Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Cuthulu kills everyone  (Read 24460 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 4 (Divine Intervention)
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2015, 10:14:31 am »

Hmm, sorry thought I already put something up.
Avery will shout to his aspect. "Damnit! I said HOLLOW! Not holy! Sorry, could you do that again, this time on that aspect that just appeared? Sorry for yelling at you, just frustrated, he was no good to me dead."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 3 (Sticky situations)
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2015, 10:15:11 am »

Nineteen Nevermore.

"Purply browny timey wimey wifom stuff."
((Missed my sign up.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magicians Marathon of Magical Murder: Turn 5 (Derm does not Lava)
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2015, 05:47:40 pm »

Initiative:

Avery [4]
Cookies McSalsa [3]
Auguste Vernier [3]
Derm [2]
Atrius [1]

Avery will shout to his aspect. "Damnit! I said HOLLOW! Not holy! Sorry, could you do that again, this time on that aspect that just appeared? Sorry for yelling at you, just frustrated, he was no good to me dead."
As you stare directly at your awesome creation, you can't help but think to yourself that this isn't what you asked for. Unable to contain your frustration anymore, you voice your concerns before finally looking away to prevent yourself from being blinded.

pronunciation roll [1]

Dammit! I said HALLOW! Not holy! Is your brain hollow? You're like an aspect that just appeared. You are so frustrating, the only way you'll ever be good for me is dead.

WHY DON'T YOU EVER APPRECIATE WHAT I DO FOR YOU! I BLEW UP THE GIBBERING MAGE FOR YOU EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT IT WAS A BETTER IDEA TO FORM AN ALLIANCE. THAT GUY YOU WERE TRYING TO CRUSH FELL INTO A PIT OF LAVA!
Understanding [6]

It seems like your aspect isn't finished

AND DESPITE ALL OF THESE GOOD THINGS, ALL YOU THINK ABOUT IS SEMANTICS. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HALLOW AND HOLY YOU UNGRATEFUL*CENSORED*

Understanding [5]

And there is still more being said.

Understanding roll [3]

You didn't catch that last part but it sounded like a threat. Hope you know what's good for you.

Suddenly, you feel heat creeping up from behind you. As a precaution you begin to walk forward until you feel comfortable again.

I try to wake up. If I succeed, steal an aspect. Any aspect that's close by

Endurance roll [6]

Suddenly your twitching intensifies, it grows from twitching, to a spasm, to a full on Seizure. When it ends you wake up with a plan of action. You make a dash for the suspicious burlap sack that you swear wasn't there a few minutes ago and check its contents. Inside you see the corpse of a mage. A bit disgusting but that wasn't what you were looking for. The real prize is object he's clutching in his hands... an Aspect. Based on the symbol engraved on it, it's an aspect of fire.

Aspect friendliness roll [6]

You grab it and hear a little voice in your head.

"Master, you finally woke up! I was worried that they killed you."
Understanding roll [4]

What luck! Looks like you get to skip the hardest part of obtaining an aspect, getting it to like you. Of course, it still thinks that you are it's old master. How are you going to break the news?

As you ponder this you notice blood gushing from your severed arm (Salsacookies will die at the end of next turn unless he does something about his bleeding stump)

"Aspect, please temporally reverse creation of the chasm and therefore logically leaving us on the arena floor."
Ok, things are looking bad, you can almost see the bottom of the chasm. With desperation you come up with a plan.

Pronunciation roll [2]

Sadly though, the noise of the air rushing past you drowns out your voice. In retrospect that plan had a few fatal flaws, mainly the problem that the chasm might crush you as it reverses its creation.

You are now at terminal velocity again. If you don't save yourself by the end of next turn, you will hit the ground and die.

You still see the Minotaur.

"Aspect, bequeath upon me a glass of some matter of mass lava nullificating liquid!"

Nullify lava. otherwise pull self up.

