Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Cuthulu kills everyone  (Read 24471 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 2
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2015, 09:41:25 pm »

"O great aspect of the bovine, please grant us mastery of the bovine language, that we may communicate better."

"Hey Minotaur, go kill one of those other guys."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 3 (Sticky situations)
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2015, 10:55:35 pm »

Initiative:

Derm [5]
Salsacookies [5]
Avery [4]
The Manipulator [2]
Sinvara [1]
Greeny McEmerald [1]

Step off the platform but keep making it tilt with my foot. Pick up the sword as it slides toward me. Keep throwing acid at any hostiles.
Seeing the impending doom, you take the sensible option and try to get off of the platform.

agility roll [2]

Unfortunately, the platform has risen quite high, a bit too high actually cause when you raise your foot, you end up falling on your back due to the uncomfortably large angle your leg makes in relation to the rest of your body. You slide off the platfrom but you stretch out your legs in time to prop them against the wall.

grip roll [3]

During the fall, you managed to hold onto your aspect but unfortunately you dropped your cup. Sulfuric acid spills all over the platform though thankfully, none of it hits you. It doesn't corrode the platform either which is kind of odd. As the now empty cup slides down the platform, it falls into the newly formed gap and you hear sizzling.

Grab roll [3]

Suddenly you remember the sword you wanted to get. It is now sliding towards your head, blade first. Desperate to live, you use your recently freed hand to grab it by the blade and save yourself. Hopefully your hand is OK.

Endurance roll [5-1 slow moving sword]

You feel a small pain and even see some blood, but you managed to mostly grab the sword by the flat side of its blade sparing you the worst of the pain.

Of course, now you are in a sticky situation. The platform has tipped even further and now it looks quite beyond your ability to just step off of. You'll need to climb. This is complicated by the fact that you are lying on your back. In fact, the only reason why you haven't slid off yet is because your legs are currently pressed against the wall. This solution is obviously only temporary because soon the platform will rotate a complete 90o angle. And to top it all off, both of your hands are currently holding objects.

Thankfully, that last problem can be easily solved since everyone was provided with a satchel.

"My aspect, would you kindly make this guy who tried to kill me feel the pain of having every bone in his body broken, please?"

Try not to get killed by anyone else.

Hah, the fool. Doesn't he know what power you currently hold in your hand. Perhaps it would be best to give him a little taste.

Pronunciation roll [2]

CAHEG MI SAM REPA NOCO ENO DA LANED ILUFE REDENIE?

Understanding roll [5]
"Oh, not this again"

Sorry been busy.
"Well in my home town there was a man named Dave, Dave made the greatest cookies I have ever tasted, before or since, turns out his cookies were TOO good and he got sent to the arena. Now, if you could do this for me, ol' buddy ol' pal. Can we try that again?"

Pronunciation roll [3]
*gibberish* Old *gibberish* Dave, Dave made goggled cookies *gibberish* wasted *gibberish* he got sent to the arena.

Having fluently explained why that man reminded you of cookies, you then proceed prepare another round of paperweights

Pronunciation roll [3]

Now, *gibberish* do *gibberish*, old *gibberish*. Can we try again?"

Understanding [6]
"WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO KILL OLD DAVE?! Don't you have any respect for the elderly, especially an old aquaintace?!

Wait, that's not what I said!

Understanding [6]
I bet he still remembers you, go ahead talk to him. I'm certain you could form some sort of alliance. I'm not going to perform any magic until you at least try.

uhhhh...

"Please dig an escape tunnel under that time mage."

Move away from the central circle.

Hmm, there is something about that mage in the turquoise robe that really bothers you. Perhaps now would be a wonderful time to dig an escape tunnel. Kill two birds with one stone as they say.

Pronunciation roll [6]
"Please dig a chasm under that time mage..."

"Well?"

Understanding roll [5]
"Who's the time mage?"

*Facepalm*

"Time mage! What am I thinking? I have no idea if there even is a timemage here! I meant that guy!"
*points*

Aspect d20 roll [17+6-1 sphere deviation -6 compexity-3 mana drain]

Suddenly, a loud tremor is heard. The mages pause their battling and take a look around to try to figure out where the sound is coming from.

All of sudden, the ground beneath Auguste's feet parts and a chasm forms

Auguste Escape roll [1]

Sadly, though. Auguste did not flee in time and now finds himself falling to his death.

Well, that takes care of him. Now that the suspicious mage is dead, nothing can possibly stand in the way o-

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY ARENA!!! Do you know how hard it's going to be to repair that in time for next year's MMMM? You will pay for this!"
Suddenly a large bell rings.

"Calling all combatants! Whoever lands the final blow on The Manipulator gets an aspect of fire in addition to the aspect that he himself drops!"

Except maybe that. Hopefully the mages value escape more than the glory and freedom that comes from winning the Marathon. Although, just for safety reasons, I should probably keep my distance from the fellow mages. Yeah, that's a good idea.

