- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259588 times)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #525 on: November 19, 2015, 12:39:05 pm »

Ok. I'm ending my turn now.
Seriously,in moment than i take it, i don't know how much work i will have in this period.
I have plans to make some engeenering and minecarts features
Last Report.
I dream that it will be totem with brilliants... or even scepter... but this bastard created only ONE right gauntlet... it's hopeless.
Now I'm ending my floor... And I think it will be end of my unsuccessful reign, because queen not understand Heart of Chaos and not approved this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
P.S. Oops. I forget to finish one of arrows in right down corner... possible onde i finish it...
Save:
https://yadi.sk/d/mPEHLdZfkaTzr

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 20, 2015, 08:34:23 am »

Things happen. I wouldn't worry too much about it; RealLifetm is the #1 killer of succession forts afterall. endlessblaze is up next! Do respond within a reasonable period of time, else the turn naturally succeeds to the long-waiting DDDragoni ;).

Because Heretic only played till the first spring, whoever the next overseer is can either play a regular 1-year period, or play both the remainder of Heretic's turn and the next turn. Presuming, of course, you can do it within the regular time limit. (Seriously, I'll give you a medal if you can)

---

Note. Use the DF Starter Pack to fix the graphic issues in Heretic's original save. Though I did it manually; if anyone wants it, I've uploaded a DFFD mirror for the save.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 20, 2015, 10:56:26 am »

I'm intrested what are you thinking about this art?
I have trying ro make shadows, on the symbol but sure, i did n't it well.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 20, 2015, 11:08:35 am »

I like it. It feels... primal.

Tried to boot up Armok Vision for a screenshot, but realised my dfhack was not up to date.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 22, 2015, 07:40:51 am »

Tried to boot up Armok Vision for a screenshot, but realised my dfhack was not up to date.
I did it for you.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 22, 2015, 10:19:12 am »

Wew. Day/night cycles are really something.

Everyone, I've contacted endlessblaze already - he's alerted me of his intent in taking the next turn :). Haven't seen him yet though... I'll go grab my pokestick.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 22, 2015, 10:22:37 am »

So long as my super important Tower Mandate is completed before my turn, I have no trouble waiting.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 23, 2015, 09:00:58 pm »

....dangit. Interesting turn of events, endlessblaze just cancelled his turn. So, DDDragoni, care to take the reins?

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 24, 2015, 01:25:44 am »

Sure. I have the save and will get started tomorrow.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 28, 2015, 12:56:28 pm »

What is up with that name?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 28, 2015, 02:42:04 pm »

What is up with that name?

The dwarf on the left organises goblin mail-order brides
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 30, 2015, 11:10:31 am »

Say, I wonder if he accepts plump helmet roasts...

DDDragoni? We all having high hopes here. ;)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 30, 2015, 11:11:53 am »

Add me back to the end of the list, please.

I have ideas.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 30, 2015, 01:05:42 pm »

Say, I wonder if he accepts plump helmet roasts...

DDDragoni? We all having high hopes here. ;)

I've gotten a season and a half done; family time over the weekend plus FPS getting a bit low impeded progress, but I'm making more regular progress now. I'm just going to finish Heretic's year, not do an additional one.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 01, 2015, 01:57:39 am »

Journal of DDDragoni Floordrink, Investigator and Overseer of Constructivory

1 Hematite

It’s been five years since I stepped down as Overseer in order to find the goblin traitor that I know is hiding among us, and my investigations have led to nothing but disappointment and dead ends.

Trails go cold after months of work put into following them, leads vanish without a trace, and still the traitor continues their malicious work.

This approach isn’t working. I need to get back on top. I need to be the Overseer again.

Which is exactly why I left a backdoor in my resignation note—if you look closely at the back, it says that I can take the Overseership back at any time. I knew the queen wouldn’t read it—probably just threw in the corner with the rest of the paperwork.

And now’s the best time to take it back—Heretic’s little “art project” hasn’t exactly endeared him to the dwarves, the Queen least of all. No one save Heretic will mind if I take the position back now, and one unhappy dwarf is a small price to pay for safety.

Let the investigation begin.

5 Hematite

There’s a bone carver, Tobul Smithtusk, sitting and staring at the wall in the dining hall. According to some of the other dwarves in there, the stress of being one of the last hopes for dwarvenkind drove her to depression.

