- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259700 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2015, 09:49:39 am »

I didn't manually change anything.  Used 'install ASCII' from the LNP, and that's it.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 12, 2015, 10:02:40 am »

I didn't manually change anything.  Used 'install ASCII' from the LNP, and that's it.

I think it was carried over from MobRules turn. The tileset was indeed removed, but the graphics set still remained in the save raws. Immortal-D, did you notice how the dwarf units did not update to your graphic set? (looks like Phoebus) The dwarves were on CLA graphics but everything else looks like it was on Phoebus. I'm trying to convert the graphics and tileset to Ironhand and the dwarf graphic did not update properly.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 12, 2015, 10:50:40 am »

Just took a look at the save - definitely carried over from MobRule's turn (the CLA graphics weren't removed in the direct link). I can properly change the graphics to ASCII for you, just give me a sec.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:53:10 am by Bearskie »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 12, 2015, 11:08:31 am »

Could you detail the steps of what you did to fix it Bearskie? Do I just need to delete the [graphics] folder in the save? Would be helpful to know, so if I run into the problem again I can fix it on my own. Not the first time I've encountered this particular problem in a community game.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 12, 2015, 11:16:30 am »

Btw, my conclusion is the last post of 22 if anyone missed it.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 12, 2015, 11:38:53 am »

Since most succession games only involve passing around the save folder, yes you usually only have to delete everything within the [graphics] folder to fix such problems. This reverts everything back to the original graphics depending on your tileset.

But while looking through the save, I also worryingly came across some modded objects in the raws. They shouldn't be any problem since this is already post-worldgen and mostly listed as non-txt files, but I deleted them to the best of my abilities nonetheless. Hoping that doesn't end up causing any issues; anyone here experienced enough with modding to advise?

Lastly I also *ahem* dorfed myself. And fixed Dumbestdorf's dorf spelling. So here's the save:

SAVE

While I was cleaning up the save I also came across... this guy. Which is quite possibly the best example of RNGesus naming I've ever seen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sounds like you had one hell of a turn, Immortal-D. Can I say how excited I am that we're actually getting regular goblin sieges in this version?

Also, that smiley-faced thimagamajig is the most useless GLORIOUS achievement yet we have built in this frozen hellhole. Absolute commendation for your impressive efforts. Now, I believe its time you got back on your meds...

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 12, 2015, 12:48:34 pm »

OK, just tested. Yeah I saw those modded objects too. Tile Set works fine, but I still got some weird graphics glitch with the dwarves appearing as dead versions instead of alive. Found a workaround, though the problems persists in vanilla ASCII, particularly with rock formations (schist in particular).

EDIT: The problem in vanilla ASCII should be fixed now. I copied over the vanilla raws over the save raws and it displays properly in vanilla now. Still have to do the graphics folder copy over if you decide to play with a tileset.

So yeah, if you encounter the same problem, just do what I did, but please just remove the graphics folder before posting the save, makes things easier for everyone. If your using the LNP, make sure to d/l the latest version as LNP r8 seems to be the cause of this problem. Unless I'm sorely mistaken.

EDIT: If somehow the save fucks up after my turn, just revert back to the save before mine, or whichever one started giving these problems if necessary.

So instead of playing DF, I got ensnared into this entire glitched graphics thing and ended up spading my way into a solution. Excellent! Its really late where I am, so I'll call it a day and play tomorrow instead.

orz
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:59:21 pm by Zuglarkun »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 12, 2015, 12:59:23 pm »

Also, that smiley-faced thimagamajig is the most useless GLORIOUS achievement yet we have built in this frozen hellhole. Absolute commendation for your impressive efforts. Now, I believe its time you got back on your meds...
First off, if the land was frozen at some point, it's not anymore.  Second, I am honored by your sentiment.  Third, the fact that my smiley Tower with 3 rows of Traps and counting is the most glorious achievement thus far does not speak well of our prospects.  Lastly, I may or may not have started digging candy before my turn ended, b/c , so the next Overseer should probably check on that.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 12, 2015, 01:09:59 pm »

Hoo boy, a potential date with the circus. Let me just go put on my best suit and tie.

Still thinking of what to add to the tower. Decisions decisions.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 12, 2015, 04:39:31 pm »

Guilty on the CLA (sorry, used LNP to switch, & was in such a hurry uploading that I forgot to change it back. ) No idea about the modded objects though -- other than seeing a few odd things that made me wonder if the save did have modded raws.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2015, 10:45:15 pm »

Oh my, This looks interesting. c: I can be dorfed yes?
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 13, 2015, 03:29:03 am »

Sure sure. If you want, you can pick your own dwarf (refer to census in the front page), else I suppose Zuglar will just randomly dorf you.

Against all expectations, the smiley tower actually serves as quite a good wildlife trapping area :P. Admittedly we're going to have to come up with a jazzier name for it. How does Fort-D sound?

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 13, 2015, 06:23:23 am »

Any preferences nomoetoe?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 13, 2015, 07:01:44 am »

Hey Zuglarkun, just realised noone has dorfed PyroTechno yet (sorry!). Psst, and I'll leave it to you to break the news about that guy who died....
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:06:08 am by Bearskie »

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 13, 2015, 01:26:22 pm »

Any preferences nomoetoe?

I suppose I shall be a miner doesn't matter which one it is just a miner. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 66