into the tower :)

(My next few posts are about conveying what's already happened, so nothing can change until I've moved beyond my first-day-of-summer recounting of Spring)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:10:54 am by MobRules »
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2015, 07:50:58 am »

Very sorry - they were the sort of things I didn't really realise until I read the rules aloud to myself. ("No buldings... err... wait, hang on a second")

Hopefully noone was too attached to that front page style.  I liked it very much, but I couldn't shake off that feeling of blurry-text, so we've reverted to the old version.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2015, 11:00:54 am »

I see u think somethink like "Heretic is a spy"...
All i can tell u: Heretic is absolutely loyal to our fortress. Moreover, he is loyal to idea of tower, so he have no reason to help enemies of fortress...Hope, that u all will believe in that.
But you are hiding your identity and beliefs. That's why I threw you in as a "if Heretic counts."

Ah -- there were already multiple barracks outside when I started my turn, as well as several archery targets and two pottery kilns. So I interpreted that to mean that outside was OK as long as it was exposed & not protected by walls. (also, I missed it if you commented on the suggestion multiple people gave of putting a barracks down in the were-lizards cell before I followed it).

No prob, I'll get everything moved into the tower.

(My next few posts are about conveying what's already happened, so nothing can change until I've moved beyond my first-day-of-summer recounting of Spring)

Most of those were already there when I started as well. I added the archery targets and a barracks because the rest of the military stuff was there.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2015, 11:27:31 am »

Hematite 1, Part III (of 3)

Security: We fixed some security holes in the form of up-down stairs that really should have only been one way. They're fixed now. Also, I've ordered that the default state of the cave bridges should be closed, though anyone can open 'em if they've got reason to.

Bedrooms & Storage: Added a buncha new bedrooms on the hospital level. Tiny, and the bedrooms overlap each other, but folks are happy to have beds of their own. Added two cabinets to the hospital in the NW of the level, some statues to the mayor's quarters in the SE, and filled the rest up with tiny bedrooms.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caravan:

Moving Forward:

The queen has ordered a major re-structuring of the military.

Also, the queen has ordered that everything -- all of the barracks, kilns, and what-not all be moved to the tower: even the werelizard. We're gonna get on that as soon as the military restructuring in announced.

PS -- everyone at least has pants now, though three dwarves are still runnin' around shirtless.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:32:58 am by MobRules »
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 16, 2015, 12:05:55 pm »

Nice texture pack. What are you using? also that part about moving every single thing in rhe throne room made me laugh. Well played.

Dumbestdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Silly small person
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2015, 05:25:32 pm »

Well, this has potential. If you don't mind, I'd like to be dorfed as a very stupid dwarf (even by dwarven standards, I mean), and I'd also like to take a turn.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2015, 06:07:47 pm »

@Taupe -- CLA, along with the colorblind_dawnbringer color set :)

@Dumblestdorf:

EDIT: Looks like it's illegal to put your monarch in charge of the military (won't show up in the list for "Militia Commander".) Who wants the job of telling Her Majesty? (I figured since she was a "Talented" macedwarf and an "Expert" fighter, there was no reason to have her be the sort of monarch who rules from the rear. But I can make her neither the militia commander nor put her in charge of a squad -- the only way to put her in the military is rank-and-file, which makes no sense.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:17:41 pm by MobRules »

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 16, 2015, 06:24:50 pm »

Hematite 2

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 16, 2015, 06:31:37 pm »

No queen was actually the captain of the macedwarf squad before she became queen, at which point she was automatically removed.  It's weird, I know.

The barracks outside the tower were my doing. I was originally planning to build an open space for them to train and not suffer cave adaption, but by the time I really got the tower going all my efforts were focused on the queen's rooms.

Sorry for not following the rules completely, but it seemed minor enough at the time that it didn't really matter.  Anyway keep up the great work, MobRules!

Well, I wrote everything above this and hit 'post' then I saw the new announcement, so allow me to say:

IT BEGINS
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 16, 2015, 06:50:11 pm »

IT BEGINS

(actually, it turns out to be quite anti-climatic)

The Goblins sent nine attackers, none of them Goblins

And the fight was over so quickly that those who had been sparring didn't make it to the tower in time to participate

I'm now checking the logs for interesting moments, and seeing if anyone was injured.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 16, 2015, 09:26:27 pm »

Hey all, does anyone object if:

1) I move the workshops and make the first floor of the tower into the melee training area (seems best for defense, anyone sneaking in has to pass right through it)
2) If I move the dining hall and your rooms to a different floor, and use the second level of the tower as an archery range, surrounded by fortifications?

Since we've got to move these things inside, this seems the best way to do it.

~~Linda

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 16, 2015, 10:41:35 pm »

Journal of DDDragoni Floordrink, broker and Investigator of Constructivory
The undated entry is written in a shaky and uncertain hand.
I saw TheCheesemaker today.

While I was negotiating with the elven traders, she walked strait through the depot wall.

Her hair and clothes were crusted with ice, and her eyes were somehow both vacant and piercing at the same time.

Her skin was blue and flaking off her body, revealing the chilled tissue and icy bones beneath.

She raised her arm, tattered and frozen cloth dangling from her skeletal arm, and pointed a rotting finger directly me.

A horrific rattle emanated from her cavernous, motionless, mouth as she advanced on me.

The elves around me made no move--were they unable to see the phantom, or simply uncaring?

Did she blame me for her death or only wish to answer my accusations?

Has she come merely to scare me, or is her intent more sisinter?

I knew not any of these answers, and the trade was complete, so I did all I could- I ran.

The engravers are memorializing her as I write, and soon this phantom will no longer roam the tower, but her frozen visage will always haunt my dreams...

Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 16, 2015, 11:25:59 pm »

Did Captain Awesome get any kills, or did he not participate in the battle?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:44:55 pm by TheCheeseMaker »
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 66