- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259593 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #645 on: February 01, 2016, 07:19:23 pm »

Oh, those are wonderful :)  I know everyone is super-anxious to get an update, and my time limit draws near.  I just need a few more days, promise.  While you wait, here are a couple options you can vote upon as to the future of Constructivory;

-A grandiose Pollo, such as to pierce the heavens and spite the beard of Armok himself.

-Once there was an Armok-forsaken Tower.  It was so awful that everyone died.  The end.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 01, 2016, 07:31:34 pm »

Oh, those are wonderful :)  I know everyone is super-anxious to get an update, and my time limit draws near.  I just need a few more days, promise.  While you wait, here are a couple options you can vote upon as to the future of Constructivory;

-A grandiose Pollo, such as to pierce the heavens and spite the beard of Armok himself.

-Once there was an Armok-forsaken Tower.  It was so awful that everyone died.  The end.

Is there an option that doesn't obliterate the fortress or ticks off the all-powerful god of Dwarf Fortress? I really am looking forward to my first succession game.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 02, 2016, 02:30:55 am »

Aye, this be desperate times indeed. It says something when the Queen is willing to elect a complete stranger from the opposing dwarven civilization to become head of the Tower. :P

Then again, we've had pleeeennty more questionable appointments in the past *cough* present.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 02, 2016, 03:35:34 pm »

Aye, this be desperate times indeed. It says something when the Queen is willing to elect a complete stranger from the opposing dwarven civilization to become head of the Tower. :P

Then again, we've had pleeeennty more questionable appointments in the past *cough* present.

It's nice to know that you deem me, a COMPLETE noob, a better overseer than other overseers who have had there worth tested. As I stated above, this is my FIRST succession fort. Even in my personal games, my forts don't last past one to three years. I have only just  learned how to do military stuff properly. I still have problems with FARMING... freakin Farming! You have my word, I will not purposely screw over the fort... though I won't blame you for reverting the save after my turn :P

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 02, 2016, 07:10:20 pm »

Is there an option that doesn't obliterate the fortress or ticks off the all-powerful god of Dwarf Fortress? I really am looking forward to my first succession game.
Bwahahah.  Can someone join the Memorable Quotes section before actually playing?  Because I think TheImmortalRyukan just did.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 02, 2016, 07:15:08 pm »

Q: I'm a noob who doesn't know how to make towers!
A: You're hired.

It's nice to know that you deem me, a COMPLETE noob, a better overseer than other overseers who have had there worth tested. As I stated above, this is my FIRST succession fort.

Complete noob?
Check.
First succession fort?
Check.
Doesn't know anything about building towers?
Check.
Looks like you meet all the basic requirements.

Welcome aboard Head-Librarian and future overseer Ryukan!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 02, 2016, 09:08:20 pm »

Q: I'm a noob who doesn't know how to make towers!
A: You're hired.

It's nice to know that you deem me, a COMPLETE noob, a better overseer than other overseers who have had there worth tested. As I stated above, this is my FIRST succession fort.
-

Complete noob?
Check.
First succession fort?
Check.
Doesn't know anything about building towers?
Check.
Looks like you meet all the basic requirements.

Welcome aboard Head-Librarian and future overseer Ryukan!

I think I know why so many community forts fall before 20 years...

Dude #1- I've played Dwarf Fortress for 10 years and have mastered the game and I build impenetrable fortresses and have conquered Hell 12 times!

Moderator- Bah

Dude #2- I've NEVER played Dwarf Fortress and don't even know the controls.

Moderator- PERFECT! Welcome aboard!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:10:19 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 02, 2016, 09:57:29 pm »

Dude #1- I've played Dwarf Fortress for 10 years and have mastered the game and I build impenetrable fortresses and have conquered Hell 12 times!

