- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259608 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #930 on: July 31, 2017, 12:06:56 pm »

We need a video, cmon.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 31, 2017, 12:33:40 pm »

Game Over.  Insert Coin(s)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 31, 2017, 04:46:12 pm »

It's been a long time since I've seen this fort on my new replies...

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 31, 2017, 09:20:49 pm »

Said video is probably going to be half an hour of waiting for the game to respond, followed by a further three hours as it attempts to simulate a hundred thousand blocks and dust falling onto my CPU. As much as I'd looove for you guys to share my pain, there is a better alternative.

I never thought I'd say this, but the inbuilt DF movie recorder may be perfect for this, as it records on a per-tick basis (as opposed to per-second). I'll then try to convert it later into a gif using milo's CMVtoGIF utility.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 01, 2017, 04:06:33 am »

Dammit, do a last minute dorfing of me.
This will be epic.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 02, 2017, 03:00:28 pm »

Dang, I never thought I'd hear from this fort again. Then I decide to check the forums on a whim after months of absence and Constructivory is back for a last hurrah! Looking forward to seeing what comes of this.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 02, 2017, 03:00:53 pm »

This will be epic.

By the way guys my name is Imiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 02, 2017, 04:37:26 pm »

This will be epic.

By the way guys my name is Imiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Exactly.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 05, 2017, 01:17:39 am »

Been rather busy recently, so the next part might need to wait. Sorry guys. Promise, I'm going to run Constructivory into the ground some time later.

In the meantime, I've been testing the GIF capabilities of the inbuilt movie recorder. Looking good! Here's one last good look at the tower (before everything goes up in flames).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 06, 2017, 06:11:02 am »

Wow.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 06, 2017, 03:19:26 pm »

That pacman ghost maze is ridiculously large.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 14, 2017, 05:42:57 am »

Let me preface this by saying that all you are about to read are events that have actually occured in-game, in one form or another, though certain liberties have been taken in respect to scene arrangements and editing of images. Save scumming has been used, but only in order to get more dramatic shots, re-record scenes from different perspectives, all without affecting the ultimate outcome of the story.

We good? Mmk.

Now get ready for the strangest ending of all time.

The earth rumbled.

Constructivory paused momentarily. Its dwarves looked around – hesitant, unsure of how to act. Tremors sent mugs rattling and barrels rolling across the floor, spilling drink and stubbing toes alike in equal chagrin. Waves rippled across the swimming pool, its surface a rhythmic dance of droplets that encircled the dwarves within. Above them all, the great foundations of Constructivory rocked gently, imperceptible to all but those near the peak.

Vortex could feel it through her boots, but right now she had a more pressing issue at hand.

“Contact... contacts! Sir, they're coming in from all horizons!” she yelled down to her captain, Sanctume, who was perched a few floors below at Ghost Maze. The howling winds at the peak garbled her voice somewhat, but the message was clear. He too was watching the border.

"Get down. Alert Commander. Listed squads next. King and nobles last," Sanctume signalled back rapidly.

He could sense the panic in Vortex’s eyes as she registered the orders. She was still far too green, not at all like her predecessor. He could remember when the tables were turned, when it was Commander Vortex glaring at him, barking out commands as they rallied to face an oncoming invasion. He was green then, armed with only a mace direct from the barracks, as they went out into the wastes to fight for their new home, this madness of a tower.

They were all green once. He saw the current Vortex, feet rooted to the ground and face singing an expression of fear, knowing that it was exactly what he would have done all those years ago, and knew exactly what he had to do right now.

"Squad. Attention. March! Commander. Now!" Sanctume bellowed, and Vortex’s muscles jerked into focus. With a salute she raced down the stairwell, leaving Sanctume alone on the roof of the world.

No time to waste. He aimed his spyglass towards their ranks and began counting.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:13:17 am by Bearskie »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 14, 2017, 09:59:49 am »

Wtf humans?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 14, 2017, 10:11:11 am »

(Edited)
Look again :)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 14, 2017, 11:02:37 am »

I was having some down time when suddenly a great commotion begun. Soon, one of the military came running up to alert me.

"What is it this time? More goblins? Crundles?"

"Uh no commander, but I think you ought to take a look at this." said the dwarf as he motioned toward the direction of the hills.

I sought out a high vantage point and peered out into the horizon.

"What in the name of Armok? Humans?"

As i surveyed the hills I was alarmed to notice that their numbers were swelling. And not only the hills, but in every direction I looked, more of them appeared; like an army of rodents found a block of cheese ripe for the picking. But I was clearly mistaken. As they came into view, I noticed that not only were there humans, but elves, animals and what looked like feathered animal men.

I took out a suit of adamantine mail and motioned to one of the military dwarves nearby,

"Bring this mail out to them and tell them that Frodo Ringedbear is dead, and that they should-"

"Please commander! Enough joking around! How should we respond?"

I leaned on my axe as I glanced down upon their numbers. No green skins. Most of them didn't bear any weapons. Pack animals, not war trained mounts. Flags and insignia for trading, purple garb.

The look of trepidation on my face quickly turned into a frown, and then into glassy eyed apathy. I took a quick sip of dwarven wine from my canteen.

"Hmmmm, I think I'm going back to break."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:09:39 am by Zuglarkun »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66