- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259577 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #435 on: October 06, 2015, 05:38:28 am »

I did not yet reach that level, no.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 06, 2015, 08:13:11 am »

CONFIDENTIAL

The intelligence contained in this report is confidential, privileged and only for the information of the intended recipient.
It is strictly forbidden to otherwise give, trade or reproduce the contents of this report in any form and to any external parties.
Failure to comply to these guidelines will result in treason, which is punishable by death.

The Old Horror (G)

“Now, if you don’t eat your (plump helmets/bran quinoa/raw horse meat/thy enemy’s foot) for dinner, you know what’ll happen. The Old Horror is going to come to your bed at night, and he’ll carry you away to Baldmaligned. And you know what they do to little children there…”

~ An old threat often used by desperate parents of all species throughout the land

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Old Horror is the largest civilization in the world, with population numbers almost twice as high as the next civilization (currently the Lies). The metropolis of Baldmaligned is similarly massive, housing nearly two thousand citizens of various races and captivity status. Endless dark pits, trenches and prisons, all converge on a glowing spire of slade – the Occult Castle. Here lies the throne of the flame demon Ngul Skinnedscratches, Dreamweaver.

As with all goblin civilizations, there is an undercurrent of violence and cruelty running through the Old Horror. Left alone, goblin groups tend to fizzle out soon after fighting one too many wars. Yet Ngul has tempered this natural bloodlust with much pragmatism throughout his rule, forging the Horror into a blade of cold sharp precision. A blade that has already driven two elven queendoms to the brink of extinction: the Lark of Stops and the Dutiful Nature.

Both were thriving elven civilizations at the dawn of creation. Like all elves, they were also stupidly proud with their ethics and moralities. They should have known better than to anger the Old Horror, what more over petty issues like the value of truthfulness. Elves! Unbelievable.

Each time the Old Horror would invade, with terrifying casualties on both sides, and each time the elves would hurriedly extend a peace offer. Any other goblin civilization would have wiped them out there and then in a bitter war, but Ngul chose not to. He decided to accept the peace offers – but only in return for elf prisoners (mostly children). In the year 50, when the elven sites were finally drained and their populace non-existent, the Old Horror had marched into their forests and took over with very little resistance, accompanied by the former elves of the land.

Currently the elves of the Dutiful Nature are left with their final World Tree at Flowertrailed, and a little human town they’ve somehow managed to take over. Hemmed between the humans and the Old Horror, they won’t last long. Soon they will follow the way of their brethren, the Basic Season.

The Lark of Stops have at least tried to make a last stand. It’s not a bad one by any means. Sensesmiles may be their only remaining settlement, but Queen Masami has summoned every last elf and beast to protect their World Tree. It is now the second-largest city after Baldmaligned, housing nearly half of the world’s flagging elven population. There is only question as to whether this will be enough, considering that Sensesmiles is a mere two days away from Baldmaligned.

It seems as though the Old Horror is finally flexing its might after decades worth of build-up. Across the region, there is a very real worry regarding Ngul’s actions after the demise of the elven civilizations. As such, our worst fears were confirmed last year when the Old Horror began laying siege to Scorchedcrafted, the crown fortress of the Light Galley.

If their attention turns to us next… I fear that we might not be able to survive. Nor will any other dwarven civilization that has the misfortune to be targeted by the Old Horror.

Vortex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 06, 2015, 03:38:39 pm »

Vortex was the our first defence, and he will be remembered.

Well, that sucks.  Find me another military dwarf - I must have my vengeance! :)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #438 on: October 06, 2015, 03:44:41 pm »

we should make a massive army in this fort, go into adventure, recruit it all and kill the gobbos!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 07, 2015, 01:33:25 am »

Volunteering those with the best PC as tribute...

It's the only way we're ever going to infiltrate Baldmaligned without our computers exploding like its 0 FPS.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 07, 2015, 01:34:10 am »

Volunteering those with the best PC as tribute...

It's the only way we're ever going to infiltrate Baldmaligned without our computers exploding like its 0 FPS.
My computer rig is as powerful as my adventuring skills are not.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 07, 2015, 10:13:13 am »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 07, 2015, 12:05:45 pm »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #443 on: October 07, 2015, 12:52:27 pm »

quick! seal a mad dwarf in there!

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 07, 2015, 11:06:15 pm »

"DO NOT TOUCH THIS LEVER. Something really bad will happen if you touch this lever. Like, I know it's in the most public place possible, but just trust me on this, you really shouldn't be pulling that lever. Just don't."  -Oh god, we're going to die to a lever-pulling gremlin aren't we.

In other news, I've updated the journal list with short descriptions of each turn so far. Admittedly they aren't the best atm, so if anybody would like to suggest any better/funnier/weirder descriptions, feel free to!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 08, 2015, 01:44:24 pm »

Here is the save. Writeup tomorrow.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11195

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 08, 2015, 08:30:41 pm »

Gotcha. Gwolfski's turn next, with Taupe in the wings if the turn is skipped.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #447 on: October 09, 2015, 02:54:28 am »

Progress will start on Sunday.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 09, 2015, 06:43:37 am »

No objections anyone? Alright then, Sunday it is.

---

Also Japa, you monster. Look at what you've done.

That lever crashed my computer.
This is the most ridiculously destructive thing I've seen in a succession fort.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 09, 2015, 12:52:55 pm »

"My queen! I have done as you asked! I made the tower, as you say, 'taller'. I hope this pleases you."
"oh dear... Okay, let's go up and see what you've made."   

"... Okay, where is everything?"   
"Where's the new rooms? The spires? the buttresses? The... The... MORE FLOORS!?"
    "You didn't ask for any of that. You told me to make the tower higher off the ground. And I did that. Anyway, I did add an extra floor up here."
"...Is this ice?"   
    "Let's go downstairs."

"Behold! by lowering the ground beneath the tower, I have thus, effectively, made the tower higher above the ground! :D"
"..."   
    ":D"
"..."   
"..."   
"That can't be the only thing you did."   
    "I also made a pool!"
    "With a diving board..."
    "...And an umbrella..."
    "...And ART!"
"Riiiiiight... You do realize that putting it under the tower doesn't make it any different from those other towere, don't you?"   
    "I don't know what you mean."
"Nevermind that. What's this hole?"   
    "Oh, that. Some of our miners stumbled on some older plans for a pump system, and started digging, and broke the bottom of the aquifer before I could stop them.
I dug that to freeze the water before it could flood the mines."
"At least you have some sort of sense."   
    "I also made a few wells in our dining room, now that we have some mostly fresh water down here."
"That will make people happy. You're doing pretty well, actually. I'm impressed."   
    "Oh, I noticed that you have a self-destruct lever that wasn't working right because we had some external support on the tower, so I took care of that."
"WHAT?!?!?!"   
"You're fired."   
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:41:43 am by Japa »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 66