- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259561 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #555 on: December 07, 2015, 02:11:22 pm »

Dumbestdorf just declined Murderflood this morning on account of being way too busy to play. It's probably safe to skip to the next player right away.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 07, 2015, 09:10:57 pm »

Yeah, he's pmed me too, no cigar. Pyro is next, but he too might be busy since he was supposed to oversee Breadbowl's next turn. I've sent him a message anyway.

Hey Taupe, do you still want a turn as overseer? I could send you to the front of the queue since you already missed your previous two turns beforehand.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 07, 2015, 09:29:42 pm »

Yeah, he's pmed me too, no cigar. Pyro is next, but he too might be busy since he was supposed to oversee Breadbowl's next turn. I've sent him a message anyway.

Hey Taupe, do you still want a turn as overseer? I could send you to the front of the queue since you already missed your previous two turns beforehand.
I don't even have a computer /:

But thanks for the offer.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 08, 2015, 10:14:51 pm »

No response from Pyro. Given his protracted absence from the forums recently, I'll be ringing up LordBrassroast next.

Edit:

Introducing the 10th overseer of this arse-frozen place....
Huzzah! *Chucks overseer's cap towards LordBrassRoast*

~ ~ µ  @
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:34:17 am by Bearskie »

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 09, 2015, 01:43:40 pm »

I will grab the save tomorrow. Free weekend coming up.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 09, 2015, 02:15:28 pm »

I was afraid of this.  1 Overseer remains until my glorious return, and nobody has made the slightest progress on my Mandate :(

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 09, 2015, 04:27:18 pm »

Journal of DDDragoni Floordrink, Overseer and Investigator of Constructivory

5 Moonstone

If this pump stack is going to work, it’s going to need power, and with no river nearby, that means windmills. Lots of windmills.

As an added bonus, windmills need architects, which means the traitor has to be involved with this project—and that will give me the opening I need to find them!

10 Moonstone

Tobul’s done it again. He attacked a farmer and tore apart Obok's room.

This is the last straw—something needs to be done.

19 Moonstone

I found somebody who wasn’t doing anything, shoved that adamantine Warhammer at him and told him he was part of the guard, and hammerer for good measure. That should make the queen happier, and get Tobul to calm down.

It shouldn’t impact productivity much, there’s only one crimi-

Oh. Apparently the queen has been holding grudges for a while.

24 Moonstone

Taupe tells me that one of carpenters, Iden Craterclasped, has gone secretive and taken over a workshop. That’s not important right now, I need to keep a closer eye on the windmill production.

In fact, that gives me an idea—if everyone in the tower is there working on the windmills and axles, then everyone has a chance to see the traitor at work! We’re sure to find them that way.

16 Opal

Iden finished what she was working on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It’s not important right now. I had Escondida throw it on the main stairway.

Between this, Tobul screaming from her jail cell, and Endok yelling about his spear,

it’s getting hard to concentrate on protecting everybody!

15 Obsidian

They’ve wised up… the power supply got built without a hitch.

37 Windmills, with gear assemblies and axles to connect them all together, ready to be hooked up to the pump stack when that finally gets finished.

At least, that’s what Brassroast tells me—I don’t know the first thing about mechanics.

27 Obsidian

That goblin up top isn’t gonna crack anytime soon. He just keeps babbling “dub” and “xusp” and all sorts of nonsense like that.

Well, if he won’t be any help to us alive, then he’s gonna help us dead. I sent one of the miners, Asmel Focusedbells, to take the floor out beneath him and-

Hang on, there was a noise outside.

Dammit, dammit, dammit!

So, it appears when Asmel collapsed the floor beneath the goblin, either he lost his footing or the goblin grabbed him, because he fell off the tower too.

And I don’t know if it was the cage or Asmel that cushioned his fall, but the goblin doesn’t have a scratch on him!

And that’s not all—the traitor took advantage of the commotion and sabotaged one of the main bridges, taking Uvash Tomeyelled the farmer and Kadol Lustrousmines the child, along with a couple cats down with it! They’re both in the hospital now.

