- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259553 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #480 on: October 25, 2015, 09:46:31 am »

end of 21 weeks monday evening
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 26, 2015, 02:46:25 am »

I really hope there's a real report coming because "there's a siege. It was big." isn't really conducive to the whole "community game" thing.
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #482 on: October 26, 2015, 05:32:11 am »

its monday. this post will be replaced by a report in about 10 hrs

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #483 on: October 26, 2015, 05:37:32 pm »

Journal of Gwolfski, bookkeeper (well sorta)

Aah! the lack of coal is annoying!

Tower construction is ... well, slow. Mostly because of unwanted visitors. I have, however, deactivated the self destruct lever. it now serves no purpose. I have also made the pool nicer. The dead bodies are gone and there is a ice floor and some statues.

A brush titan came. It was promptly captured, to become an inhibiant of our new soon to be zoo.

When the elves came to trade, they were sadly crusshd when a section of the cavern fell on them. *whistle*

Then the goblins came, this time to trade death. well, they got it cheap. Poor Inod died, while the rest were slaughtered.

One of our residents is quite unhappy. I must remember to build him  a nice prison house.

Also, the stairs are dangerous. I am placing hatches and the new tower shall use a circular ramp for safety. and fps, cos it actually helps.

*ill have the save up tomorrow, when i get my lovely Ethernet back instead of WiFi*

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:39:22 pm by Gwolfski »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 26, 2015, 09:57:02 pm »

Tower construction is ... well, slow. Mostly because of unwanted visitors. I have, however, deactivated the self destruct lever. it now serves no purpose. I have also made the pool nicer. The dead bodies are gone and there is a ice floor and some statues.
I feel quite conflicted about this. On the one hand, it was a Boatmurdered-esque FUCK THE TOWER machinery with the capacity to entirely ruin this succession fort (or at least prompt a savescum). On the other hand, that's totally awesome. Personally, I would've just walled the lever off -- but if any future overseer wishes to reconnect the device, that's fine by me.

A brush titan came. It was promptly captured, to become an inhibiant of our new soon to be zoo.
Yep. Gotta save those caged inhabitants for Immortal-D's second coming.

When the elves came to trade, they were sadly crusshd when a section of the cavern fell on them. *whistle*

Then the goblins came, this time to trade death. well, they got it cheap. Poor Inod died, while the rest were slaughtered.
Well, they knew they were trading with a questionably stable, under-construction, 20z high tower. Clearly, lots of things falling round here.
How big was the siege?

*ill have the save up tomorrow, when i get my lovely Ethernet back instead of WiFi*
Ah yes, sweet sweet Ethernet. Looking forward to seeing the good ol' frozen towerscape again. I swear if there's another random building...

Checking in advance, Taupe's next in line. However, I do believe he's busy at Clobbermountains right now -- correct me if I'm wrong, Taupe?

So, RedMageCole then. Unfortunately his forum profile indicates he's been AWOL since August 16... again, please notify me if I'm mistaken and you're here reading this RMC ;).

Which leaves Heretic next. Just checking, you're here right?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:58:49 pm by Bearskie »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 26, 2015, 10:20:16 pm »

I feel quite conflicted about this. On the one hand, it was a Boatmurdered-esque FUCK THE TOWER machinery with the capacity to entirely ruin this succession fort (or at least prompt a savescum). On the other hand, that's totally awesome. Personally, I would've just walled the lever off -- but if any future overseer wishes to reconnect the device, that's fine by me.

This gives me a great idea, which I will attempt to implement once I get another go at the fort. So yeah I'll like to sign up for another turn please.

Also, the stairs are dangerous. I am placing hatches and the new tower shall use a circular ramp for safety. and fps, cos it actually helps.

I never liked using hatches for stairs or ramps, too much potential for accidents.

Has there been any progress at all on the magma pumpstack?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #486 on: October 27, 2015, 03:50:41 am »

progressis slow, but steady. it just that you cnt build them all at once or they collapse. Also need a water reactor or somethink.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #487 on: October 27, 2015, 05:58:53 pm »

ahem. the tower sortoff has holes in it now. Could be serius. Half my new tomb room is full.

3 rooms at top: left is for the poor tantrumming guy. right are for diplomatr person and idk

trade with the humans.. fix holes i towers. finish lookout tower and recover corpse.

save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11234
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:12:28 pm by Gwolfski »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 27, 2015, 06:12:46 pm »

Has the save been passed along?  Sitting at 3&1/2 weeks now, I don't want this to lose momentum.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 28, 2015, 01:18:25 am »

Trying to get hold of Heretic now, since it's likely Taupe & RedMageCole won't be taking their turns. Failing which, it will be endlessblaze. Btw Heretic, I'm giving you 2 days before the save is passed on, so please do respond asap :).

Sorry about the recent lull guys. Thinking everyone's quite busy around this time (myself included). Wishing everyone an early Halloween~! :P

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 28, 2015, 04:46:21 am »

Gwolfski, are you sure this is the right save? It's still only mid-summer through your turn, and half the populace appears to be either floundering or dead in Japa's swimming pool with cave-in dust everywhere.

In other words, what the flying fuck happened here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #491 on: October 28, 2015, 04:53:45 am »

well, i told you there were some accidents, and i didnt have time to finish all of it. ive got a week off, so if you want, i could finish my year. your choice. the pool is safe
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:00:45 am by Gwolfski »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 28, 2015, 05:07:10 am »

And I noticed the dwarves were running around like caffeinated energizer bunnies. At first I suspected fastdwarf, but nope, since it worked on my non-dfhack version of DF. So I checked the dwarf RAWS.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I told you to not mess with the save, but you modded dwarves to have max speed? You can't just go around and mod things in a succession game Gwolfski, this isnt DFfromScratch. Given this, I am seriously considering rendering your turn null and void at the moment.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #493 on: October 28, 2015, 05:11:14 am »

that was not meant to happen. I panicked during the siege and forgot to remove it . im really sorry. really. please dont null it. please.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 28, 2015, 05:58:29 am »

Trying to get hold of Heretic now, since it's likely Taupe & RedMageCole won't be taking their turns. Failing which, it will be endlessblaze. Btw Heretic, I'm giving you 2 days before the save is passed on, so please do respond asap :).

Sorry about the recent lull guys. Thinking everyone's quite busy around this time (myself included). Wishing everyone an early Halloween~! :P
Ok, I'm here...probadly I really busy now and this fact don't make my bad English better, so my reports will be cryptic and short...but i'm sure that turn will be intresting
P.s. I need some time to read pages that i skipped
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 66