I don’t blame her, it can be rough, and not all dwarves can handle the pressure as well as I can. I’m handling it so well, I’m the only one who notices the signs of a traitor among us!

Also, a weaver gathering webs in the cavern was attacked by a Flame Imp. The markdwarves took care of it, but one of them got set briefly on fire. They put him out before it could do any lasting damage.

15 Hematite

If I’m going to find this traitor, I’ll have to pull them out of hiding, which mean’s I’ll have to open up a weak spot in our defenses, giving them a chance to strike. And when they take the bait, I’ll be there to catch them red-handed.

And there’s no better bait than a large-scale construction project—dozens of dwarves milling around, every one focused on their task, with the slightest mistake causing disaster. With that is mind, I’ve given orders to complete the magma pipeline and pump stack.

20 Hematite

Dwarves working on the magma pipeline are complaining about not being able to reach the locations they need to be in in order to finish the pipeline. The traitor’s starting to show their hand—I’m so close!

27 Hematite

Tobul threw a tantrum today. She completely tore up her room, spreading furniture and old clothes everywhere. She’s getting to be a problem…

2 Malachite

Today, Constructivory had an unwelcome visitor.

Spoiler: The Unwelcome Visitor (click to show/hide)

I ordered everyone inside, and sent the militia after it. I expected victory—these dwarves have been training for years to defend the queen, but I didn’t expect this:

Spoiler: What I didn't expect (click to show/hide)

Apparently, ancient creatures from the dawn of time are easily defeated with one bolt, two punches, and a single stab.

The only injury we had was a child who tripped over a minecart on his way back into the fortress.

15 Malachite

The traitor has struck again! Apparently, while working on the pump stack, five dwarves ended up sealed underground with no exit. Luckily, Immortal-D heard them banging on the walls and we were able to get the wall down before any of them starved or died of thirst, but it was a close call.

The traitor must have used the Titan attack as a distraction—did they lure it here, or did they just use their good luck to their advantage?

4 Galena

Tobul threw another tantrum—but instead of doing anything destructive, she just went to sleep.

In much more interesting news, I was walking through the hills, sweeping for clues as to how the traitor attracted the titan to us, when I discovered that one of the cage traps had been backed up—the animal stockpile has been full for months, so no one’s been taking the cages out of the traps.

And in this cage trap, I found something wonderful.

I’ve ordered something special to be built for him—he’s gotta know something about the traitor!

13 Galena

I’ve had no luck getting the Goblin to talk. He just jabbers some kind of jibberish at me whenever I try to get information out of him.

Well, let’s see if a season or two on top of the tower change his mind.

17 Galena

One of the wood burners, Urvad Wallplunge, has been possessed. He’s holed up in a metalsmith’s workshop, and has some experience with weaponsmithing, so whatever he makes should be very useful.

20 Galena

Taupe hasn’t been doing her job as manager—when I asked why she wasn’t delivering work orders, she told me that someone had told her to make rock blocks and not stop.

I told her she was off masonry duty.

Some of the dwarves working on the screw pumps are complaining about objects blocking their work sites, making them unable to complete the jobs. The damn traitor’s trying to delay our work again, and again they managed to do it behind my back!

25 Galena

Urvad’s started on his project, after we got him the raw green glass and extra bones he needed. He also grabbed some galena, red flash opals, crystal opals, and, most importantly, goblin bones and adamantine. This is going to be wonderful!

Also, the shield naming is happening again.

30 Galena

Constructivory is now the home of an
Artifact
ADAMANTINE
warhammer

Dammit! This has to be some kind of sabotage!

Evidence Collected so far:
There is definitely a traitor among us, no dwarf would be so stupid to do all these things without some kind of outside force.

They have some kind of influence over beasts, luring the Titan as a distraction and setting the crundles loose back during my firs investigation, as well as sending the giant toad to attack me.

They are skilled with masonry, skilled enough to send a dwarf through solid stone and to cause incidents such as my fall and the workers trapped in the screw pump.

They also have some kind of power over spirits, as they were able to sabatoge Urvad's posession.

They’re influential enough to manipulate dwarves without them realizing it, and perceptive enough to know I’m watching and how to act behind my back.

I will find this traitor, for the sake of every dwarf in Constructivory!

well, not every dwarf, since one of them is a traitor
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66