I’ve ordered the goblin thrown from the top of the tower properly this time—no cages, no collapsing floors, just good old-fashioned—

Well, the queen just walked in, and apparently structural collapse on her precious tower is sufficient grounds to fire me. And I don’t have a backdoor clause this time to get back in charge when I need to…

They may have escaped me this time, but even if I’m no longer overseer, I will find the traitor! They have to be here somewhere!

So apparently cave-ins cause dust bursts even at the top level. Whoops.

I was afraid of this.  1 Overseer remains until my glorious return, and nobody has made the slightest progress on my Mandate :(

There's been blocks being made non-stop, but they've been used pretty fast too, and i have no idea if there's any in the colors you want.

Notes for next overseer:

There’s a standing order to pit that goblin off the top of the tower. The milita is also standing nearby in case anything goes wrong.
Might want to get that bridge back up.
Finish the pump stack! I don’t know if the windmill will provide enough power for the whole thing, but if you need more power it should be simple to get more set up, you just need to build more floors to put them on.
I didn’t know about the airlock for Sanju until after I was done playing, so if you want to remove the hammerer go ahead.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 09, 2015, 10:45:42 pm »

Man, tantrums are getting real bad. I just booted up the save and already a bone carver caved someone's skull in. Brassroast has one hell of a job if he wants to keep the tower held together.

Besides, there's like no possible way this can go any wrong.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 09, 2015, 11:01:29 pm »

Man, tantrums are getting real bad. I just booted up the save and already a bone carver caved someone's skull in. Brassroast has one hell of a job if he wants to keep the tower held together.

Besides, there's like no possible way this can go any wrong.

I ran the save for a bit after I uploaded it, and either I missed it or Tobul didn't cave any heads in. Here's what happened with he goblin in my brief glance into the future:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:28:42 pm by DDDragoni »
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 09, 2015, 11:05:39 pm »

Husssshhh.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 09, 2015, 11:14:35 pm »

Constructivory - where questionable decision making happens.

If this pump stack is going to work, it’s going to need power, and with no river nearby, that means windmills. Lots of windmills.

We have a river. Its just underground and called an aquifer instead. I even made the necessary contingency plans during my turn to convert it into a water reactor later on. Though I'm not at all surprised nobody picked up on that :-\

I just hope no one has dismantled the levers controlling the floodgates, cause it looks increasingly likely that I will have to be the one to get the pumpstack done during my upcoming turn.

How many more pumps do we need to construct? Are we even halfway there yet?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:16:08 pm by Zuglarkun »

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 09, 2015, 11:31:58 pm »

Constructivory - where questionable decision making happens.

We have a river. Its just underground and called an aquifer instead. I even made the necessary contingency plans during my turn to convert it into a water reactor later on. Though I'm not at all surprised nobody picked up on that :-\

I just hope no one has dismantled the levers controlling the floodgates, cause it looks increasingly likely that I will have to be the one to get the pumpstack done during my upcoming turn.

How many more pumps do we need to construct? Are we even halfway there yet?

I never noticed your aquifer project, sorry!

From where we are now, we need exactly 100 more pumps to be constructed. I wasn't able to finish it because of the upper pumps falling apart if built before the lower ones. It took me 2 seasons to figure out what the problem was.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 12, 2015, 10:15:53 am »

Pumps are a tough proposition, given that our map is already relatively scarce on fuel. We're going to have to delve into the caverns to satisfy our wood-related needs. Also, I've laced myself back onto the end of the turnlist. Looking forward to murdering half the populace again!

And I do hope BrassRoast is *ahem* enjoying his turn...

:D

Important: This is rather embarrassing, but it appears that nobody has dorfed Iliithid as a military dwarf yet. Really sorry about that. Vortex also needs redorfing as military as well.

Also, apparently nomoetoe is dead.

Happened sometime during Japa's megaproject. Sorry nomoetoe. Like I said, we have an excellent survival rate around here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:20:25 pm by Bearskie »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 13, 2015, 09:21:52 am »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile