Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hey guys how do i check how old my fort is?  (Read 2738 times)

mc858

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hey guys how do i check how old my fort is?
« on: August 01, 2015, 10:17:03 pm »

I know if i push Z - the date shows up on the top right- but how can i see how many years my fort has been up? As far as i can tell it just shows the date and month

also- while were on the subject of age - during world generation i tend to start out at a really early age to 'grow' with the world while its young (if that makes sense) - will the game drastically change if i start in a later age? In my current fort with 99 dwarves i have very little going on- no invasions, and the epic mobs that pop up in the caverns every once in a while are fairly easy to kill. Will these things change if i let the world gen run a bit longer?

ooooh and one more question lol- i have A LOT of smoke popping up in a deep cavern. there doesnt seem to be any magma - but there are random and expanding areas of smoke and they arent going away for some reason- the problem is its KILLING my game performance. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all the help
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:19:37 pm by mc858 »

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys how do i check how old my fort is?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 04:47:27 am »

Catch one of your starting seven and look at their info screen, it says when they arrived. Or group by migration wave in therapist, same difference. If only recent arrivals survive, I think you have to find it in legends instead.

Megabeasts mostly get killed over time, so if you like them, start early.

A fire-spitting FB that defeats you by killing your fps instead of your dwarves? Thats a whole new level of meta.

mc858

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 01:06:36 pm »

Catch one of your starting seven and look at their info screen, it says when they arrived. Or group by migration wave in therapist, same difference. If only recent arrivals survive, I think you have to find it in legends instead.

Megabeasts mostly get killed over time, so if you like them, start early.

A fire-spitting FB that defeats you by killing your fps instead of your dwarves? Thats a whole new level of meta.

i see - thanks for the answer!

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 01:55:09 am »

Statue, engraving, and decoration on the goods sometimes contains information about the founding of the fortress, along with other important events.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

mc858

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 02:54:20 am »

Statue, engraving, and decoration on the goods sometimes contains information about the founding of the fortress, along with other important events.

thank youfor the tip! never knew that

mobucks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 11:26:30 am »

Sieges in .24 seem to be more consistent when at war/ close to a warring civ. So the length of the history isn't as important as when during that history wars are taking place. Some people gen a world for a long time and then go to legends mode to find out what specific years civs were warring, then re-Genning that world up to the point the war starts and playing from there.