- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259572 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #945 on: August 14, 2017, 12:05:29 pm »

Here I was, in my Cathedral, planning my next big move for the thone when one of my acolytes runs in and tells me to look outside. The look on his face was not fear but definitely confusion.

I put my letter down and descend into the atrium of my Cathedral, a true beauty. As we pass through the door into the Cathedral grounds, I walk to the edge and peek down.

"Are we being invaded by ants?"

From this high up, it truly looked as tho a toddlee had stired up a huge nest of ants. I could barely tell what they truly were, there were Humans (oddly) and elves, and animals walking on two legs. But there were hundreds of them.

"Your orders Lord Judge?" asks the acolyte.

"Move all the others into the Cathedral and seal off the grounds, we have enough food to last."

"What about the rumors of a self destruct lever? I heard that there is a sect working to bring down this tower." The acolyte inquires.

"Mere rumors is all that is. No one would be stupid enough to do such a thing."
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 17, 2017, 10:39:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It didn’t take long for him to lose count.

Sanctume stood at that peak like a gargoyle, motionless as the earth rocked beneath him. With his eyes affixed to the horizon, watching the tide come in, he couldn’t help but wonder: who the hell did they piss off this time?

Hundreds marched across that landscape - elves, dwarves, humans; from merchantmen to noblewomen to soldiers; banners of every colour and insignia. They moved slowly, like a rising tide across the frozen barrens. If anything was certain, this was no goblin invasion. The sight alone threatened to engulf him in bafflement, but honed discipline forced him to set his mind aside. Whoever… whatever this was, it didn’t matter. No matter hostile or friendly, the Military of Constructivory would be there to greet them with open arms. He prepared to head downstairs, where he would be needed most to rally his squad.

Down below, he could make out a steady trickle of civilians snaking down the tower. Guards accompanied their descent as they enacted a temporary earthquake evacuation protocol. Most of the initial tremors had subsided, and the mood of panic had given way to the annoyed semblance of a fire drill, with dwarves having dropped most of their work and drink. They trudged downwards to the assembly point in foul spirits, unaware of the incoming contacts, when Immortal-D's voice suddenly boomed through the walls.

You’re all gonna die folks! MWUAHAHAHAHA! Everyone, get out of there! We were right all along, you fools! There's a bridge on the second level! Run you little hamsters, as I laugh and preside over your fleeting deaths! Unless you feel like walking, sorr- RUUUUUNNN before your precious tower turns on you and grinds your bones to dust!

A brief spate of worry rippled through the crowd, but it too came to pass. Surely the great overseers of this place would have considered such scenarios! Surely each new addition to the tower would have been rigorously assessed for structural stability before being built! For those who had been born and bred under the shadow of the Tower, such thoughts were unfathomable. This was Constructivory, Mountaintower of the Stake of Healers! Hazardous and mishappenly-run perhaps, but certainly never "unstable".

Immortal-D’s voice continued to echo. “The Casa takes all visitors! What? Hell no, we're charging for this. All are welcome with open arms! We’ve got free booze, rocks and all the best strippers in this goddamn place, ye damn well bet someone's gonna sell their grandmother for this! Come to the Casa, the safest place t-

The earth roared.

And then it was no more.

SURPRISE
TERRAIN
REGENERATION
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:43:44 am by Bearskie »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 17, 2017, 10:54:00 am »

Okay wat

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 17, 2017, 10:54:15 am »

"Well at least I can finally enjoy the view from up here without that thing in my way," Ryukan said as he sipped his Strawberry Wine smuggled in from his contacts from parts unknown.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 17, 2017, 10:55:27 am »

Okay wat

Oh wait till you see the swimming pool.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 17, 2017, 11:11:13 am »

Using my data plan so I don't wait... holifuk!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 18, 2017, 10:06:47 pm »

Okay, well played.

I expected walls to shake, tremble, fall down and crumble
All the floors and all the buildings to flatten and sunder
A bait was cast and switch was pulled
And as the watchers' tension lulled
All the quarries totalled
Open-legends?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 18, 2017, 10:18:12 pm »

Hohoho, bingo. This was on the old 40.24 before they fixed it.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 23, 2017, 10:09:42 am »

Not an update, just would like to mention how unusually high I find stress levels in Constructivory. There's only a handful of happy dwarves in the tower; the vast majority of dwarves have +ve stress, along with twenty plus dwarves who are stressed or downright haggard. Must be the weather (or the hundred-something dead goblin corpses TheCheeseMaker made them haul in the previous year). Not sure whether that's normal fare for 40.24 -- my main fort had 90% of everyone at super happy levels even with the spiralling-into-depression bug. Maybe I just need to play more screwed-up succession forts.

At least someone is enjoying himself in his spanking gold-adamantine temple.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 23, 2017, 12:29:59 pm »

::)

I do believe that everyone got one year to do whatever they wanted with the tower. I chose to better my poor dwarf's life and make him a nice house. I also added quite a few z levels to the tower too. Not my fault some of us dedicated our turns to shitting lava on other player's projects....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:34:17 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 23, 2017, 10:04:56 pm »

Naw, is good, just poking fun at ya. Everything looks the same as rubble.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 28, 2017, 02:35:08 am »

So what happened exactly.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 28, 2017, 08:57:17 am »

I think that entire tower is on supports around the swimming pool level, and someone found the lever.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 28, 2017, 10:17:13 am »

No, this caused everything to collapse, even free-standing walls outside.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 28, 2017, 10:51:30 am »

So what happened exactly.

The tower and its surrounding regions imploded upon itself due to overseer e-peen overload. Visitors came from far and wide to witness the rare spectacle. This is the primary reason you don't see dwarves build above ground.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66