- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259614 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #780 on: March 19, 2016, 01:11:58 pm »

For the entire day, a portal of liquid soap appeared and dissapeared several times in the skies above constructivory. It fully dissapeared around dinner time, with no - one around to notice it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 19, 2016, 01:45:52 pm »

For the entire day, a portal of liquid soap appeared and dissapeared several times in the skies above constructivory. It fully dissapeared around dinner time, with no - one around to notice it.
Imic, just because Breadbowl said no to your Doomforests crossover plan (which only seemed to receive middling support in the Doomforests thread, if I might add) doesn't mean the proper course of action is to not ask at all in the next thread.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 19, 2016, 02:00:26 pm »

Imic, just because Breadbowl said no to your Doomforests crossover plan (which only seemed to receive middling support in the Doomforests thread, if I might add) doesn't mean the proper course of action is to not ask at all in the next thread.

As long as he doesn't try to force us to help him, I say to let him run with it. I'm not saying that he should force those playing to conform to his plan, but his idea intrigues me...

Oh and for some reason half the population decided to attend a party, leaving only the nobles the only ones building the cathedral...

I may be just a measly commoner, but this seems to be a reversal of roles...
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 19, 2016, 02:11:41 pm »

As long as he doesn't try to force us to help him, I say to let him run with it. I'm not saying that he should force those playing to conform to his plan, but his idea intrigues me...

The idea is interesting, I'm just worried trying to tie the vastly different forts together is going to lead to over-complication of both stories. Doomforests is great, but it's style of storytelling and Constructivory's don't really mesh.

Oh and for some reason half the population decided to attend a party, leaving only the nobles the only ones building the cathedral...

I may be just a measly commoner, but this seems to be a reversal of roles...

...sound the alarm. The end times are upon us.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 19, 2016, 02:14:44 pm »

oooh, "Autum has come"... I forgot that Japa stopped his turn after his coup...

Do I finish his then do mine... or what?

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 19, 2016, 02:22:27 pm »

Speaking of that coup, do we know the details behind the old Queen's death?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 19, 2016, 02:42:19 pm »

Speaking of that coup, do we know the details behind the old Queen's death?

Events of 4th Limestone 61

"It was a success sir." reports a robed figure in black.

"Good, now install Japa as King as per the deal. With the Monarchy under the Order's control, we should be free to pursue our goals. On the outside it will be a great Cathedral dedicated to an insane man, but on the inside it will house our device and the temple to our goddess Savot Matchtwinkling." Replies a black robed figure with a gold pendant around his neck.

"That queen of ours was getting ridiculously close to our secret. We have already lost a good agent. Remember Luna?"

The Gold Pendant figure receives two nods.

"Well, her death wasn't an accident. Actually I'm kinda surprised the commoners bought our story of her "fall", even though any dumb butt could have seen that falling through a wall is a bit on the impossible side." The Gold pendant figure said.

"Hows progress on the Cathedral?"

"The Front Wall is complete, we used Gold instead of Marble for the building of it, because we had 2500+ Gold bars and only 300+ Marble blocks... we are also using Silver for the Cathedrals floor... and we've discovered that another of our agents died right before Japa ascended. Apparently right before Bearskie's rule was over she found our spy and left his remains in the tower in hopes that the spy's body wouldn't be found until we were defeated, HAH, such foolish hope."

"Who was the spy?"

"It was Sibrek sir."

"Ah, he was a good soldier, but his death will be avenged before long. To the Tower to help finish the Cathedral. And, BTW, how is our "party" going?"

"Good, the commoners are oblivious to our plans, while they are high on Shrooms, our "nobles" are building the interior of the Cathedral... a good plan sir"

"Thank you, now, on your way"

The three figures left the room as the noises of the "party" in question echoed below.

The Spy's body
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:29:42 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 19, 2016, 02:56:04 pm »

i didn't mean that there would be a crossover, there was just a bunch of people looking at different timelines. hardly a prelude to war?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 19, 2016, 03:15:53 pm »

Ha lol

I just found this beauty in the bins...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 20, 2016, 02:43:39 am »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 20, 2016, 03:56:09 am »

Fluffykins had been hard at work trying to manipulate the balance of power just right.

She just needed to create the right opening, so that she might emerge from the mess of toppling the foundations of despotic and constitutional power as the rightful and more importantly, sole candidate for the abdication of the crown.

In an amazing stroke of luck, the Queen, Fath herself had contracted one of those strange moods that would every so often seize a dwarf and drive it to perform insane feats of dwarven ingenuity.

"This was it! Here's the chance!" She thought to herself as she playfully nipped at a ball of string.

Carefully she set the wheels in motion.

Through her observation, she knew how things would go down. First the dwarf would barricade itself in a workshop of sorts, then it would try to gather the materials it needed to perform its feats of dwarven ingenuity. But here's the catch, if it lacked the specific material it needed, it would be helpless and only try to communicate its plight by the most cryptic means of communication.

The plan would be to find out the materials the queen needed, deprive it off them, and stall for as long as possible so that no one would find out and neglect to get the old git what it wanted so badly. They would attempt to fulfill Armok's call and fail miserably. Most ingenious a plan! There would be no way to trace the malfunctioning back to her either!

For what happens after the failure to answer the call of Armok? Why the dwarf most deprived would be subject to a beautiful beautiful bout of insanity of course. An insanity that would drive them to take their own lives or strike out at others in an effort to take their lives.

It had all worked without a hitch, and soon the unknowing instrument of her design would come along and strike out the offending Queen in one smooth stroke of her adamantine axe. Oh yes! Here comes that belligerent Ship. Cat. With that masterstroke, she would stain the hand of the Queen's executioner and strike her reputation down the drain! Whooooosh! Strike off another competitor to her crown! Two mice with one cheese! How lovely!

Alas, things do not always go to plan.

It had all worked up to that point, poor poor dutiful Shipcat, doing what is necessary for the good of the fortress yet stricken miserable by her hand that was forced to commit a deed she dreaded. Yet, it was not her head that the crown came to rest upon. No. It was another miserable dwarf instead.

Japa!

Oh how she hated the fiend!

Alas another plan foiled and all her hard work wasted!

But... like any mastermind she had other schemes laying in store, other pawns to move. Yes, in time. All will be revealed in time.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:58:21 am by Zuglarkun »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 20, 2016, 05:39:53 am »

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 21, 2016, 07:49:47 am »

Journal of Tholtig 'McBarsky' Pagedinks

The Queen is dead. The Queen is dead. Holy hell. I did not see that coming.

Have we already reverted to mob justice? This tower; it's been in an uproar since the Queen's execution. What a bloody chaos the past few weeks have been. This was no longer about some petty one-year Overseership; this was about who would lead the remaining 350 dwarves of the Stake for the rest of their lives. Some backed Shipcat, some Immortal-D, others Mayor Ducim.

Japa held the people's favor in the end, together with some vague evidence of royal blood. Yes I know it was vague, but hardly anyone cares really. Many many joyful cries of "The Queen is dead, long live the King!" over the past week. He's one of the few candidates who didn't piss anyone off, myself included, and I'm pretty easily pissed. Easily likable and keeps the interest of the common dwarf in mind. Just about your ideal candidate, no?

It still doesn't hide the fact that he's got an uncanny habit of getting into positions of power.

Bearskie’s death meant that someone else had to take the reins of the fort, and in this case it was Japa.  Just a title position, of course, day-to-day running of the fort would still be beyond his abilities.  Someone else would have to handle that.

We're not out of the woods yet though. The tower remains a free-for-all; I can see factions and alliances forming through the cracks in the walls. Former Overseer Paddle is nowhere to be seen, the remaining supporters of Immortal-D have barricaded themselves into the Casa del Pollo, and there's a new religious zealot rising amongst the ranks. When the time comes, I just hope I'm on the right side this time. And by that, I mean the side that's still alive.

@Ryukan: About how long you're allowed to play, I'm just gonna paste what I said to chaotic skies here. Either way suits me as long as you meet the deadline. :)

Japa dropped out halfway through the year, so you can opt to either play one year or one plus the remainder of his turn.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:34:08 am by Bearskie »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 21, 2016, 11:01:18 am »

Journal of Ryukan, Overseer of Constructivory and Lord High Judge of the Stakes of Healing

Well, everything is a mess. Right after Japa overthrew the queen, he just quit the Overseer position and holed himself up with his guards and supporters. After a search party found no trace of Chaotic Skies anywhere, the people of the tower turned to me. I didn't know what to do, the Kingdom was still in a state of disarray after the coup-de-ta that saw the death of Fath. My plans would not be ready for another year and a half, and I was in the middle of a nice mug of strawberry wine when the virtual mob showed up at my door to my room. The sceptre was literally thrust into my hands, and I was told to not only complete Japa'a turn, but also Chaoticskies turn as well... So now I am the ruler of this Hell-hole for a year and a half.

(OOC: After this post, I'll edit it with the pictures guys, so for now it is purely Text, sry)

After a quick overview of the fortress, I quickly Set the nobles to start building the front wall of the Cathedral, with the peasants buy partying down below and high on a special cocktail of mine, they won't notice as the object of their Doom being build over their heads.

As Autumn settles in, I am informed by my friend McBarsky, after she consulted the Law Scrolls, that I am required to serve both Japa's Turn and "Mine". I told her it was alright, it just gave me more time to finish my Cathedral. I told her thanks and watched as she left the office. I silently wondered if McBarsky could be counted among my very small number of allies, or if she was on the long list of those who were against us... I will talk among the others to see if we could initiate here, only if she agrees.

This delicate game I play has many players, all with their own goals. I am no fool, I know that Allies are only good as long as they are useful. I am also aware that I am , by far, not the strongest faction. Any move I make will be watched from the shadows, even as I watch them from the very same shadows. I sense an endgame brewing. Too many pieces are moving now, too many people are moving now.

I hope and pray that the Order manages to survive...

(OOC: HAHAHA LOL, I just noticed this on the Front Page HAHAHA)

Constructivory the Succession Tower
Chapter XIIV: Tales of Cathedrals and Kings

HAHAHAHA LOL SIG
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 11:11:51 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 22, 2016, 01:14:55 am »

Please check to see if I'm dorfed. If not, a random male mason was hit by a flash of lightning and changed their name to imic.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 66