- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259625 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2015, 03:01:23 pm »

Sure sure. If you want, you can pick your own dwarf (refer to census in the front page), else I suppose Zuglar will just randomly dorf you.

Against all expectations, the smiley tower actually serves as quite a good wildlife trapping area :P. Admittedly we're going to have to come up with a jazzier name for it. How does Fort-D sound?
I dont see how we could hope to surpass ''Smiley Tower''...

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2015, 03:35:07 pm »

If you check the Burrows, you will see that I have already taken the liberty of naming it and assigning worthy Dwarves to its' protection.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2015, 09:30:44 pm »

Is it actually named the House of Balls, or are my GoogleTranslat-a-foo skills merely not up to scratch?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You are aware that you've just burrowed yourself out of your bedroom and office (or incidentally, any form of food and drink for that matter) ._.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:38:29 pm by Bearskie »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 14, 2015, 06:35:28 pm »

That should be Pollo, not Pallo.  Big difference.  Second, that is only when the burrow is active.  Thirdly, yes only am I included (so far), b/c only the most worthwhile Dwarves deserve the protection of The House of Balls Chicken.  There ought to be a small provisions stockpile on one of the floors.  I hope a future Overseer looks into that.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 06:37:26 pm by Immortal-D »

Vortex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 15, 2015, 11:13:46 am »

If it's not too much trouble I'll take a dwarf as well.  I'm not particular - just one whose first name starts with V will do nicely. :)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 15, 2015, 01:20:30 pm »

Sorry about lack of updates, been hard to squeeze in time for DF. Winter is done, and a post should be up soon, editing all the pictures and doing a write up now. Besides those that had requested dorfing earlier, I took the liberty of also dorfing uber pye, escondida as well as the third iteration of RedMageCole who somehow wasn't already dorfed.

If it's not too much trouble I'll take a dwarf as well.  I'm not particular - just one whose first name starts with V will do nicely. :)

So will that first name starting in V be in dwarvish or english? e.g. Vortex Voicedtorches or Vortex Vucarvunom?

Vortex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 15, 2015, 02:29:56 pm »

Take an interesting dwarf whose first name starts with a V and rename the first name to Vortex. :)

(So Vucar Esmuleral becames Vortex Esmuleral, if that makes sense!)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 15, 2015, 08:34:51 pm »

Can we get a journal list in the op?  Also, I would love to see Casa De Pallo Pollo in glorious Armok Vision.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 15, 2015, 11:12:12 pm »

*shrugs* They didn't really asked to be dorfed or redorfed, so nobody really bothered to. Definitely looking forward to your first update.

Can we get a journal list in the op?  Also, I would love to see Casa De Pallo Pollo in glorious Armok Vision.

Yeah, it's already there. All official updates and journal entries, lumped together based on chronological order. Check it out! (+tell me if I mislink anything)

And while I concede that Japa's computer probably renders things 10x better than mine, eh- here's some pretty 3D images nonetheless.
Spoiler: Large (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 15, 2015, 11:45:15 pm »

Yeah, performance is something I need to work on badly.

What kind of computer do you run?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 16, 2015, 12:37:30 am »

i3, intel HD4400, 8gb ram. Still looks pretty amazing to me; it's probably been the best DF visualizer I've seen so far. Thanks for making it Japa.

Are you still planning to insert day/night cycle lighting in future versions, or has the idea been dropped out? Because those initial turn 2 screenshots were pretty awesome.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 16, 2015, 12:43:31 am »

Yeah. There's some issues with day/night cycles, mostly solvable. Biggest one though is making a GUI for it.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 16, 2015, 02:02:49 am »

Overseer Immortal-D's Log - 13th Moonstone 54

"Hey there Overseer! Oh wow, you're not looking so great. Why so glum?" remarked Shipcat, one of the defenders of ConstructIvory. I had organized a party to celebrate our great victory over the goblins - but damn it all, no one has bothered to attend and the party venue was cramped as a chicken's coop.

"Oh. Nothing in particular."

"Oh come on, you can tell me, aren't we on friendly terms?" Remarked Shipcat. It was true, we are on friendly terms, having rubbed shoulders in our duties here in Constructivory, me as the Chief Medical Dwarf and her as an administrator and defender.

"Thanks for the concern, but I'm fine."

"Oh come now, hey I have an idea that will be sure to cheer your spirits a little. Lets have a friendly competition! Winner gets to to choose the forfeit what do ya say?"

I looked up from my seat and gave a long hard look at this Shipcat. I've had it with this whole Overseer business, I just didn't care anymore, and I still had a whole season to go until I got my term re-evaluated, I was in no mood for fun and games. So I made a start to shoo her away, but then an idea popped into my mind.

"So a competition eh? Winner... chooses the forfeit?"

"You heard me right. Look, I'll even go one further and let you choose what we'll be competing on, what do you say?"
Inwardly, I smirked a little as a plan came to mind. This Shipcat's hubris will be her downfall.

"Well. I guess I'll hold you to your word then."

The Reign of Immortal-D Shipcat, Winter 54

How did I get bamboozled into taking up the position of Overseer? I must have had one too many kegs of dwarven wine last night. All I remember was me trying to to cheer up that poor bugger Immortal-D by having some fun among us beards, and next thing I know we were having a friendly beard competition instead in which the winner decided the forfeit of the loser.

Contestant no. 1: Immortal-D

Contestant no. 2: Shipcat

But... but... I have no facial hair!

