- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259607 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #765 on: March 10, 2016, 11:29:34 pm »

Sure, Lord Brassroast is in poor condition, but given the initial state we found him in...

It's still a great improvement, I'd say.

Props to Immortal-D, there are very few people that can reconstruct a dwarf from nothing but copper and blood. That must have been one hell of a fall.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 11, 2016, 09:22:36 pm »

If there’s one thing, I really regretted not taking enough pictures this time around. Worst mistake I made as I tried to rush through the playthrough. I then tried to compensate by using alot of old images and writing much more detailed updates than I am used to... while it was an interesting challenge, I probably won’t be doing it again in the future.

Protip to self: In succession games, there is no such thing as too many pictures.

Some addendum from the last month of Obsidian, in my own words.

Brassroast - you just fell 14-z’s. That's pretty damn high. It's practically the highest fall I've ever seen a dwarf survive from. Your bleeding is painting the floor red, every part of your body is either bandaged or cast, you can’t grasp, you can’t stand, and you still insist on dragging yourself out of bed and crawling all the way to grab a bite.

Dorfs, man.

And then in a kind of touching moment he visits the new, non-lethal, sparkling-clean swimming pool. After all the effort spent on refurbishing it, there is no one else there. All are too busy working. He just sits there, watching the pool glimmer in the light. It is a beautiful moment.

The pool was a mistake imho. It was a complete and utter time sink; I'm convinced that it took almost as much effort as the bell itself. I probably wouldn't have done it if I had known, but my OCD tendencies really got the better of me there. That, and my dorfy half was screaming "YOU MUST USE MAGMA!". For what its worth, it looks really nice now (and no longer drowns people).

I didn’t manage to 100% finish the copper bell, but all the designations were in place when I passed the save over to Japa. With that in mind, these screenshots are of the finished product itself.

Amusingly, I had a look at legends mode, and it appears that a hydra has been stalking our tower. Sneaky things they are, going around destroying trousers and bridges...

The first floor has a bunch of golden kilns and glass furnaces you might have noticed. They're like little stupas used to queue collect sand/clay jobs without clogging up the actual magma kiln/glass furnaces upstairs.

Here’s a view of the new trade depot level. It’s kind of fancy, with gold statues and a golden road and a not-so-fancy copper depot below an ice ceiling. Don’t ask me how the dwarves won’t slip to their deaths on the glass ramp.

Aaandd…. here’s the game telling me to go play some FTL. Sorry folks. That’s it for my turn then. Japa, looking forward to your update.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:14:21 pm by Bearskie »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 15, 2016, 12:04:15 pm »

O' King and Lord Japa, are you done yet inflicting whatever strange devices and constructs upon our humble tower?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 15, 2016, 12:32:10 pm »

RL issues keep piling up, and I keep not having time to play.

Here is the save, halfway through the year.

We have a working automatic minecart track bringing stone up from the mines to the floor just under the chaos star.

The only deaths were related to a craftsdwarf going berserk after a failed mood, unless I missed the old queen getting run over.

Either way, it was totally a coup.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11858

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 16, 2016, 02:47:50 am »

Kind of a shame, but understood. Thanks for giving it a shot anyway. Contacted chaotic skies, he's got 3 days to reply; Ryukan, you too may begin scheming soon.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 16, 2016, 06:46:19 am »

Maniacal Laughter is heard echoing off the bell and throughout the tower
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 16, 2016, 07:30:02 am »

Maniacal Laughter is heard echoing off the bell and throughout the tower
Oh no!
It's the order of the black arrow, isn't it!
EVERYONE RU-
*a hand appears behind him and covers his mouth. He gets pulled into a room*
MMMMMMMPH
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 16, 2016, 08:03:40 am »

Cathedralis Sancti in Eius supremo Ryukan , in Nani et Sopher principem sacerdotum scientia Shall be built to honor ME!!!

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 16, 2016, 08:07:23 am »

Cathedralis Sancti in Eius supremo Ryukan , in Nani et Sopher principem sacerdotum scientia Shall be built to honor ME!!!
Mph mph m-
*takes off gag on mouth*
Whut?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 16, 2016, 08:12:22 am »

Mph mph m-
*takes off gag on mouth*
Whut?

Page 46 has the awesome translation

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 18, 2016, 05:15:43 am »

3 days radio silence from chaotic skies, so... Ryukan? Be my guest, and build the greatest cathedral this world has ever seen.

PSA - I noticed that you are actually dorfed as Ryukan Gemperplex, a Glassmaker, instead of the Ryukan Wheelpriced, the Trapper/Potter, that I mentioned in my updates. Since it's your turn, you decide which character you want.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 18, 2016, 07:02:14 am »

3 days radio silence from chaotic skies, so... Ryukan? Be my guest, and build the greatest cathedral this world has ever seen.

PSA - I noticed that you are actually dorfed as Ryukan Gemperplex, a Glassmaker, instead of the Ryukan Wheelpriced, the Trapper/Potter, that I mentioned in my updates. Since it's your turn, you decide which character you want.

*grins maniacally*

This is gonna be fun...

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 18, 2016, 08:12:51 pm »

I think you should bump me back a turn.  I'd like to get at least a little distance between my Overseerships :-[

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 19, 2016, 09:40:46 am »

*Boink*

Consider it done :).

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 19, 2016, 10:07:34 am »

... ... ...

Can I dig through the Adamantine Pretty Please!

Its staring at me... Its speaking to me... It wants me... Its telling me to pick up a pick... My feet are listening... I hear those pretty voices... Sweet and Lovely... Must. Not. Listen.

... Too late, can I revert the save...

JK, I just loaded the save, I'm starting the process of adding a floor right above the Bell. After that I'll Build the Cathedrals Walls out of Marble... maybe 5-Zs high. With Glass Windows, and a dome. Ok, well, I dorfed me as the local Swordmaster.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:19:01 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 66