- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259581 times)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #675 on: February 07, 2016, 10:46:49 pm »

You could always just focus on what you are good at. No need to touch the machinery if you don't want to. ;)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 08, 2016, 09:55:22 am »

Oh god.

What the hell.

I'm wondering if I should post pictures, or wait for the writeup.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 08, 2016, 10:21:32 am »

Ohhhh that's sneaky Bearskie, giving out hints already in the thread title.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 08, 2016, 10:35:55 am »

Oh god.

What the hell.

I'm wondering if I should post pictures, or wait for the writeup.
I'm doing it now.  Got burned out, then picked up the bug I was helping dad get through.  I'm actually working from home today, which I how I'm able to post here at a non-stupid hour.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 08, 2016, 11:18:45 am »

Ohhhh that's sneaky Bearskie, giving out hints already in the thread title.

I dunno what the bwak you're talking about.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 08, 2016, 11:38:05 am »

15 Granite
Oh yes boyos :)  I'm bacccckkkkk.

ahem?

Sorry, we're back.  *grumble*

21 Granite
First things first, I am pleased to see that our defense of Pollo remains strong.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Freaking Boars.  I mean they really know how to party, but still.  Hmm, maybe if the current residents of Casa de Pollo had some company...  Something to consider later.

10 Slate
Hippies are here early.  No doubt their dark magic trickery has caught word of our return, and they seek to spy on
SILENCE YOU FOOL!

...he is watching us.  Always watching

25 Hematite
Curses!  Curses and damned all.  Summer is well underway, and yet this miserable valley remains frozen solid.  Our only consolation is that we are apparently not the only ones unaware of the odd climate.

8 Malachite
The base has been completed, and I think Dwarves are starting to get suspicious.  An ominous sign was reported today; an assortment of bloody pools appeared mysteriously.  I don't think it's any coincidence that he is looking on silently in the background... always mocking us.

12 Limestone
Time has passed quickly here, if uneventfully, for which we are thankful.  There was a minor disturbance North of our perimeter, but the "faithful" military remain unable to shirk their duties, despite any misgivings which they obviously harbor towards us.

5 Sandstone
The Dwarven caravan has arrived, but we have no time for such trivialities.  Indeed, even the Liason never disturbed us throughout their stay.  The Grand Mason's Army grows stronger.  Unfortunately, I was forced to draft the help of several prominent individuals with stone-working skill, including Uber Pye & Chaotic Skies.  The massive power requirements means I was even forced to consort with those filthy hippies the Dwarves called 'Carpenters', with Escondida and DDDragoni being the most prominent.  Even Taupe the Manager has finally made himself useful.

16 Sandstone
Three of the new windmills are inert, completely blocked by the valley.  This is the bane of our existence;

10 Moonstone
Just as winter sets in, we received word that all power supplies are operational.  The result was admittedly.. much faster than we had anticipated.

That trench was empty ~5 seconds ago.

Thankfully, the flooding was minor, and easily avoided.

Or so we thought....

18 Moonstone
Tis a strange feeling, this... remorse?
Nonsense, it is for the greater good.  He must be stopped, no matter the cost.
I know, but surely we can at least show our cause to the others.
Hmmm...

29 Moonstone
We haves but a month left!!  We must hurry!!

14 Opal
It's done... finally, he can't mock us anymore.  The false god Tower Cat has been laid low.  Eat magma Tower Cat!!
When night falls, the gentle *pat pat* of dripping fire illuminates the false god's humiliation

TREMBLE MORTALS, FOR THE TRUE TOWER IS UPON YOU!  CASA DEL LOS DIABLOS QUESADILLA DE POLLO

12 Obsidian
It is done.  Perhaps now, we can finally have peace.  I know my private dancers are always there to cheer me up.
We feel bad about whatshisface, but that too shall pass.  We are tired.  Yet, we wish to ensure there is no question about our commitment to the Tower.  All of Dwarf-kind shall know our true feelings.
See you in Hell, Constructivory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And thus ends my reign, probably for good.  I do feel bad about NoMoeToes, I thought I had burrowed everyone away from the trench :(  I noticed that none of our fallen Dorfs had a proper memorial built.  So now there is a Memorial Hall with slabs for all named Dorfs at the base of Pollo MKII.  All of the pumps are inactive, so future Overseers won't have to worry about it unless they too wish to experience the joy of crapping magma on Tower Cat.

Pollo MKII isn't my most elegant creation, but considering it was done in ~10 months, I'm quite pleased.  There are numerous 1-tile bridges across the trench, which should prevent any fatal collisions.  Lastly, I used all of our gold in that last picture, but put a smelting job on repeat before I left.  Good luck Japa!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:46:01 pm by Immortal-D »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 08, 2016, 01:14:16 pm »

OMG. can't. breathe. must. stop. laughing.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 08, 2016, 08:49:06 pm »

... What the hell? You dedicated the ENTIRE socioeconomic structure of the fortress to crapping on the kitten tower? Well.. the tower still stands... I guess that's a good point on your behalf.

On another note, I plan on building my "project" in my name and image. Cathedralis Sancti in Eius supremo Ryukan , in Nani et Sopher principem sacerdotum scientia  (The Cathedral of His Most Supreme Holiness Ryukan, Head Scribe of the Dwarves and High Priest of Knowledge)

EDIT:
And I'll put 2,000 dorfbucks on a death toll of exactly 7 during your turn, one of whom is named.

The betting pool is up to 2,000 dorfbucks.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 08:56:50 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 08, 2016, 11:12:46 pm »

Future overseers will look back upon this point and identify it as when this fort went from 'questionably mismanaged' to 'full-on loco'.

I do hope that cathedral is planned in the main tower Ryukan. The Queen demands MOAR Z's.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 09, 2016, 08:30:47 am »

... What the hell? You dedicated the ENTIRE socioeconomic structure of the fortress to crapping on the kitten tower?
Well it sounds weird when you put it like that.  It's not even finished; the more astute amongst you may have noticed that the top of its' head is missing, as are the wings.  I just didn't have enough time.  But so help me Armok, that is a fluffy chicken, and if anyone says otherwise I will lose all respect for Bearskie and punch him.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 09, 2016, 09:18:03 am »

Ow.

That is indeed a very fluffy chicken.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 09, 2016, 09:50:48 am »

Ow.

That is indeed a very fluffy chicken.
Yeah, that's what I thought :P  I am also a huge fan of Futurama, if you couldn't tell.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVejweBfLc0

Edit: As an aside, I'm surprised nobody has called me on the name yet.  Or translated it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:54:28 am by Immortal-D »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 09, 2016, 11:42:07 am »

Future overseers will look back upon this point and identify it as when this fort went from 'questionably mismanaged' to 'full-on loco'.

I do hope that cathedral is planned in the main tower Ryukan. The Queen demands MOAR Z's.
Meglomania is a beautiful thing is it not?

The Cathedral will be on the tower. The Cathedral will be a beautiful crown upon the head of this tower and will be a testament to the sovereignty of House Whitegold, keepers of knowledge.

Edit: As an aside, I'm surprised nobody has called me on the name yet.  Or translated it.

HOUSE DEVILS chicken quesadilla... Google hath spoken.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:46:51 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 09, 2016, 06:22:14 pm »

Or, if you use a different meaning of the word diablos, you get House of the Spicy Chicken Quesadilla
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 09, 2016, 06:51:33 pm »

Close.  I was going for 'House of the chicken quesadilla devils'.  Just sounds fun rolling off the tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 66