Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: The RPG  (Read 8343 times)

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: The RPG
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 01:12:00 am »

(Thikut, once you get going your dog can roll vrs. tracking to locate an animal and then a crossbow roll at -4 will bag you a small animal worth 2 meat meals (21 meals = one weeks worth of food), others can forage as they walk (Roll vrs. Survival or Per.-5) for one plant meal.)

THE ADMINISTRATOR: "thank you Oddom, I wish you all good luck, i will have some merchants sending carrying supplies arrive before winter sets in. " *THE ADMINISTRATOR turns to adress the rabble loitering about the trade depot "As for the rest of you. break's over!, if your quotas fall behind again i will not hesitate to inform the guard...Except you OLD COOT, you can take your time, i will relish seeing you hammered when those swords fail to arrive in the coffers!"

*The gathered dwarves grumble and shuffle back into the mountainside,THE ADMINISTRATOR among them, OLD COOT waits for everyone else to leave before heading in,leaving his unfishied mug next to his rocking chair. he moves at a snails pace.*

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 01:57:00 am »

Oddom grabs the unfinished mug, not wanting to waste a perfectly good drink.
"Well... I was actually thinkin' the same thing. We can get some more information about the general area from people who live closer that way!"
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 02:06:00 am »

New scene: Switchbacks overlooking the forest of stumps, a short ways away from the trade depot.
Description: The road from the trade depot leads to THE WAGON, the road continues down at least a dozen switchbacks before getting lost amid the forest a great distance away. THE WAGON has 2 oxen at its head, and it rests on a perilous slope, a simple wedge keeps the wagon from embarking. NEK sleeps inside. The rest of the expedition remains by the trade depot at the moment and  even the mad dwarf's babbling has since ceased.

KED, Miner: *The trade depot may contain many valubles inside its bins, it would be a prime target for an unscrupulous pilferer. (Roll vrs Greed 12= 11! Sucess) The temptation remains but caution wins out this time.*

Bonestreaked, Huntingdog: (Roll vrs Per.8= 10! Failure) *Bonestreaked freezes for a moment, as if suspicious of some distant noise, then returns to wagging its tail.*

NEK, Fisher: (Roll vrs Per.10 at -4 (asleep!)= 16! FAIL *Nek continues sleeping, warm against the bitter winter wind outside.*

*THE WAGON is mostly loaded, and awaits only Oddom's command before embarking.It is Winter now, but Spring will arrive soon, The journey should take about a week assuming good weather, Zagithid Sholkiknoksam Neshast awaits!.*

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 02:36:00 am »

"Ok, one last role call, and then we're off! Grrrr.... where in armok's name is Nek... is that stupid fisherdwarf sleeping again?"

[ December 04, 2007: Message edited by: Reign on your Parade ]

ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Rictus

• Bay Watcher
  • still hasn't found any adamantine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 11:33:00 am »

Olin swung his pack up high onto his shoulder and trailed after the wagon, trying hard to keep up with the more methodical plodding of the oxen.  His haste caused his essentials to jangle, and he made quite a racket as he bounced after the wagon, but nobody said anything.

OOC: I'll do my best to keep up, but I can't always check on a daily basis, especially if there are many, many posts to read through.  Assume I'm in the background, picking my nails and feel free to use my char once I've put a char sheet for him.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 06:55:00 pm »

"Ok, we're leaving now"

This post is really a bump...

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 04:12:00 am »

*At Oddom's call, the rest of the dwarves walk over to the back of the wagon and finish loading up their belongings, During this time,a theiving KOBOLD is revealed by Ked's cat's hissing. The KOBOLD runs for it,and the KOBLOD runs out into plain view past the wagon, he begins running down the switchbacks and the cat runs under the wagon to safety.the wardog is sniffing about in the wrong direction. The KOBOLD seems encumbered by the loot he is making away with, and only makes it 8 yards away from the dwarves* Protect your horde form theiving filth!

Options: A:chase after the KOBOLD, his move is 4, and most of your moves are 4 thats 4 yards per second.
         B: if you have a hunting dog you can order the attack!
        C: if you have a cat you can order the attack! but it wont work
         D you can flee! the kobold is making away with what appears to be at least 6 bottles and a tent.
         E:Hide! better be carefull where there's one kobold theres many.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 06:45:00 pm »

C&E!

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »

*Oddom ducks his head under the wagon and cowers next to the wagon wheel, but there is another KOBOLD2 there, 2 yards away under the other end of the WAGON. Oddom calls for help from his cat, but only a distant meow is heard. The KOBOLD2 under the WAGON yelps in surprise and pulls a large knife and menaces Oddom with it. Bonesteaked, the huntingdog notices the commotion and ducks under the WAGON, interposing himself between the kobold and Oddom. The rest of the dwarves stand slackjawed at the sudden appearance of enemies, one second has passed and the KOBOLD with the loot makes it further down the switchback.*

(those sneaky kobolds attacked during finals week! dont worry folks no pressure. Also Thikut i forgot to answer your question about bolts, you start off with 20 metal ones for free, and they are recoverable so i wouldent worry about it, but more are 2$ each or you can get 20 wooden or bone ones for 2$ for 20)

Mud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2007, 08:13:00 pm »

As she orders Bonestreaked to attack the fleeing theif, Thikut redies her bow and prepares to fire on the nearby kobold. She knows she might only get one shot, so she takes her time to aim carefully.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2007, 09:06:00 pm »

Sorry if this interrupts the long string of gameplay posts, but this is lookin' cool. I would join, but I'd forget to check it often.   ;)

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2007, 09:11:00 pm »

Oddom picks up some medium sized rocks, prepared to throw them right away if Thikut's bolt misses.

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 12:23:00 am »

combat second 3

*The KOBOLD2 under the WAGON slashes violently at bonestreaked (Roll vrs Knife 12 at -2 (kneeling!)=13! Failure).

Bonestreaked growls and snaps at KOBOLD2 but obeys its master's order and turns to chase KOBOLD.

KOBOLD makes it another 4 yards down the switchback and is nearly to the turn, he is 16 yards from the wagon.

Always ready for anything, Thikut, drops prone to get a clear shot at KOBOLD2 and aims the crossbow straight at it. (if you fire next turn you get +5 for aiming and bracing, and -1 for range (3yards))

Oddom picks at the road, freeing a cracked cobblestone and readying it it one hand, it is about the size of a skull.

The rest of the dwarves jump back from the wagon, to protect their feet from any slashes from KOBOLD2*

(Hey helmaroc, just pick a character noone has taken yet or make your own. If you give me permission to use your guy ill have him do stuff if you dont post right away. so its not problem if you cant post often i only get like 1 in anyways a day if im not busy.)

Mud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 01:43:00 pm »

Satisfied that she's got a good chance of hitting the nearby kobold, Thikut looses her bolt at the nearby kobold and prepares to reload.

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2007, 12:00:00 am »

Thikut fires the bolt (roll vrs crossbow 13(+1 braced, +3 aimed)= 4! Critical hit! Thikut deals (thr+4) 8 damage, 8 damage is dealth to (hit location = 11! Groin!) bolts are impaling(piercing) damage so it is doubled!.KOBOLD2 is run through! KOBOLD2 (roll vrs HT 10(-5 magor wound) =13! Knockdown and stunned! KOBOLD2 is at negative hp (roll vrs HT 10) = 11! Passes out.

*Thikut fires her bolt directly into the kneeling kobold's groin, the kobold lets out a short high pitched squeek before falling backward clutching its groin and passing out in a rapidly growing pool of blood* Thikut begins reloading as Bonestreaked quickly gains on the fleeing other kobold.*

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15