- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259583 times)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #510 on: November 01, 2015, 09:17:39 pm »

Cripes, that's a nice walkway.
Now I can't stop imagining Immortal-D as the troll who guards the bridge.

I'm the grumpy old dwarf who lives under the briiiiiidge
I'm the grumpy old dwarf who lives under the briiiiiidge
Who's there?
If you wanna come over
All you have to do is this
All you have to do is thiiiiiiis
Solve my riddle!
Or just pay the toll, ye damn crud.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 01, 2015, 09:25:44 pm »

That is indeed a fancy walkway.  I'm curious why so many Dwarves are using it instead of just going across the hill.  Casa de Pollo has a perfectly staircase in the middle.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 01, 2015, 11:22:08 pm »

But but but... now the bridge is supporting the tower.

If I find time to do another turn, I need to correct this.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 02, 2015, 03:00:40 am »

Clearly, we need to make the self-destruct lever take out Casa de Pallo as well as the main Tower.

Or we could just build a bridge/grate on the walkway I suppose. no fun

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 07, 2015, 06:39:58 am »

Your mandatory 5-day absence poke, Heretic ;). Technically, you have 6 days left.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 07, 2015, 12:19:40 pm »

Your mandatory 5-day absence poke, Heretic ;). Technically, you have 6 days left.
Soorry. It's caused by many reasons: a lot of projects, homeworks, other routine.
But today is my bithday, so i hope i will play DF today in spite of everything.

Report 4.
Heretic works secretly - all fortress execute his mad orders...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 08, 2015, 03:47:01 am »

Happy belated cakeday then :P And damn, does it feel good to see a zero idler count in a fortress of 100+ dwarves.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 10, 2015, 06:33:44 pm »

*poke*

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 10, 2015, 08:21:15 pm »

Happy belated cakeday then :P And damn, does it feel good to see a zero idler count in a fortress of 100+ dwarves.

It shouldn't. 100+ dwarves constantly pathing is one of FPS's closest equivalents to being hit in the face by a *platinum warhammer*.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 12, 2015, 09:57:56 am »

*poke*poke* Heretic. Status update?

We appear to be in a lull at the moment.... so, here's abit of a historical interlude if anyone's interested. Happened sometime in the year 54 (MobRule's turn) but I never had the time to write it down. It concerns the fall of of Scorchedcrafted, which leaves Constructivory as the last unconquered dwarven fortress in this world. Hey, no pressure guys! :P

Pulleysquirted.
Year 54.

Queen Eta Questedsqueezed, sole and undisputed monarch of the Lancers of Justifying, cleared her throat loudly. Noise and chaos in the room dissipated, as attention swayed towards the diminutive figure.

“Alright people. As we all know, Scorchedcrafted, last of the dwarven mountainhomes, has just been taken by elf and goblin coalition forces 10 hours ago,” Eta announced. “The Light Galley are relocating their center of command to Windblush as we speak, which conveniently enough, is next door from us.”

She gazed upon the assorted dwarves occupying the war room. Members of the Lancers High Command, and then some. Each face was gaunt and tired. It was turning out to be one of those days again, and they hadn't had such a day since Tempesttowers fell. Eta felt bushed as well, but she was damned if she was going to show it. Had to keep morale up somehow. She flashed a diplomatic smile, “Now, I know we have had our differences with th-”

“GOBLIN-HUGGERS!” roared Stinhad from the back. Eta glared.

“They are still our kinsmen,” she stated levelly. “The Light Galley is a civilization of dwarves. Nothing will change that, Stinhad. Certainly your opinion wouldn’t.”

She really wanted to believe that. And she really wanted them – the rest of the Lancers – to believe that as well. But even Eta would admit that the Light Galley was far from a normal dwarven civilization. Eccentric, liberal and open-minded. The Light Galley; where the dwarves built like humans, thought like elves, and lived with goblins.

Ah yes. The last one was probably a deal-breaker.

“Listen, they could be demons for all I care; they are our allies nonetheless,” snapped Eta. “The fall of Scorchedcrafted is a tragic happening, but it shows the Galley that it is finally time for them to stop hiding. It’s time for them to get involved in the war effort”. A slight pause. Her voice softened. “And when they do, we will need their support. Because truth be told, gentlemen, we’re not doing well in this war. Just ask Onul.”

Onul, her general-in-command, grumbled resignedly over a tankard of rum. “Expert here. Can confirm, we’re not doing well”. A brief wave of discontent murmuring rippled across the room, before subduing into silence as Eta spoke again.

“We will set forth to Windblush in an hour’s time to meet with the new government of the Light Galley. Our goal is simple – negotiate a joint military alliance between the Lancers of Justifying and the Light Galley. They will want their vengeance against the elves, as we did four years ago. We will give them this vengeance."

She raised a warning finger to her audience. “And I will personally stab a crossbow bolt through the eye of the first person to cause a diplomatic incident.”
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:20:57 pm by Bearskie »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 12, 2015, 10:15:06 am »

Liking these snapshots of happenings from around the world.

At the rate that Overseers are dropping, I'm afraid Constructivory is more likely to fall victim to apathy than incompetence.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 12, 2015, 10:48:58 am »

Being the highly competent Chief Medical Dwarf, we are technically of the Nobility.  As such, we... ahem, I.  Yes, just me, alone.  Normal...  are mandating the following productions, to be completed before our my next rule.

