Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Cuthulu kills everyone  (Read 24462 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 11 (Quit monkeying around!)
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2016, 09:51:49 am »

Bump.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 11 (Quit monkeying around!)
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2016, 10:24:24 am »

Bumping is extremely rude. Use a PM.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Cuthulu kills everyone
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2016, 03:56:04 pm »

Well, I think I should probably issue a closing statement about this game.

This was the second forum game I've run, and it's been an improvement over the previous one. When Avery came back and posted, I immediatly got to work on a new update having found passion once again, but as the day ended, I realized the real reason why I let this game die. It became too much work for me. The passion was there but when updates literally take hours upon hours of your time, you better pray that the game you're updating is as good as escape from motel hell, and in my opinion, I don't think was.

I let the early success get to me and I ended up upping the ante to a point where I couldn't handle it anymore (it also didn't help that cutting a ravine through the arena derailed some of my initial plans). There were also some design flaws that I never addressed such as a needlessly complicated magic system (why do you need a d20?),my poor interpretations of die rolls (Avery should have died when Atrius punched him), environmental hazards (all they do is add arbitrary save or die moments and rob a player of kill), and finally too much prose.

My previous game was also killed due to design flaws and I don't regret the decision. On the bright side, I did better this time, I improved! The art was better, the scope was tighter, more players joined, some guys definitely had fun. If I run a game again, it will probably using a premade ruleset such as D&D or minimalist RTD. That way, I won't have to worry about my competence at designing rules, only my competence as a writer (which could use improvement, I use too much punctuation) and my competence as a GM? That last sentence didn't come out right. What I mean to say is that badly designed rules wouldn't be the sole, insurmountable cause of my failure (I still need to work on interpreting die rolls).

Anyway, I had fun, and I hope you guys did too, but I think it's time we say good bye now
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2016, 05:02:22 pm »

Soooooooo... By creating the ravine, I helped derail the game, which was one of the reasons the DM stopped it, which, due to the title, presumably caused everyone to be killed by Cthulu, thus completing my character's goal of the destruction of the people who imprisoned him and forced him to fight in this game. Which means...

I won!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2016, 05:04:10 pm »

Haha, I guess you did :D

Shame your soul was obliterated though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2016, 05:04:32 pm »

Seriously, though, thanks for running this. I enjoyed it quite a bit (and got a sig-quote from it!).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2016, 05:06:21 pm »

Shame your soul was obliterated though.
Details, details. :P

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2016, 05:08:33 pm »

But did Salsacookies survive?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2016, 05:25:18 pm »

Of course not, he's crazy  ;D

EDIT: Honestly I don't know, this was just a rocks fall and everyone dies. I'll decide if I ever make a reboot.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:26:58 pm by heydude6 »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2016, 02:10:31 pm »

But, I still have the title of Stylish Mage, right? Right?!
But seriously, thanks for running this, it was one of my favorite games, from the bottom of my heart, keep on Gming, I will join.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2016, 11:28:22 pm »

By the way, you spelled Cthulu wrong in the title.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2016, 11:29:30 pm »

No you spelled Cuthulu wrong in your post  8)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]