Movement roll [5]

You are now standing between a doorway.

Your aspect chimes in.

Understanding roll [2]

Now's not the time to use unfamiliar words in your sentences buddy! Can this get any worse?

"Aspect, could you massively increase the age of that fellow carrying that cup please?"

((Ah, my mistake, edited.))

Before you can get off your spell, you hear a tremor. Suddenly a chasm opens up beneath you...

escape roll [1]

and you fall in.

Aspect initiative roll [4]
Aspect d20 roll [10+2 mana build up+6-1 sphere deviation -2 complexity]

As you plunge towards your death, you suddenly stop.

Understanding roll [1]
"Friend, I love you and wish that you don't die. Magic saved you, not me! Aren't you happy?"

Understanding roll [1]
"Don't worry, I'll just unfreeze you and everything will be fine  :P"

Understanding roll [3]
"Want to hear my idea? We should go out!"

If you're just hearing what you want to hear, then you have messed up taste.

((Currently, everyone thinks you're dead. NO METAGAMING)

"O great aspect of the bovine, please grant us mastery of the bovine language, that we may communicate better."

"Hey Minotaur, go kill one of those other guys."
Okay, so verbally and wirelessly. Well, in order to do it verbally I would need to be able to speak its language. So let's learn how to do that.

Pronunciation [1]
Understanding roll [5]
"INSOLENT FOOL!!!! HOW DARE YOU CALL MY FATHER A COW!!!! MY FATHER WAS A BEING HUNDREDS OF TIMES MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU EVER WILL BE!!! But I will forgive you. You do not know my father and as far as I know, it might have been a compliment. Just be more careful next time.

*gulp*

Your minotaur attempts to scratch its ear. Awwwwww :3

The Manipulator, You can barely see your glow anymore.

Cookies Mcsalsa, your sphere glows even brighter.

Auguste Vernier, Greeny McEmerald, Avery, and Derm; Your spheres returns back to their original state.

Spoiler: The Arena (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gm Note (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:04:55 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 2
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2015, 10:58:46 pm »

Put shizz in stachel, pull myself up.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2015, 11:23:33 pm »

Avery will shout to "Dave""Hey you over there, wanna have an alliance, I just "remembered" you from Bakersfieldville, remember  I am Avery, the kid who always burned down your competitors stalls? Sorry about throwing the paperweight at you, I got some words mixed up, want to kill the dude with the bounty on his head." then whisper to my aspect. "Could you kindly make a massive hollow paperweight, with no bottom and drop it on the dude who just killed the other dude?"

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2015, 01:12:28 am »

"Well, if anyone wants to try to kill me, the guy whose aspect was able to kill someone with one spell and is almost invulnerable to standard weaponry, rather than work together in order to escape, they're welcome to."

Wait for my aspect to recharge before performing my next stunt. If anyone attacks me, do a pm'd action. Otherwise, help Derm return to normal land.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2015, 01:48:30 am »

I'd say Pm. This should be the last turn where pms are discouraged and then everyone will get to Pm.

EDIT: Also, about your status. You fell about 1 story before you were frozen. If someone were to go to the pit and peek. They would find you floating and motionless. There is also more information (important information) but you failed your aspect understanding rolls. Try to figure out what it was that you missed.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:30:48 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2015, 09:34:19 am »

"HURT THAT GUY WHO ALMOST KILLED ME!!!"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2015, 10:39:26 am »

so who joined now?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2015, 10:41:09 am »

none of the waitlisters have joined yet, no one has died.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2015, 02:21:46 pm »

((Hum..... That was rather abrupt. Before I post an action, two questions, what exactly is my status in the chasm, and since I seem to be dead to the others, should I PM my actions to you until I return to the others?))
By the way, if you want to join team Derm, if you apologize and prove your worth, we might mutually "forget" our attempts to kill each other.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2015, 06:54:41 pm »

Waiting for Beirus and Sinvara to post an action.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2015, 07:56:48 pm »

"Aspect, would you kindly grant me and you mastery of the bovine language so we can communicate better?"

If I can speak bovine:
"Oi, minotaur, please go kill that mage with the bounty. The one with the rock aspect."

If not:
Wireless control the minotaur to do the above thing.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:51:19 am by Beirus »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2015, 08:10:39 pm »

"Aspect, would you kindly grant me and you mastery of the bovine language so we can communicate better?"

"Oi, minotaur, go grab an aspect for me."
If the minotaur attacks team Derm, that will be a declaration of war.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2015, 09:29:54 pm »

Nineteen Nevermore.

((There's no way I'm missing this.))

"Purply browny timey wimey wifom stuff."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2015, 01:56:24 am »

"Oi, minotaur, go grab an aspect for me."
If the minotaur attacks team Derm, that will be a declaration of war.
((ATHATH, are you talking to me directly as a player, or talking IC? Because I know we've had a discussion before on how to distinguish between the two. It involves using double parentheses. Anyways, the threat has been noted and responded to.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13