Strength roll [6]

With the muscles of an Olympic gymnast, Derm manages to successfully pull himself out of the lava pit. Of course Derm isn't done with lava yet. After killing his friend and almost killing him, the lava must pay! It must cease to exist!

THE LAVA MUST DIE!!!

*ahem*

"Aspect, *Giberish* Glass *giberish* of mass lava *giberish* liquid"
Pronunciation [3]

"If you say so"
Understanding [4]
Aspect d20 [4+6-3 sphere deviation -4 complexity +3 mana build up]

Suddenly, a completely empty cup appears in you hand.

HERESY! THE LAVA MUST REPENT FOR ITS SINS!! HOW DARE YOU GIVE ME AN EMPTY CUP?!

You hear a small comment
Understanding [2]

If only you knew what it meant.

After calming down, you think of another plan. Grab the aspect of fire and then use that to kill the lava... somehow. You then notice that someone else has already gotten the aspect. You can try to wrestle it from him later.

But first, we need to cross this puddle of lava...

*twitch*

Lava just won't stop bothering you.

strength roll [1]

Due to a lack of room to make a running start, you fail to jump over the lava. Guess that Olympic muscles comment only applied to your biceps. You should have ran a few marathons.

So now we wait for Derm to die to a puddle.

Aspect initiative [4]
Aspect d20 [11+6 -2 sphere deviation -1 complexity -1 mana drain]

But what's this? Are my eyes being deceived? Is that... hope? A giant golden grail suddenly appears beneath you. Rather than landing face-first inside a puddle of lava, you land in that instead. Although you survived your screw up, you are now faced with two new problems.

Gold is a good conductor of heat and your aspect forgot to make it lava proof.

Endurance roll [4]

You only suffer a few first degree burns from the glowing gold but otherwise you're fine. But beware, It looks like your boat will melt soon.

<To aspect> "Hey Bro, what a situation we've got ourselves in.  First things first, mind giving me the strength to jump across that chasm?"  He points to the chasm to the South.

If it seems like the communication went well, run to the South and then jump Southwest, trying to make the jump across the shorted gap in the chasm on the second floor.  If the jump is short, hopefully it's still close enough to land on the first floor.

Atrius scrambled to his feet and took account of the situation.  Dumped into the arena, and it looks like he wasn't at the start of it either.  There was significant damage done to the arena.  He himself was isolated on a broken section of the it.

"What a way to go" he thought.

Still, he knew there was a chance, if he could win, he could live on.

"Hey Bro, what a situation we've got ourselves in. First things first, mind giving me the strength to Rip the earth apart into chasms?
Pronunciation [6]

And now for a kind and understanding comment from your aspect.
Understanding [2]

You understand nothing!

Aspect d20 [11 +6-0 sphere deviation -5 complexity]

What you do understand though are the weird changes taking place. Suddenly, your muscles grow. They grow and grow and they grow until your clothes are barely bursting at the seems. They don't thankfully... or unfortunately depending on your gender. The weirdest thing about your muscles is not how large they are or how well-endowed you've become, but how comfortable they feel. You feel like you've grown up with them for your whole life, slowly learning to use them and master them until you finally gained complete control.

Oh, let the mages be warned. You're going to put up a good fight.

Suddenly, you feel something tapping your Sphere. Then it goes away.

Now time for that chasm.

Strength [autosuccess]

You easily jump over and land on the first floor. What do you do next?

Avery, your sphere returns back to it's normal colour, it's still not glowing unfortunately.

Auguste Vernier, Suddenly, you sphere glows incredibly brightly

Derm, your sphere returns back to it's normal state.

Atrius, you sphere darkens significantly.

You all notice the lava puddle grow larger. The burlap sack and the mage corpse burn and everyone takes a few steps back as a precaution.

The platform finally stabilizes

Spoiler: The Arena (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gm note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:51:38 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2015, 06:44:56 pm »

"Stairway of cups would be great right about now!"

