- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259574 times)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #255 on: August 16, 2015, 11:30:32 pm »

Hey all, does anyone object if:

1) I move the workshops and make the first floor of the tower into the melee training area (seems best for defense, anyone sneaking in has to pass right through it)
2) If I move the dining hall and your rooms to a different floor, and use the second level of the tower as an archery range, surrounded by fortifications?

Since we've got to move these things inside, this seems the best way to do it.

~~Linda

The unwritten rule here is to try not to remove another overseer's designs any more than is strictly necessary. Instead of moving everything on those levels, you could extend an existing level or build on a new level to fit the new areas instead? Helps to keep the tower expanding and growing.

Personally I shouldn't worry too much about efficiency and design practicality, a little carnage here and there really never hurt anybody. Plus, TheCheeseMaker did spend so much effort creating those ghastly, multi-coloured royal lodgings. Would be a shame to see them used for archery practice instead.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 17, 2015, 02:05:45 am »

The situation is absolutely same to that Strapfortress has in first siege.  We have elves that thinks that they are goblins too...It's looking intresting... research if they wear trolls leather clothes...  and else I request more info about my character... logs of battle, thougs, kils...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:08:17 am by Heretic »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 17, 2015, 03:21:15 am »

~Luna Lancepoints

A queen in my squad.

She knows. Why else would she still leave me in charge? Humility be damned, she bloody knows. Now I’ve got to watch over the queen as well as those two jokers. How did she know? My communications with Pulleysquirted are encrypted, untraceable. I hardly draw any attention to myself; I nod and smile at people but I really only talk to a few. And I certainly don’t keep a journal.

It had to be those documents then. She’d found them. Damn it, I told high command to not send it here. I hardly had a bed to hide it in, let alone a bloody room. Ended up stuffing it up my mail shirt and carrying it around everywhere. Hardly took it off for fear of my life, except…. shite, that party. Got wasted, might’ve said some things I regretted, ohshitohshit, woke up in bed with an awful hangover with my armor folded up neatly on my lap. Carp.

She’s smiling at me whyisshesmilingatme. Does she want to cut a deal? Blackmail? Does she like me? Come to think of it, I haven’t seen a king consort yet, and she really only hangs around with her rabbit often- Argh, begone weird thoughts! 

Hold it, I thought, maybe she doesn’t know everything yet. Those documents were unaddressed. For all she knows, I’m just really into local politics and geography. Totally not foreign intel reports from the Lancer’s ubiquitous spy channels. I've just got to act normal. Stop dropping any more hints. Act normal. And stop twitching so much. Act normal, damnit.

“Alright squad!” I said cheerily. “Today we’re gonna learn how to strangle people!”

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:54:04 am by Bearskie »

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 17, 2015, 04:34:48 am »

Hey all, does anyone object if:

1) I move the workshops and make the first floor of the tower into the melee training area (seems best for defense, anyone sneaking in has to pass right through it)
2) If I move the dining hall and your rooms to a different floor, and use the second level of the tower as an archery range, surrounded by fortifications?

Since we've got to move these things inside, this seems the best way to do it.

~~Linda

The unwritten rule here is to try not to remove another overseer's designs any more than is strictly necessary. Instead of moving everything on those levels, you could extend an existing level or build on a new level to fit the new areas instead? Helps to keep the tower expanding and growing.

Personally I shouldn't worry too much about efficiency and design practicality, a little carnage here and there really never hurt anybody. Plus, TheCheeseMaker did spend so much effort creating those ghastly, multi-coloured royal lodgings. Would be a shame to see them used for archery practice instead.

I wasn't going to touch the royal lodgings, just the first level workshops and the second level dining hall. But no prob, I'll put things elsewhere.

Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 17, 2015, 04:39:18 am »

Did Captain Awesome get any kills, or did he not participate in the battle?
Nobody who was dorfed participated -- you were all sparring, and the battle ended while you were still en route from the sparring area to the battle. (Calling it a 'battle' is an overstatement, really. More like 'intruders were discovered and eliminated'. I don't think there were even any injuries on our side.)
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 17, 2015, 06:57:02 am »

Just finished the thread so far. It looks good, I'd love to have a dwarf and turn!

(Pyro the Furnace Operator, if it's possible)

The civ itself isn't dead. There are other places to immigrate from that are still alive and functioning. Right now it's no different than if the queen immigrated to the fortress due to our wealth. Now if every dwarven site falls, I'm not sure, but we will still receive migrants for now.

Don't worry about that. It's actually impossible to run out of migrants, as far as I can tell. I've played around with pocket worlds with 1050 years of generation - the dwarven civ almost never has a site to its name by then, and their last citizen usually died 600+ years earlier - and the migrants still came. Out of game, they're obviously hard-coded, created wholesale, complete backstories and all, and thrown at you. In-game, they probably loiter around human sites or something, passing off their height as a medical condition.

Well: Built a roof over the top of the well, 'cause a well ain't much use if it's frozen. Still hasn't thawed yet, even had the miners mine it out, but it just remained ice. Hopefully now that summer's here it will finally thaw out, and hopefully the roof will keep it from freezing next year.

It doesn't matter what construction you make. The tile has been exposed to the open sky at some point, so the game will always consider it to be outside from now on. The only way to secure a ice-free well is to build a second, underground one, or pump magma all the way up from the magma sea to a reservoir 2 z-levels below the well you have now, with the magma-heated water stored on the level above that.

On the bright side, if you do build a magma pump stack, that's most of the work for a magma cannon done. Just make sure to power that stack with windmills or something instead of actual dwarves - it would take the entire workforce and the pathing lag would be fairly ridiculous.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 17, 2015, 07:04:44 am »

Bah, those green skins sent a scouting party to ascertain our defenses. Merely fodder of the brainwashed variety, so as to preserve their troop strength and attempt to thin our numbers before they send their main force. However, it is disturbing to note the variety of the free peoples that have already been tainted by the green skins influence. Men, elves and even dwarves have fallen under their sway! What next? Will they send those sneaky kobold spies to storm the tower?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 17, 2015, 07:42:37 am »

It's pretty obvious that these are a suicide squad, to test our defences.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 17, 2015, 12:17:46 pm »

Are we sure it's the Lies of Raking? There may be other goblin civs around. Welcome aboard, PyroTechno and Dumbestdorf :)

~Luna Lancepoints

The elves came and went again yesterday.  I was watching them from the corner of my eye as I sparred against Awesome. No more wooden rubbish, this time they brought along their fearsome beasts of war, whose eyes all shine bright with murder. And what do they demand in turn? Nothing else but our worthless rags. The situation is evolving quickly, as I warned in my latest communiqué to Pulleysquirted. It is clear that the elves seek the favour of Constructivory.

My own attempts to recreate the massacre of 51 have failed miserably. Coupled with the fact that I’m now under extra scrutiny, any plan has to be flawless in its preparation and execution. It is not easy. I have spent many a-session devising, planning and sketching to fruitless avail.  I feel as though I’m going mad, as even now I can hear elvish screams ringing through my head, along with the frenzied sounds of battle…

Wait what.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:54:26 am by Bearskie »

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 18, 2015, 06:34:22 am »

Eh, sure whatever. Dorf/Turn please.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 18, 2015, 07:18:26 am »

Sure, any preferences?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 18, 2015, 10:42:04 am »

Mechanic, please.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 20, 2015, 03:53:32 am »

Shooo.... how's the turn going, MobRules?

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 20, 2015, 06:17:45 am »

Shooo.... how's the turn going, MobRules?
+++

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 20, 2015, 01:40:56 pm »

Hey, sorry for my absence -- Real Life(TM) ensued.

Planning on getting the final update with LordBrassroast's dorfing,  up sometime late tonight, along with the save file.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:42:50 pm by MobRules »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66