- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259619 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #315 on: September 07, 2015, 08:03:17 pm »

So much stuff!  I'm going right up to the deadline, which I realize is rather in poor taste, so sorry bout that :-[

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 08, 2015, 11:44:17 pm »

-poke-

Nothing better than a deadline rush, eh?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 09, 2015, 12:03:26 am »

Give save now and writeup later.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 09, 2015, 12:08:12 am »

Give save now and writeup later.

Seconded. Writing can be tough sometimes, and I'm sure it'll be great, but it's not worth holding up he whole thread for.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2015, 04:20:36 am »

+1. Presumedly you're quite close to finishing the writeup anyway, so posting the save early gives some time for the next overseer to respond. And I won't peek, I swear :P.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 09, 2015, 12:57:23 pm »

Actually I don't mind waiting. But others might not be so keen, so I have no choice but to appease the pitchfork and torch wielding folk that are clamoring for an update by also joining in the queue that requests for a save file of some sort.

*Eagerly presses F5 like crazy.*

:P

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 09, 2015, 08:37:12 pm »

Aight folks.  I crashed back to 'Early Winter', so that is where the save leaves off.  After you see my journal, I think you will sympathize with me that I retired early  :P  Should be saved with ASCII, but should probably double-check.

p.s. The journal is ~1/2 complete, and since tomorrow is technically my last day, I'll have it done by then.

p.p.s To my successor, feel free to look around my project, but no pics until I've posted.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1503118/Dwarf%20Fortress/Succession%20Tower.7z
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:39:15 pm by Immortal-D »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 10, 2015, 05:29:50 am »

Right, I believe I'm slated to be next in line, so grabbing the save.

EDIT: Won't be starting my turn until the weekend comes around.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 05:38:10 am by Zuglarkun »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 10, 2015, 09:13:17 am »

*Stealthily hides pitchfork* okay!

Just remember, you should try to play through the remainder of Immortal-D's turn (Winter) as well as yours, but if you find yourself strapped for time, you could just do a regular one year and pass the extra quarter turn to the next overseer.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 10, 2015, 08:44:14 pm »

8 Granite

Truly it is an honor and privilege to lead our great Tower.  First things first, I need to take stock of our situation.  Big picture and all that.

Oh for the love of Armok.  What the bloody hell have you people been doing this whole time?  Here is a brief run down of the first things I encountered.  Let's see if you can figure out what is wrong here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To recap- we have an Elven prisoner lounging about in a food stockpile; instead of gold statues, we are using a magma-safe stone b/c it happens to be yellow; our chefs have orders to cook half the booze; and we have a small mountain of tallow that is forbidden, yet no soap operations.  I mean seriously, I

20 Slate

Ah, so much to keep track of, but it shows we are prosperous.  Plus the nobles are very humble in their demands.

On that note, I suppose I should check in on our military, if only for reference.
Well, I'm sure that is a simple miscommunication, I mean after all

Are you freaking serious!?!?!  We are using all kinds of bolts, whatever is available... for training.  I queued up at least 5 stacks of 30 with that worthless Manager Taupe (who takes weeks to fill out an order b/c he's assigned to hauling labor).  At least now I know why we never had a surplus of ammunition.  You know what?  Screw this.  I'm going to build my own Tower!  With blackjack!  And hookers!

Actually, forget the blackjack.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:10:51 pm by Immortal-D »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 10, 2015, 08:50:29 pm »

Holy fuck I'm the manager now? When did that ha AWESOME.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 10, 2015, 09:05:32 pm »

15 Felsite
If I'm going to build a properly safe Tower, then I'm going to need proper accommodations.  I know we're not supposed to mess with a previous Overseer's Tower, but the way I see it, I'm not changing anyone else's Tower, I'm only changing my room in the Tower.

While that's being taken care of, a bunch of hippies have just

16 Felsite
The Elven caravan has arrived!  I was getting some strange looks earlier, but no matter.  I noticed we've been holding one of their kin for some time now.  I suspect the poor fellow was injured.  I will see if I can bargain for his return.

17 Felsite
What's everyone yelling at me for!  Not my fault.  Plus I thought that was actually pretty hilarious, but I guess nobody else shares my fantastic sense of humor.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:15:27 pm by Immortal-D »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 11, 2015, 03:19:54 am »

Dwarven diplomacy at its very finest- "We were only trying to swap some prisoners for, well, all their stuff. Hey it's a fair deal, it's their fault they refused". Keep this up and we'll be getting elven sieges in no time.

And you're perfectly right, your bedroom extension was built as a new area, so it's all good and legal.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:06:16 am by Bearskie »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 12, 2015, 09:26:07 am »

20 Malachite
Turns out this is the year of the migrants.  I am somewhat concerned that a previous Overseer left a mere 6 rooms...
And without a roof. Hmmm..  If I add a roof, then no Dwarf can accuse me of not contributing something to the Tower.  Then I can focus all of my efforts on the grand

SHUT UP YOU FOOL!

9 Limestone
Everyone keeps looking at me like I'm crazy (like we don't have more important things to worry about).  Some miserable smith just reported that he's out of fuel.

Why even bother telling me this?

Everyone know I

This is awful!  We can't have our Fortress's greatest contributors lacking proper tools!

I order many trees slain and sent to our... 5 Wood Burning furnaces?!  Which I can't find.  Screw it, we'll move that to *redacted* as well.

25 Limestone
I We have been getting far too many questions, which has slowed construction considerably.  Fortunately, some Goblins arrived to provide brief entertainment.
They milled about on the hillside for a bit, clearly impressed by
I think the only reason we survived is b/c they were paralyzed from laughter.  I ordered the militia to assemble on the lower plains, and battle was joined soon thereafter.

One of the Marksdwarves saw fit to charge the fray.  Thankfully, live-fire exercises are great practice for teaching proper fighting techniques.  I hope he will use this experience to its' fullest, and learn from his mistakes.

8 Sandstone
Our time here is nearing an end
I will live forever!!!!!
We have begun testing of our defenses

20 Sandstone

I just... I don't even know anymore.  Literally, in the span of a few minutes between arrival of this beast and the report reaching me, this is what happened, in order;

Titan Arrives, and immediately begins a terrible battle with... an Echidna.
They are evenly matched, until 3 useless beards decide to join the fray.
The Titan roundhouse kicks the Dwarve's heads into paste.
This provides the Echidna with a crucial opening, allowing it to land multiple devastating blows.
The Titan, now severely injured, decides 'screw this', and walks out of our territory
The Dwarves are recovered, but neither Titan or Echidna can be found.  It is a mystery.

30 Sandstone
We are finished!!  3z's of safe haven for all those who hate Towers.

8 Timber
Clearly we deserve to celebrate.
But I don't think
You shut up! We're in charge now
Fine, seems kinda crowded though.

You know what?  Screw this.  I'm going to build my own party hall! With blackjack!  And hookers!

Actually, forget the party hall and the blackjack.

Actually I don't mind waiting. But others might not be so keen, so I have no choice but to appease the pitchfork and torch wielding folk that are clamoring for an update by also joining in the queue that requests for a save file of some sort.
Right, I believe I'm slated to be next in line, so grabbing the save.

Ah screw the whole thing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:31:32 pm by Immortal-D »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 12, 2015, 09:45:38 am »

Did someone manually copy the graphics folder with CLA and forgot to remove it before posting the save? Its giving me problems with trying to install my graphic set of choice. Removing the graphics folder in the save fixes the problem. But I am deathly afraid of fucking around with the save. Would someone please advise?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:47:46 am by Zuglarkun »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 66