~200 white blocks
~30 each red and yellow blocks
Enough pump components to bring a cavern lake to the surface, with an appropriate power station to match.
Bonus- An opulent room will be awarded to the Overseer who can bring me a modest caldera of magma, and enough pump parts to reach from the caldera to the surface.

This project shall bring death to TowerCat glory to our mighty Constructivory, but the vast setup and material requirements would make completion in a single year impossible.  So I implore any Overseers to begin stockpiling the needed materials as soon as possible.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 14, 2015, 12:12:11 pm »

Windblush.
Year 54.

Windblush was one of the three Relic sites that had been reclaimed under the Treaty of Reunification. It, along with Pulleysquirted and Desertcobalt, served as the hub of diplomacy for the dwarven race. One site for each dwarven civilization. Together, they became collectively known as the Cradle.

Queen Eta wrapped her cloak around herself. It was windy day, as were most days in Windblush. High Command was there too; she could hear their insufferable muttering from the back. A goblin guard stood nearby in vigilance, the sign of the Light Galley a dull mark upon his chainmail. She leaned over to Onul.

“We still don’t know who it is, do we?”

“Huh What-? Oh, no we don’t. Succession’s a little muddy since King Aban Lockaxe never named his successor. Plus, half of the high nobility has either been taken captive at Scorchedcrafted, or they’re dead.”

“Ugh. So we’re in the dark about this, then.”

“Definitely not the usual suspects at least, though there might be reason to suspect that the latest ruler might be local. Windblush. There’s a reasonable amount of influence here as opposed to Floorrises, despite them being more populated," he explained. "Plus, this is the far safer location. You should know.”

Eta nodded. Four years ago, she was one of sixty dwarves who had fled the Pear of Canyons at Spingranite. They had made the solid six months trek through badlands, green and mountains before arriving at Pulleysquirted. The journey was arduous and the site dilapidated, but here, at last, was safety. Surrounded by the tallest of mountains in the Sensitive Towers, the Cradle was highly-defensible, with only one entrance in and out.

Admittedly, it was dangerously close to Baldmaligned – that dark singularity known and feared by all the sentient races. Eta had no doubts that if the Old Horror wanted to wipe them out, they could.

She just hoped that they didn’t. It would be a bloodbath for the ages if they tried.

A tentative cough. Eta looked up into the face of a dwarf decked in official diplomatic regalia. One smile, and even this was tentative, upon which in a high, overly-pleasant voice he announced, “Our Queen will see you now. Do wipe your feet on the carpet before you enter! Thank you!”

Amidst the mass wiping of feet that followed, Onul gave her a wink. “Female, eh? That’s three out of three now. Armok save the Queens”. Eta smirked slightly at his implication, as she turned to give High Command their last warning. They could not afford to mess this chance up.

The room they entered was both high-ceilinged and airy – so different from the defensive warrens the Lancers were accustomed to. A large round table was set in its very centre. Beams of light, piercing through an overhead skylight, illuminated the table as well as the entire room. Around the table sat the dwarves and goblins of the Light Galley.

All eyes were on the Lancer entourage as the herald announced, “Presenting... Queen Putha Bluntedblossomed.”

A green-skinned figure arose from her seat at the table.

“Oh fuck”, swore Eta.

:D

I just love Legends mode.

Heretic, I've gotta tell you it's already been 2 weeks by now. I'm quite willing to extend it if you're close to finishing your turn within the next few days, but if you're still in month 5 or something, I think it's best that you just hand over the save to the next person. Wouldn't be fair for you to sit on the save for too long.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 15, 2015, 03:13:50 am »

Report 5. Now more detailed.
Fath: So today you promised to show me the promotion of the construction of the tower, isn't it?
Heretic: Wath it if you want. Just go on the top and see.
Fath: Ok. I will do it later. But now... I just have to say that i and my nobles have mandates to you:
~200 white blocks
~30 each red and yellow blocks
and also, I order to make...but stop! Do you hear me?
Heretic: Hmm?! My queen has some orders? Ok, I just say to masons that we must have as mutch bloks as it possible.
Fath: Not just blocks, Heretic, 200 WHITE and 30 RED, and also 30 YELLOW. We need blocks of these colors. So you have to make it.
And also, I hear you rebuilt part of the 2nd floor. You know, i forbid it? I'm just warning.
Ok, now we should go to see the new floor of tower.
(On the top)
Fath: It. Is. Not. A. Tower.
IT IS NOT TOWER!!! I DID N'T ORDER THIS!!!!
Heretic: It's more than just tower. It's heart of chaotic beauty. Just calm down yourself and look around.
Fath: My head is spinning... I fell dizzy. I need to go down.

At the same time on the ground:

I would have craft somethink strange in such crazy company...
Lets wait what he will make...
He want to have skeletons and gems... Hehe... I think he inspired by my chaotic art!
I hint to him that the bones look best with diamonds...

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 16, 2015, 04:30:58 am »

Hehe. Constructivory; come for the z-levels, stay for the avant-garde art installations? :P

Btw Heretic, I really need to rush you on this since you're already overdue. Finish up your turn by Friday?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66