- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259592 times)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #390 on: September 26, 2015, 12:29:12 pm »

I was able to finish winter. Write up to follow soon, though there isn't really anything much to report :P
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:16:39 am by Zuglarkun »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 26, 2015, 11:13:16 pm »

Dying to comment on your latest... project, but I'll withhold myself until you post the writeup. Don't want to spoil it for anyone. :P

Regarding the next turn, I believe Gwolfski's overseering the all-mighty Necrothreat right now, but I'll ask anyway. If it's a no, then Turn 8 will go to escondida.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 27, 2015, 01:19:19 am »

Nyan~

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 27, 2015, 05:10:48 am »

2nd Moonstone 55

Winter has come. With any luck, this will be my final season as Overseer. Though I am weary, I fully intend to see it through to the bitter end. I tried to put on a smile and went about my business.

Well whatever, not my problem. I have no time for this foolishness anyway. There are quite a few things to get done around here. I have several things on my plate that I need to clear before my reign is over. Call me untrusting, but deep inside I felt that if I did not try to get these things done while I still had the authority to push folks around, no one will ever bother. I will need to get all the dwarfpower available at my disposal, so I put out a notice that meeting and party venues were closed until further notice. All right, time to get things going!

20th Moonstone 55

First order of business, I went to check the progress on the preparation work for the magma cisterns. Seems the Magma Cistern is just about ready, the magma floodgates were up and running. All it needs is for the loose rubble to be cleared and for the remaining rocks that blocked the magma flow to be removed. I gave the order to the miners to channel away the rock from the top, no sense in needlessly endangering anyone.

23rd Moonstone 55

Next order of business. I surveyed the site where we will be rerouting the magma into the fortress to power the forges. The drainage system was still missing and the pipeline connecting to the magma pump stack was still incomplete. I got more workers to get started on these right away, as this will be the lifeblood of our metalworking industry.

4th Opal 55

Spoiler: I have a great idea! (click to show/hide)

The water leak from the aquifers would be redirected and depressurized, flowing into a drainage area to the south. Water wheels could then be built on top of the flowing water, creating power for the pumps. I didn't have the time to install the waterwheels and other contraptions, so I simply marked off the area where such a design would be feasible.  I only hope my successor has some working knowledge on machinery.

7th Obsidian 55

I had not heard from Ducim for some time, and I'm growing worried that no one wanted to step up to the plate. So I paid a visit to Ducim's office today to go over the matter of my replacement, but turns out Ducim had her hands full at the moment.

I reckon mayor was the perfect career choice for Ducim, she seems unaffected by all this whining and complaining that Tobul has been subjecting her to, though it looks like she has been trying to console Tobul for awhile now to no avail. With a look of resignation, I excused myself from her office. I quickly figured out that this consoling business ain't going to end anytime soon. Great. As I turned to leave, Tobul began throwing a tantrum -

I left Ducim's office with a bad taste in my mouth. Perhaps my experiences have readied me for all these hardships along the way, perhaps all this killing has made me cold and insensitive, perhaps I just have low expectations.

Call me crude or crass, but And I doubt I ever will. Well screw them, I don't need to take their crap.

10th Obsidian 55

The engineers report that the magma pumpstack drainage system is complete - excess magma from filling the forges can now be drained away safely. All that is left is to extend the pipelines towards the tower.

12th Obsidian 55

I've been so preoccupied with this magma business that I had clean forgotten about the bedrooms! I quickly ordered a quadrant of the new tower floor to be floored over.

13th Obsidian 55

I've learnt that Aban got injured while deconstructing the stairs on the top of the magma pumpstack tower. She fell a few storeys off the tower down onto the ground, fortunately she survived though her right hand is badly injured. I have our team of doctors on the case.

Spoiler: Ushat is on the case (click to show/hide)

Was this just typical dwarfish clumsiness or could this be the work of the saboteur that is still lurking around? I must inform our investigator DDDragoni!

17th Obsidian 55

I received news that DDDragoni fell off the magma pump stack tower. I wouldn't have learnt about this had not someone spotted DDDragoni dragging herself across the freezing tundra in search of medical attention. Praise her fortitude! With everyone as busy as it is with the various construction projects ongoing, she could have died out there in the cold with nary anyone noticing.

Spoiler: A recounting of events (click to show/hide)

I am beginning to suspect that someone or something doesn't want us to harness the power of magma by making sure that the magma pump stack stays incomplete. It is most suspicious. I'm going to post some of the military on standby nearby the pumpstack tower to ensure further unfortunate accidents do not happen.

In other reports, Atis is exhibiting symptoms of one of those strange moods - promptly abandoning the hauling tasks that everyone is preoccupied with to claim a craftsdwarf workshop for her own use.

19th Obsidian 55

Spoiler: A tower level complete (click to show/hide)

With the orthoclase rooms completed, I made a checkup on the condition of Aban and DDDragoni in the hospital. Thankfully I had the soap made earlier on, quite the lifesaver in these situations.

