- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 263702 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\ - Anyone want a turn?
« Reply #840 on: April 08, 2016, 04:36:37 pm »

Heck, I'll do you one better - here's the keys to the tower. Enjoy, report often, max two weeks, use DF40.24, don't kill everyone, and build us something awesome.
NOT YET, IM BEING THROWN INTO A FOREST FOR THE WEEKEND!!

So you want me to give this a go this weekend?  I'll be home in 3 hours or so.  Let me know.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 08, 2016, 05:08:46 pm »

I mean, what can top an inverted church where the bell is underneath the chapel?
... An even bigger chicken!!

:D

:)

:-\

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 08, 2016, 06:17:30 pm »

I mean, what can top an inverted church where the bell is underneath the chapel?
... An even bigger chicken!!

:D

:)

:-\

No

I WILL not have a chicken perched over my Cathedral  ready to poop it's lava of doom upon it.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 08, 2016, 08:36:20 pm »

So you want me to give this a go this weekend?  I'll be home in 3 hours or so.  Let me know.

The tower is yours, Master Sanctume. Huzzah, new overseer!

Fps isnt too bad, i got around 15-30 during my turn. Just... avert your eyes from some of the more needling inefficiencies. Definitely the sort of place where you either spend more time micromanaging over playing, or just saying 'Ah  fuck it all - 100 idlers it is."

ROFLMAO!!!
-snip-

Sounds like someone is volunteering to fix up the king's ol' doomsday lever...

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #844 on: April 08, 2016, 10:39:53 pm »

ooh, pretty.  time to start.

Oh, it's one of those dry fortress.  Must be the new temple.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:47:48 pm by Sanctume »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 09, 2016, 09:23:39 am »

During my turn I devoted the entire socioeconomic structure of the tower to building the cathedral, I didn't have time for petty things such as drinks, food, or safety ...

So if you see 8 or so bodi... Splats littering the ground directly below the Cathedral, it wasn't me...

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 09, 2016, 11:35:36 am »

So if you see 8 or so bodi... Splats littering the ground directly below the Cathedral, it wasn't me...
Let's call them ''gravity art projects''

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 09, 2016, 12:31:13 pm »

Chapter 1: Unfortunate Volunteer

It’s the middle of spring and I am craving some mog juice, and will even settle for some tomato wine.  “Hey there, where can a fella get a drink around here?”

Frodo, the axelord Hobbit responds, “Up in level 116.  Aren’t you from around here?”

“Well, yeah, I do be, but ain’t no drink up there.”

Frodo frowns in this news, “You should find the brewers and tell them we’re out.”

It did not take long to locate the three legendary brewers in this place huddled together next to a barrels playing some drinking game.

“Look here fellas, this a serious situation.  The booze is out and there ain’t no mog juice anywhere. Can you hook me up, even just tomato wine?”

“I’m Brewer Atis and I like tomato wine.  It is unfortunate that tomato is not found in our pantry.”

“I am Brewer Dakost and I make the best foxtail millet beer in the lands, your timing is perfect for I have a dozen foxtail millet in hand.”

“I am Tholtig McBarsky at your service, sir, and blackberry wine is my specialty.  Are you perchance the new Overseer to guide us this year?”

“I, ahh, was just thirsty.”

“But sir, you did step up,” said Tholtig.

“Yes you did!” exclaimed Atis and Dakost in unison.

“What’s your name good sir?” Asked Tholtig.

“I am Sanctume Cloutedmirrored.  Why do you...”

Tholtig McBarsky annouces, “hear ye citizens of Constructivory!  Sanctume here volunteered as overseer.  Brewing shall commence!”

Some “huzzah” and some “hurrays” cheers from the nearby dwarves, but for the most part, people just continue about their idle business.

--

I follow trails of what I can describe as morsels on the floor within an endless maze.  I am feeling hungry, and feeling dread of a chase.  I hear a continuous sounds that goes “woo woo woo” and glimpse apparitions trapped inside a center room.  These ghosts began to float out, roaming, moving about, and searching for me!

I woke up drenched in sweat and beer alike.  “That was some wild merriment last night” I thought to myself until I felt pain of a boot on my side.

“Get up!” yelled captain Olon.  She is looking at me in disgust.  “We got hammer training scheduled today.”

“Uh captain, I somehow became overseer, so I’m suppose to look over things, up there.”  I pointed somewhere above.

Olon says, “you fool!  After this is done, you come back to training.  And if we’re being sieged, you best show up in station.  Overseer or not, you belong to The Spattered Oars of Blockading.”

I watched Olon leave me be.  Whatever this thing I got myself in just needs to be done.