Attempt to get back to safe ground.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2015, 07:13:19 pm »

"HELP, your master in need of aid! Seal my wound with your flame! My life escapes me with each second!"

Should my aspect fail to understand me, stick my gushing stump in the lava to seal the wound, but try to only have my stump burned
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:31:54 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2015, 08:37:28 pm »

As a ghost, can I hear other peoples' aspects and/or talk to them?

@Slayer1557's character:

"Hi. I'm the ghost of another guy that died in this arena. That chasm that you just jumped over was my aspect's work. I'll miss him. Anyway, I just wanted to point out to you that you now have the strength to jump through the glass of that observation box over there and kill some of the people who are responsible for your current status as a gladiator."

Use my ghostly powers to give the strong guy a +1 to his next roll.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2015, 09:17:40 pm »

deleted
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2015, 11:12:31 pm »

I am going to attempt to confuse my aspect.
"What are you talking about? Why would I be mad at you for a simple misunderstanding? I was cussing in your language out of habit, remember the kids?"

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2015, 05:14:51 am »

(Uhh... is you being a ghost a thing?  Also, I'm not really one to use PM's, so don't mind me.)

Atrius looked at his horrifically bulging muscles. Holy crap Atrius thought.  I look totally badass!  Muscle magic is the best magic.

To the Aspect "Thanks man, great job!  Chill for a bit, you earned it! Now it's my turn."

He walks over to Avery and yells "I CAST FIST!" and punches him into the lava.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2015, 01:02:53 pm »

(Uhh... is you being a ghost a thing?  Also, I'm not really one to use PM's, so don't mind me.)
Don't worry Slayer. The Manipulator being a ghost is strictly non-canon (if you found out what happened to his soul then you would know why). Since he is still allowed to give advice OOC, I am also allowing him to give it IC, although he has no ghostly powers.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2015, 02:56:02 pm »

Don't worry Slayer. The Manipulator being a ghost is strictly non-canon (if you found out what happened to his soul then you would know why). Since he is still allowed to give advice OOC, I am also allowing him to give it IC, although he has no ghostly powers.
"Aw. Dare I ask where my soul went?"

Atrius looked at his horrifically bulging muscles. Holy crap Atrius thought.  I look totally badass!  Muscle magic is the best magic.

To the Aspect "Thanks man, great job!  Chill for a bit, you earned it! Now it's my turn."

He walks over to Avery and yells "I CAST FIST!" and punches him into the lava.
"No! This is exactly what they want you to do! If we all worked together, or at least didn't try to kill each other, we could escape! Instead, you're attacking a random mage who did nothing wrong to you! Is everyone here a bloodthirsty maniac?!"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:01:49 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2015, 02:59:02 pm »

The Holy paperweight obliterated it after it was deemed an "Unholy abomination hated by God". That's what the will rolls were for, to see if you resisted it. You resisted it the first time, but when you died you had no physical body to protect you.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2015, 03:11:30 pm »

The Holy paperweight obliterated it after it was deemed an "Unholy abomination hated by God". That's what the will rolls were for, to see if you resisted it. You resisted it the first time, but when you died you had no physical body to protect you.
"I am not an unholy abomination! Sure, I never go to church and have done some morally questionable things, but at least I don't worship the devil or something! Although you really should have told Adam and Eve what the apple actually did before dangling it in front of their faces. Is this about the baby I stabbed? It was accident, I swear!"

"So... what am I now? Am I a soulless ghost? Am I bound to my molten corpse or something? Hmph."

Float up to the announcer for this fight and whisper into his ear where hot dogs come from.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2015, 03:29:42 pm »

Well actually as the link says, you don't exist anymore. At this stage, not even an aspect of life can bring you back. Also, don't worry. You did not become an unholy abomination based on your backstory. It was for your actions in the arena (even if you did stab a baby).

It will be interesting to see you guys figure out what exactly makes one "unholy". Although it will be even more interesting to see you guys accidentally turn yourselves unholy by mistake. Mwahahahahah!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13