Spoiler: DDDragoni is hurt (click to show/hide)

Seems DDDragoni mangled her hand badly on her fall from the tower. I doubt she will be able to use that right hand of hers anymore. She reported that she remembered feeling a strange presence around the site of Aban's accident, and had found some suspicious marks on the stairs. But before she could approach to investigate further, she felt a blow to her head and that was all she could recollect.

I hurried to the site to follow up on her lead, axe in hand just in case the perpetrator was still about. But alas the stairs were already removed. Damn it! Another dead end.

21st Obsidian 55

Spoiler: Atis begins work (click to show/hide)
Atis has begun work on yet another mysterious construction. I wonder what she will make this time?

In the meantime, I'm having the bedrooms outfitted in the finished section of the new bedroom block. Everyone is busy at the moment, the magma cisterns were just cleared of debris earlier, and we released the magma into the cistern to allow it to slowly fill up.

Spoiler: Magma cisterns filling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: What's this? (click to show/hide)

Hoo boy, Tobul got herself into quite some trouble this time. I pray Sanju goes easy on the fella.

24th Obsidian 55

Spoiler: Personal bedrooms yay! (click to show/hide)

The bedroom complex is completed. Kind of unpolished without any walls or doors for privacy, but many dwarves are already glad for the change, having been without any bedrooms to call their own for quite some time now.

25th Obsidian 55

Atis has created Murkamug - Boldfogs, a kimberlite scepter! Another fine example of dwarven craftsdwarfship!

26th Obsidian 55

There is so much going on around the fortress. I finally got the flooding systems working down in the magma sea, and we should have full access to the adamantine veins in short order.

Spring has arrived!

1st Granite 56

It seems the mayor has found a candidate to replace me as the Overseer. Good. This means I can get back to honing my prowess with a blade. I won't miss my days of being overseer, its a military life for me.
and trying to run the fortress has been mentally exhausting. I look forward to rubbing shoulders with the squad instead of running around like a headless chicken. As they say - Eat, sleep, whoop ass, repeat.

Time to step down. If I stepped on anyone's toes in the process, I only have one thing to say, "Screw you!" I did all that I could to uphold the safety and well-being of the fort, and I only hope my replacement can do the same.

Spoiler: This is Shipcat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: signing off (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: from ConstructIvory (click to show/hide)

- End of Overseer Shipcat's Log -

Save is available HERE.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:48:47 pm by Zuglarkun »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 27, 2015, 10:01:55 pm »

Spoiler: This is Shipcat (click to show/hide)

It does not poop rainbows. I am gravely disappointed.

You know, I fully expect the hill to be dotted with random, questionably useful building sculptures by the end of this game. Which makes me wonder what our next spirit animal is going to be.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 28, 2015, 12:36:27 am »

Spoiler: The old bedrooms (click to show/hide)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 28, 2015, 02:54:58 am »

It does not poop rainbows.

I did consider that briefly, but I did not have the stones to do it.
Besides, it won't look nice in ASCII.

I am gravely disappointed.

Towercat is watching. Towercat is not amused.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 28, 2015, 04:17:32 am »

Ok Gwolfski's just responded, he's busy so will be postponing him by 5 turns, same as Taupe. Escondida, you there?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 28, 2015, 08:27:58 am »

All hail Towercat...!!!

Initial plan: Lets add levels to our fortress!
Recent overseers: Well I'll make my own tower, with blackjack, and hookers.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:29:52 am by Taupe »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #399 on: September 28, 2015, 11:07:57 am »

5 TURNS!?!?!?

ill be 99% able to grab the next one.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 28, 2015, 01:06:39 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaactually, it turns out I'm kinda busy right now, too. Could you take me off the list? (It's a shame; I was looking forward to taking a turn here!)

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 28, 2015, 06:10:05 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaactually, it turns out I'm kinda busy right now, too. Could you take me off the list? (It's a shame; I was looking forward to taking a turn here!)
So I believe that means Japa's next.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 28, 2015, 07:50:23 pm »

1st Granite 56

I mean, the new Overseer did alright.  Sure the Tower addition is fancy and all, but... meh.

NO!
We can't allow this upstart Shipcat to make a fool of us!

But certainly competition is a fool's errand?

Perhaps. Hmmm

Of course, we all know that everyone hates us.  Casa de Pallo was simply too amazing.

We are rights to be cautious.  Only greatness is remembered here, any less is clearly dangerous to us.

Sooo.. if TowerCat were to be 'accidentally' damaged...?
NO!  They would surely suspect us.  But if we can make a fool of this false idol...
Then we would be the best Tower again!!!  We must find the roster quickly, lest some other Dwarf claim a second turn before us.

~~~~~~~
Sign me up please :D

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 28, 2015, 08:07:34 pm »

Just posting to confirm that I'll be doing my turn tonight.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 28, 2015, 09:37:32 pm »

5 TURNS!?!?!?

ill be 99% able to grab the next one.
Sorry, overestimated your workload since you still had Breadbowl and Necrothreat to go through :P. You're now up after Japa then.

Aw. Sure you dont want to postpone your turn further down the list?

Immortal-D readded (oh god,  Casa de Pallo's getting an extension), and best of luck to Japa. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 66