Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Cuthulu kills everyone  (Read 24241 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: First turn has begun
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2015, 06:13:08 pm »

Well anything vaguely cup related. You can create the holy grail from Monty python if you wanted to. You can create a grail that is so beautiful that no one wants to attack you in order to not risk hurting it. (See, your suggestion but just more cup related.). You can suggest anything as long as its cup related. Please note, the bigger the stretch, the higher d20 roll you need to succeed.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 06:28:06 pm »

"Oh holy spirit blah blah blah bless me with a cup containing sulfuric acid." Go for the sword and hurl liquid at anyone who gets near me.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2015, 11:08:34 pm »

"Oh holy spirit blah blah blah bless me with a cup containing sulfuric acid." Go for the sword and hurl liquid at anyone who gets near me.
"Psst. Do you wanna get out of here with me? Perhaps make an alliance?"

Just ask for cups made of radium, and then fill it up with blood and give it to someone who's aspect is blood.
Pfft. You still go for something as lame as radium? Real men use anti-osmium.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2015, 11:14:02 pm »

"Sure, yes. Go throw shards of obsidian at people. I'm gonna go hurl glasses of liquid at people like an offended middle aged woman at a fancy party."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2015, 12:05:40 am »

"Sure, yes. Go throw shards of obsidian at people. I'm gonna go hurl glasses of liquid at people like an offended middle aged woman at a fancy party."

"Now, why would I do something like that? No, I'm going to free us all. The real enemy is our captors, and I'm not going to perpetuate the assumption that they are not. Unless, of course, someone tries to harm me, or a friend of mine, such as you."

Can the sparks only do magic when bonded? Why do they agree to the contracts? Why haven't they taken over the world yet? What is the personality of everyone's aspects?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:08:07 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2015, 07:27:09 am »

If i get cup affinity, i will try to crush everyone but me with cups made from anything solid (eg.glass). They will be filled with normal air, of course.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2015, 02:17:58 pm »

Initiative:

The Manipulator [6]
Avery [4]
Salsacookies [4]
Sinvara [3]
Derm [3]
Greeny McEmerald [2]

Why was Nuclear Explosions even on the list? It's a shame I got Rocks instead of Rock, because then I could play The Final Countdown or something and win the game by destroying it.

Look upwards, towards the spectators.

"You honestly think you can cage ME? Come, fellow mages; your freedom awaits."

To the spark:
"May you please turn me into an earth elemental? I think that it is time for us to leave."

As The Manipulator grabs his aspect he notices a very annoying sound. It's the sound of the cheering, excitement, laughter, Joy............

These horrible things, they must be eliminated!

The Manipulator whispers something to his aspect.
Pronunciation roll: [6]
Aspect d20 roll: [10]

Then he looks up and shouts at the crowd
Crowd intimidation roll: [5+1 body horror bonus]

"You honestly think you can cage ME?" Suddenly, as if on cue his skin slowly begins to darken and take on a more sandy texture. "I am a being more powerful than you can comprehend, so let me warn you, this arena will not hold me."

"The arena isn't infallible. You know it, I know it, but after this, you will know one more thing.  When I escape-"
As he says this, his hair begins to fall out. "I promise that I will bring you people such pain and suffering, that you would rather crawl back into your worst nightmares than face my wrath!"

There is a pause, and the crowd is silent "I see that the memory of the last escape is still fresh in your mind... Do not forget it." and with these final words, the transformation into a pseudo earth elemental is completed. Completely bald and made of sandstone The Manipulator now looks like a human sized golem.

"Come, fellow mages; your freedom awaits."

Sadly though, it doesn't seem like any of your fellow mages are coming. Perhaps a more proactive approach is required?

After such a rousing speech, your aspect makes a comment.
Understanding roll [4]

You can't make the message out fully but this is what you understand.
Their eyes are filled with scary? They do not trust us, when we break out we will make a new world."

It's a bit disappointing being forced to interpret his sentences more... primitively, but you'll have to make do with it for now.

Avery glanced around, taking in what he thought everyone else had, and promptly asked his essence "My good friend, could you kindly throw an extremely heavy paper weight at that man over there that reminds me of cookies?"
Perhaps the essences did this themselves? Normal text is my OOC chat.

As you look around, you see a man spouting gibberish at the guy who just made that, frankly terrifying speech. He reminds you of cookies for some reason. Anyway, he's distracted making him an easy target.

Pronunciation roll [6]
"My good friend, could you kindly throw an extremely heavy paper weight at that man over there that reminds me of cookies?"

Understanding roll [5]
"You mean throw it at that bald man that looks brown and grainy?"

Pronunciation roll [5]
"No, I mean at the crazy man who's shouting gibberish at the bald, brown, and grainy guy."

Understanding roll [6]
"Oh... How the void does he remind you of cookies?"

Aspect d20 roll [13]

Salsacookies dodge roll [5]

A large paperweight materializes and is launched in an arc. It fly's over the weapon podium, heading straight towards the crazy man.  Unfortunately, he turns around and quickly sidesteps towards the left, the paperweight crashing against the wall behind him. His gaze is now fixed upon you.

"Poke The Manipulator in the side with a needle, please"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... Huh, who's making that racket?

Oh, it's another mage talking about escape. He must still be dreaming. Maybe I should pinch him to wake it up. You can do that right, Cookies McSalsa thinks as he loving stares at his sphere.

Pronunciation roll [2]

"WIWAC BEGO WEVUC IRO BEPARIE PIHA ERABIESA IHEL RA IMENAMIF! PIYOL AFUSU RAH TEG ALOTEW XAY ETUFANO SEPENIED? HOPO TALASAM URAPO TILUCIEN NIETA GEHANO PE CENIHA UNUGONAT: TINENAB RIY FUT RERO QIM RALUCO ITIGELER! OBE VASIEY PUCED DAPI CIDAR XADIE LADECIL IDENACOS SERAD SENIYA. HINUM MORANE RIEPATU ELITE. IMAPINIEC LASEC MET TESA FERAJ! POROMID NAF NERELE RIDES."

Understanding roll [3]

What?

Seeing no results, you turn around only to lay eyes on a giant paperweight flying towards you.

Dodge roll [5]

You quickly side step out of the way and face your attacker.

"Come, friend, let us bask in the glory of defeating our enemies. Could you slow down time around everyone in this room besides us?"

You observe your surroundings. One guy is giving a speech, the other is shouting giberish, no wait someone just threw a paperweight at him, oh look someone just materialized a grail out of thin air... Gahhhh!! It's all going to fast, I need to slow things down....

Pronunciation [3]

"Come fiend, let us bath in the gore of our decapitated enemies. Everyone in this room beside us has slow time."

You hope you pronounced it right. Let's see what the aspect says.

Understanding [3]
"Mamm, you a creeper. They are idiots. As the aspect of time *blah blah* certify *blah blah giberish* same as you."

You don't think that was an accurate translation. Anyway, time hasn't slowed down yet so you probably didn't get your point across either.

While all of that other stuff was happening in the background, Derm was preparing to arm himself for the battle ahead.

Pronounciation [6]
"Oh holy spirit, grant my humble request. Bless me with a cup containing superacid."

Suddenly, you hear the glorious tenor of your master aspect. When you finally begin to piece the words together though...

Understanding [1]
"Wasteful Servant, who's loyalty is my end. I shall dump you in a pit of superacid!"

That can't be it, can it?

aspect d20 roll [9]

Suddenly a golden cup filled with sulfuric acid appears in your hands. As for why the cup isn't eroding, it's because gold is specifically immune to sulfuric acid.

Your aspect speaks again

Understanding [6]
"Wasn't my best work unfortunately. I tried to fill it with superacid but I only managed to make a pint of regular sulfuric acid"

Satisfied with your loot. You run towards the sword and try to pick it up.

Agility roll [2]

As soon as you take your first step on the platform where the sword is nestled, it suddenly dips. It feels like standing on a seesaw to be honest. You almost trip at the unexpected surprise although you manage to save yourself just in time. You are still on the unstable slowly tipping platform though, you should do something about that. The dip makes the sword slide in your direction.

"Now, why would I do something like that? No, I'm going to free us all. The real enemy is our captors, and I'm not going to perpetuate the assumption that they are not. Unless, of course, someone tries to harm me, or a friend of mine, such as you."

The mage that gave the rousing speech begins to approach you. The only thing stopping you from immediately dumping sulfuric acid on his face is the fear of losing your footing if you do so.

Surprisingly, rather than kill you, he talks.

After considering his offer you decide sure, why not, what's the harm.

As you ponder this, you see a mage summon a minotaur, pull the lever and run upstairs. You suddenly feel warmer.

((Cow, huh? Wait, I got this.))

"Oh great aspect of the Mighty bovine, please grant me the form of a Minotaur so that I may better smite my foes."

Go pull that lever behind me, then get up the nearest stairs.

You were the last one to wake up. You missed the speech and the paperweight throwing but you're here now. After thinking about arenas and strategy, you think about the tactics of champions. Unfortunately the tactics used by most champions are too complicated for you in your opinion... except for one. The Minotaur. Based on what you've read, the minotaur was champion of the labyrinth for 3 years by using the tactic of simply being a minotaur. You bet that if you used that tactic, you would totally win.

pronunciation [4]
"Ok aspect of the cow, please give me a minotaur so I may better hit my hated people."

aspect d20 roll [12]

You hear some giberish before a humanoid adult bull standing on it's hind legs appears before you. It's thick fur completely covers up any biceps or six-packs it may be hiding. It also still has hoofs for hands. It's actually kind of cute.

Suddenly, you aspect begins to lecture.

Understanding [3]

"Blah, blah, blah, Command, blah blah blah command blah blah."
You're trying, you really are but you just can't figure out what he's saying, it's a he right? You also feel like you just missed the owner's manual.

Understanding [2]
You don't understand this gibberish either.

Understanding [5]
"You could also try to command it verbally and wirelessly although that is harder."

Finally something that you understand.

Anyway, now to pull that lever. You pull it, but nothing seems to happen... yet.

You then run upstairs but your minotaur isn't following you for some reason. It's just standing there, looking around.

Upstairs you find a machine with a sign next to it.

Spoiler: What the sign says (click to show/hide)

The Manipulator, Greeny McEmerald, and Avery. Your spheres dim a little.

Cookies Mcsalsa and Auguste Vernier, your spheres glow slightly brighter.

Spoiler: The Arena (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gm Note (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:27:41 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2015, 02:40:29 pm »

Step off the platform but keep making it tilt with my foot. Pick up the sword as it slides toward me. Keep throwing acid at any hostiles.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2015, 03:53:47 pm »

I haven't thrown the acid anywhere yet! You cannot use that sentence!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2015, 03:58:38 pm »

"Please dig an escape tunnel under that time mage."

Move away from the central circle.

Can I earthglide? Am I a true stone elemental? Does being an elemental grant you any control over your element? Can I assimilate things? Will saying something three times (i.e. "Turn his head into a chicken. Turn his head into a chicken. Turn his head into a chicken.") increase the chance that the message gets correctly interpreted, or are the same errors present in each sentence? Do I need to breathe, eat, or sleep now? Can I see in the dark? Do my eyes glow?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:00:34 pm by ATHATH »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2015, 04:13:58 pm »

Thanks Derm, I actually didn't notice that. As far as the aspect knows, Derm is just holding a cup of water. I need to be more alert in order to catch things like that in the future. Especially when we start transitioning towards PMs.

Can I earthglide? Am I a true stone elemental? Does being an elemental grant you any control over your element? Can I assimilate things? Will saying something three times (i.e. "Turn his head into a chicken. Turn his head into a chicken. Turn his head into a chicken.") increase the chance that the message gets correctly interpreted, or are the same errors present in each sentence? Do I need to breathe, eat, or sleep now? Can I see in the dark? Do my eyes glow?

You are not a true earth elemental, you are just a human made of stone. A roll of 15 would have given you limited control of your element. It will take multiple turns and multiple 20s to become a true elemental. It would boost your control even more as well as change your form significantly (plus many other things).

As someone who himself is struggling to learn a language, I can say that repeating 3 times will not help you.

No need for eating, breathing, or drinking, but you still need sleep. No glowing eyes, no nightvision

Also, what did you think of the lines I wrote for you on that first turn?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2015, 05:18:07 pm »

Thanks Derm, I actually didn't notice that. As far as the aspect knows, Derm is just holding a cup of water. I need to be more alert in order to catch things like that in the future. Especially when we start transitioning towards PMs.

You are not a true earth elemental, you are just a human made of stone. A roll of 15 would have given you limited control of your element. It will take multiple turns and multiple 20s to become a true elemental. It would boost your control even more as well as change your form significantly (plus many other things).

As someone who himself is struggling to learn a language, I can say that repeating 3 times will not help you.

No need for eating, breathing, or drinking, but you still need sleep. No glowing eyes, no nightvision

Also, what did you think of the lines I wrote for you on that first turn?
They're fine. The Manipulator does tend to lean towards LE more than CE, so he'll probably not kill the audience (unless they get in the way), and instead just beeline for the people who created this event and kill them.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 2
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2015, 08:16:41 pm »

Waiting on Salasacookies, hiddenleafguy, and Beirus.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2015, 08:21:33 pm »

"My aspect, would you kindly make this guy who tried to kill me feel the pain of having every bone in his body broken, please?"

Try not to get killed by anyone else.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2015, 08:23:04 pm »

Sorry been busy.
"Well in my home town there was a man named Dave, Dave made the greatest cookies I have ever tasted, before or since, turns out his cookies were TOO good and he got sent to the arena. Now, if you could do this for me, ol' buddy ol' pal. Can we try that again?"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:43:11 pm by Hiddenleafguy »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13