So I inevitably lost, and Immortal-D decided that I had to take over overseer duties for the rest of the year as forfeit! Oh that clever scoundrel twisting my words like that! Well... far be it for me to back down from my promise, I shall approach this new challenge honorably, and try to perform my duties to the utmost best of my abilities. Besides, I've always been rather ambitious if I should say so myself. Every ship needs a shipcat after all, so why not be Overseer for a season? It can't be that difficult right?

14th Moonstone 54

So first day as Overseer, I had to report to the mayor to retrieve the Overseer's Logs. Apparently we are to keep a logbook so as to record our undertakings, don't ask why, don't question why I was told. Well not that big of a deal I suppose. Ever since I'd arrived here, I've been mostly self-absorbed in my training per the orders from the higher ups. I've never paid much attention to the work of other dwarves. I made a cursory glance at some of these industrious individuals.

Spoiler: uber pye, Stoneworker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: escondida, Carpenter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: nomoetoe, Miner (click to show/hide)

Aye, we sure are a hardy lot to have carved out a living in these harsh unforgiving lands. But not everyone is cut out for this sort of lifestyle however. Take this Tobul for example.
Spoiler: Poor lass (click to show/hide)

As I make my rounds, I examined the battleground of our latest victory over the Greenskins of The Old Horror; corpses still lay littered in the fields.
Spoiler:  What a mess (click to show/hide)

Haulers are still busy at work trying to bury our dead.
Spoiler: RIP, The fallen (click to show/hide)

I made my first order as Overseer to begin salvaging the battlefield. I'm ordering all of the goblin arms to be gathered and melted. We shall not use these arms that still bear the foul emblem of The Old Horror.

Turns out none of the corpses of the invaders are being hauled away, seems like the morgue is already full of corpses. Oh wait, why are we also hoarding elf corpses near Casa de Pallo? That is simply unsanitary. *Sigh* Looks like I'll have to do some refuse management around here.

Later in the day, Dobar comes up to me and reports that we are out of lye.
Spoiler: Out of lye (click to show/hide)
What? Didn't we make some?
Spoiler: Sure we did (click to show/hide)
Damn it, guess we'll just have to make do with the 3 bars of soap we still have.

Just then, Atis rushed on by me, hauling some gems in her hands all the while muttering some incomprehensible nonsense.

19th Moonstone 54

I've received report that that oddball Atis has begun work on a mysterious construction!
Spoiler: What could it be? (click to show/hide)

I've also found out that the siege operators were launching our newly uncovered adamantine deposits as catapult ammunition. I promptly put a stop to that.
Spoiler: Expensive ammo (click to show/hide)

21st Moonstone 54

I've been out all day sorting out the trash around the fortress, the old refuse stockpiles are now properly sorted to prevent the more timid of our citizens from encountering some atrocity while going about their daily business.
Spoiler: Waste Management (click to show/hide)

This new morgue is placed conveniently near an open magma vent for easy cremation.

23rd Moonstone 54

A cry of exhilaration resounds in the air, as Atis Lisedled emerges from the craftsdwarf workshop with a work of dwarven ingenuity in her hand -
Spoiler: an orthoclase flute (click to show/hide)

Worth 16800 urists, but sadly nothing of note depicted.

26th Moonstone 54

The refuse stockpile for sentients is working as expected. I've ordered the various corpses to be cremated in the magma sea.
Spoiler: Cremation (click to show/hide)

4th Opal 54

"Hey mayor, what is that horrible hissing noise coming from the tower?"

"Oh, pay no heed to it, that's just our bookkeeper. I've heard rumors that she has a secret identity, a superhero perhaps? What with her hiding in her secret lab all day long doing super secret superhero stuff. But who knows really?", remarked the mayor as she gave me a knowing wink.

7th Opal 54

I've been inspecting this abomination of a tower that is our Fortress; garish colors, unsafe architecture and all. I vaguely remember how one of the new militia threw herself off the tower a a few years back. Some sort of sparring incident they said. I reckon it must be because her eyes popped out of her head after looking at this monstrosity of a tower, and she just blindly teetered off the tower into open air. Rumor has it that what happened was no unfortunate accident, but the work of goblin spies. To this day, I still don't know what to believe, but this tower could sure use some walls.

13th Opal 54

To be a good general, you need to be acquainted with tactics and how to maneuver troops in battle. But, the mark of a GREAT general is in logistics; having some skill in providing is key to military success. As such, I have a temporary well constructed underground. This should provide us with fresh water even in winter.
Spoiler: the new *working* well (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, I've been working on a little secret project of mine.
Spoiler: Its a SECRET (click to show/hide)

11th Obsidian 54

*Shipcat lets loose a fell laughter*

22nd Obsidian 54

Oh boy, my term as Overseer is coming up soon, in recognition of MY excellence, I hereby declare it to be PARTY TIME! WOOHOO! Hey Aban! Bring in the Wild Boar man strippers! Time to celebrate!

Spring has arrived!

OOC: That took waaaaay longer than expected to type out. Fort is hovering around 20+ FPS, dearly tempted to just butcher all the animals to see if it helps. Also, sorry for the loss TheCheeseMaker, who would you like to be dorfed as?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:46:44 am by Zuglarkun »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 16, 2015, 03:01:20 am »

Adamantine catapults *slow clap*. I've thought I've seen it all. Really, I can see enemies queuing up just to be shot by our incredibly expensive siege cannons.

PSA: Incase your secret project involves starting a metalworking industry, a reminder: the magma has to come to the tower, not the tower going to the magma. In other words, even our smelters and metalworking workshops must be above-ground.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 03:21:40 am by Bearskie »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 16, 2015, 04:30:02 am »

So, in both instances, TheCheeseMaker's avatar died to his mortal enemy - water.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 66