--

The drinks I had last night now feels sour in my tummy when I found the record keeper’s office, and see Gwolfski standing there there is a grouchy mood.

I managed to convince Gwolfski to let me peruse his books for the available choices of building blocks.

--

I climb up and scope out an area for my project.  Perhaps here, across this gold wall building up in level 150.

“Oh Armok’s beard shavings! What are these dwarves and elf doing?” I exclaimed to no one in particular.  There are pools of spilled blood.  To bless this cathedral, perhaps?

--

I began my project with plenty of eager idlers willing to do constructions, and hauling blocks.

A few diversions happen along the way to make the rest of spring less routine:

A trapper named Likot is feeling strange and claims a jeweler’s shop.

On the 23rd of Slate, Sanju the king’s consort start going, nuts trapped inside a tower.

Spring ends with a discovery of the weaver Asmel Aranushat found dead from dehydration.  "Sorry you missed the party dude."

« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 02:59:11 pm by Sanctume »

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 09, 2016, 06:41:38 pm »

How the hell did elf blood end up in the cathedral?

And I thought Ryukan said Japa died... How is Sanju still Consort in that case?

Like any true dwarf you gain Overseership through booze.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 09, 2016, 07:46:34 pm »

How the hell did elf blood end up in the cathedral?

And I thought Ryukan said Japa died... How is Sanju still Consort in that case?

And the king isn't dead... he was just chillin in the caverns? IDK, is that normal to have a dwarf go "missing" and then reappear?

As for the elf blood, Sanera was an abducted elf that invaded during Immortal-D's turn, way back in 54 (as per legends mode). She was struck down by Zasit Cloutedmirrored that year. The blood must have been tracking around the fortress for some time now.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 10, 2016, 03:11:38 am »

Graaa... i love ye Sanctume, you and yer regular updates. Drunkenly wandering into overseership is a time-honored succession fort tradition, so you should be fine (hah!). Anyway, Sanera's an eerie case. In any other universe, blood from a priorly murdered elf mysteriously appearing in people's boots and walls would be a suitably disturbing premise for a B-grade horror flick.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 10, 2016, 09:22:31 am »

Chapter 2: Amazing Bling

Oh, hey it is summer!  One better way to keep cool is having tasty drinks, like foxtail millet beer.  Speaking of drinks, somebody forbade the use of 400+ strawberry wine.  Yeah, I’m looking at you G (for grouchy) but since I have access to your books, I made some corrections.

It’s only been three days into the Fine Strawberry Wine Festival that I started when alarm blares into my ear.  “Get up!” Captain Olon is yelling about going to battle stations.

“What for? I’m busy with my amazing project that I must oversee.”

Olon say, “A new burrow has been established, and we report to the ’Defend Track.’

I think, I saw myself dragged half-confused.  I vaguely recall “someone forced the arrival of vileness in the dark.”  The smell though, I remember, like that aftertaste of nasty arse (don’t ask why I know) sitting on your face, comes from the northwest.

It was all a blur, but I was brave as the bards brewers tell it.  There were hundreds of goblins and trolls!  Don’t take my word for it.  That’s what I was told.

---

*thump* *thump* The drums of war beats fast, as if catching up to the rhythm of the soldiers' hearts.
*twang* *plink* Volleys of arrows and bolts are exchanged from the goblin bowmans, and The Crowded Rocks marksdwarves behind fortifications. 

The Morality of Ramparts (Macelords) and The Innocent Towns (Swordmasters) are reserves and guard for Crowded’s position. 

The main defenders are on top of the platform of the likely entry to the towers--just above the minecart ramps.  The Raptors of Copper (Axe Lords), The Patterned Ropes (Spearmasters), and The Splattered Oars of Blockading (Hammerlords) muster. 

“... defend up here and let them come and be ready” Captain Olon was in the middle of relaying order, and I clearly heard “ready.”  “Whatever you do, do not “charge below!
I swear I heard that too, charge below!.  I just followed Frodo, that Hobbit know what’s going down.  And I swear I followed Lorbam and Zefon, not that I lead the charge!

Anyway, I was unconscious after the incident.  I suppose I’ll share the picture words from the Hobbit.

More importantly, did you know Frodo is an h-babe?  Yeah, a halfling-babe right here, and I get to chill with her.

Anyway, the better news was that this interruption was settled within three days time, and the workers on my amazing project continue with great progress.  They just had to get rid of that Dang Troll.

The better news, yeah I’m full of positive news, is that Captain Olon think I was “stupidly lucky.”  Yeah, she digs me.  Women! 

So anyway, I heard I need a crutch, so G hooked me up by forbidding lame wooden crutches and ordered me the “bling.”  I did not mind the three days of agonizing pain that was soothed by massive doses of strawberry coolers wine. 