Moderator- Bah

I've actually seen an astonishingly low number of community forts actually fall. Most die due to lack of interest or FPS death, or both. Even if an actual first-timer came along, there'd probably be enough infrastructure in place from previous Overseers to both teach them and keep everything from exploding.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 02, 2016, 10:11:59 pm »

Moderator- Bah

I've actually seen an astonishingly low number of community forts actually fall. Most die due to lack of interest or FPS death, or both. Even if an actual first-timer came along, there'd probably be enough infrastructure in place from previous Overseers to both teach them and keep everything from exploding.

You're the expert, I was trying to make a funny... and failed apparently. Oh well. On my turn what should I do?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 02, 2016, 11:07:54 pm »

Make the tower more impressive, build us another spirit animal, do whatever you want. Because even if you spill the magma stack, even if you detonate the Casa, even if you drown everyone in the swimming pool, even if the Mark of Chaos comes crashing down through the entire tower...

...Sanju will live.

As long as you don't pull the fricken doomsday lever (which Japa is going to re-link in his turn I swear).

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 04, 2016, 09:20:22 am »

Took Armok Vision for a whirl today.
Aaaand then I came up with this.

Hey you! Yes, YOU!

Tired of your life being a meaningless existence of plump helmet and dwarf beer?
Terrified of the goblin and elven menace sweeping across the land?
Think its time for a new experience?
A new home?

Well then, what are you waiting for? Make your way south through the Taupe Desert, and set your eyes upon:

// Constructivory \\
~ Tower-home of the Stake of Healers

Constructivory!
Where the booze flows free,
Where the meat comes a-plenty,
And in various different flavors too.

Constructivory!
Where the warriors are brave,
Their ranks fearsome and unshaved,

Constructivory!
Where her Majesty is always wise,
And the overseers tend to give you a solid surprise,
Sometimes from the bottom of a well.

O' Constructivory...
Behold!

Spoiler: Public swimming pools! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casa de Pollo! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Internal heating! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cats! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lodgings! (click to show/hide)

*dun dun*
*spooky music plays*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apply for citizenship today!

Pamphlet prepared by Inod Armorislands, Engraver of Constructivory, at the behest of her Majesty Queen Fath Splashcrafted.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:28:57 am by Bearskie »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 04, 2016, 12:08:35 pm »

Events of Sandstone 15, 59
The Head Librarian put the pamphlet down and looked to the heavens.
"Oi oi oi" said Ryukan. He had, at first, only his imagination to tell him what the tower looked like, now he had actual drawings (amazingly well done drawings at that) to tell him. He was lost for words. This place was a hodgepodge of... well anything thinkable; cats, smiles, suicides, ninja stars, giant monuments to vanity, EVERYTHING. He would have his work cut out for hi... wait. Why is there no place of worship! This is outrageous! He would have to rectify that when he was handed the mantle. Any fortress worth its weight has at least a shrine, but according to the schematics the Queen had sent, there was not even a HOLE dedicated to Armok.
"When I get there, I will build a Cathedral that the world (or the hypothetical multiverse :P) has & will ever see atop this tower!"

---

I have what I'm going to do my turn. A Cathedral to Armok (with appropriate space for books of course). A testament to our resolve and strength.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 04, 2016, 08:04:37 pm »

Woops, reminder to all overseers. We're using 40.24.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 05, 2016, 11:42:01 am »

Woops, reminder to all overseers. We're using 40.24.

Ah, ok. I'll just build a huge Cathedral and set my avatar's profession as "High Priest"

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 06, 2016, 12:59:21 pm »

Aight folks, this is my last day.  The past 3 days, I didn't get home from work until super late, just burned out.  As I type this; the time is noon, I am full of sammich and rum, and I'm feeling good.  I can't promise my turn will be worth the wait, but I'm making a go of it none the less.

Edit: Apparently, the water here is frozen year-round.  Really wish I'd known that sooner :(  Well, I can probably substitute magma, though it'll take some doing (and possibly transform the Fortress into a blazing hellscape)

Edit 2: I have reached the start of Winter.  I am attempting to utilize the massive windmill farm used to power the magma pumps, but can't for the life of me figure how to transfer power vertically without a ramp.  Any suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:52:10 pm by Immortal-D »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 66