Did I mention that I rid of the real doc to mess with me?  I got my man, Eshtan the hemp farmer, to supply watch over me in this whole ordeal.  Man, that was a great week of R&R.  Overseer perks are awesome.

Before I checked out of the hospital, my girl Z, Zefon was spewing curse words at me.  “What’s wrong girl?  I’ll miss you too, so just chill here for a bit.  You want me to hook you up with some bling crutch?”

I only catch “you tripped me” or did she means “I be trippin`?”  and “get out of my sight” from Z’s tirade.  I wonder wonder what happened.

--

So at least the triple legendary brewers are glad to see me.  They know what’s up and shared some news.

Sometime yesterday (14th Hematite), a human caravan from Omsospesor has arrived.  The important part of these trade talks is we got brewables such as fox millet and blackberries.  High-fives were given all around despite this heavy-arse platinum crutch I’m lugging around.

My overseeing continues and I can’t wait to share my project, but no peeking allowed!

Ducum Godennoltar has been re-elected as mayor.  You go girl!

And my first ghost haunting comes.  I was hoping to avoid this situation, but Obok Nitigineth, Ghostly Woodcutter, has risen and is haunting, but otherwise harmless.  I tell the workers to ignore Obok.  Think of it as a “feature.”  They did not seem to like it. 

Maybe, they will appreciate me more now that my first ten crundle soap orders are completed according to Manager Taupe--my dwarf-babe, you always got my back. I’ll order more for sure.

The early summer month is concluded with the arrival of two migrants.  “Welcome to the party!  The beer is in the cooler, and the nuts are all over.”

--

Galena is such a hot name for a hot summer month.  Captain Olon is bugging me about hammer practice and I remind her I’m half-done with overseeing.  Do you miss me?  Olon left me alone for the rest of the season.

This chic chaotic skies, I call her cSkies, likes her sword so much she named him Keki.  You lonely girl?

What does it mean when someone goes fey?  You feelin` fey?  Ya in the mood for fey?  Fey sure!  Rimtar Bimathel is taken by a fey mood and claims a mason’s workshop.

Girl, what you been smoking?  That’s some fascinating images.  Want some drink and a tour of my project?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 10, 2016, 04:01:15 pm »

Chapter 3: Art of Kill Steal

I wonder why some people refer to autumn as fall.  This is such a promising season.

Ten days into fall autumn, Doren, our broker, tells me “this is your fault!”

“Don’t blame me, girl. C`mon, clean up duty isn`t my gig.”

She points it out again, “You’re the overseer, so you need to oversee the cleaning up those dead bodies left behind after the siege.”

“No one died on our side.  Those are just gobs and trolls.  Ain`t no thang, girl”

Doren reddens as if blushing, or maybe from anger, “Because you left those corpses, the caravan from Atis Ikal panicked and left before trading.  That’s lost business!”

“Aww.  We missed shipment of dwarven rum?  Did they have mog juice by chance?”

Doren just stopped talking and left muttering, “... fall all the way down...”

--

I guess there is a fall in excitement that the next month, Sandstone is here now.

Three new arrivals seem very excited to join us.  I showed them my project and they began hauling blocks of mica, gabbro, orthoclase, and copper bars.

Reg the spear captain named his shield Neko.  What a wild dude.

On the 25th of Sandstone, my project is complete.

However a touch of ceiling construction may be in order, and perhaps stairs from the west side can be added.

I might as well order placing engraved slabs down, including Obok.  Peace Obok Nitigineth, Ghostly Woodcutter, you are now put to rest.

Spoiler: Month 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Month 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Month 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Month 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Month 5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Done (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inspiration (click to show/hide)

That project done, more coffins, sarcophagi, and slabs can be placed here in the future.

So, what am I to do?  Captain Olon think I have this gig until spring.  I am going to check out the scene down in the caverns.  It sounds like there’s a wild part down there.

On the 7th of Timber, late autumn, Wathana, a giant hippo who farts something nasty out of its mouth shows up in the caverns, and will stay away from us.  Just nope.

Three days later, Shedum, a gassy and salty dude shows up the caverns party.  Shreiks of elk birds sounded like a really wild party going all night long.

Then two days after, Kul, an amber-giant-dude shows up in the cavern spitting webs like party streamers.

Well, winter is coming and you think my own party is slowing down.  I don’t think so.  There’s entertainment all around Constructivory.  Like this bear chasing a wild boar man… so this happened.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 10, 2016, 05:42:54 pm »

Pac-man... Hmm,  that's original.

I like it

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 10, 2016, 05:48:20 pm »

That's actually rather clever :)  Now we just have to seal it off and add a means of dumping combatants in there.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 66