Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: The RPG  (Read 8347 times)

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: The RPG
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2007, 01:48:00 am »

Seeing as Kobold2 is incapacitated, Oddom throws the rock at the fleeing kobold1.
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2007, 03:14:00 am »

Combat second 4 and 5 and 6

Oddom crawls from below the wagon, lines up a shot and hurls the stone high...   The KOBOLD keeps running, but turns back to see his worst fear  behind him, a savage dog carreling down at him. He dumps the goods and sprints to the nearest switchback cliff, surely to climb to safety, but as he dashes for the cliff his left leg is battered by a large rock and he can only limp too slowly to escape the wardog.

KOBOLD turns to face the dog, and pulls its large knife desperatly in a reverse grip to fend off the dog. Bonestreaked reaches him and leaps straight for his throat, but the KOBOLD dodges sideways and back, while slashing with its knife along Bonestreaked's flank, drawing blood that splatters on the smoothed out road. Bonestreaked turns to face off the KOBOLD, While it cautiously backs up towards the cliff edge.

By this time Thikut can once again fire the crossbow

Oddom does not hesitate, and crawls out from under the wagon to hurl his stone at the remaining fleeing KOBOLD, (roll vrs DX10(-6 20yard range,+1 determined,+3 aimed)= 8! lucky hit!) (hit location = 13 left leg) (damage (thr+1 = 3 damage) In the left leg for 3 damage. It is Battered!

KOBOLD takes a wait maneuvre and the dog All out attacks: determined The Kobold retreating dodges and uses up fatuige reserve (Dodge8 (+3 retreating +2fatuige)= 12! Dodged!) his wait goes off and he slashes (Knife12 = 10! Hit!) for (thr-2=2 x1.5 = 3 slashing!) Bonestreaked is cut!. then KOBOLD all out defences and Bonestreaked evaluates the KOBOLD

Thikut stands,cocks and draws a bolt and loads the cocked crossbow by now.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 03:51:00 am »

Woohoo! I actually hit!
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Mud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 08:17:00 pm »

"Say back! Hold him at bay, Bonestreaked!" Thikut yells, while she gets into position and aims directly at the fleeing kobold, ready to fire as soon as she's aimed. "Everyone! After that one! You, with the axe, come on now! We've still got a chance to stop him!"

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2007, 04:09:00 pm »

*Thikut raims at the KOBOLD and her bolt strikes his left arm, breaking it and making the KOBOLD drop down stunned in pain, straight off the cliff face, he collides with an obstacle and blows apart.*

The kobolds left 2 bronze large knives and 2 bloody tunics.

*The group quickly gathers up the stolen gear, and pulls the wedge from the wheel to start the expedition rolling. A collective sigh of relief is shared as the wagon embarks on their journey, down the many switchbacks and towrds the distant horizon.*

(Crossbow13(+3 aim +1 Determined, -6 range)=8! Hit!) 4 damage to left arm
KOBOLD (Dodge 8 +2 defensive stance = 12 Fail) It is Broken! Kobold falls down stunned.

(the next post will be once you camp for the night so anything between now and then post away!,)

Mud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 10:31:00 am »

Thikut calls over Bonestreaked and attempts to bandage his cut, then applies FIRST AID for an attempt to restore him to full health.

"Hrm. An attack by ragged mongrels before the wagon's even set out? This doesn't bode well for the journey." Thikut tugs on her beard as she surveys the landscape. "It seems unlikely there were just two, either. Some must have gotten away while we were fighting. Well, at least there's something to show for it. These'll fetch some silver for me."

Thikut picks up both the bronze knives, claiming them as payment for her protection, then moves to recover her bolts. Shortly after, she approaches Oddom as the march begins.

"You need to set up watches before something like this happens again. I'm just a dwarf with a crossbow and a hound; I can't protect this entire expedition." As she speaks, she shows one of the knives on her belt. "We should have three watches going through the night, two with a pair of armed dwarves, and one with me and Bonestreaked. I'll donate this knife to the watch if you manage to set it up."

There's a couple things I've noticed now: one, the expedition has no name, and it's missing some useful professions.

For the first, Oddom should either just name it or give some options for players to vote on, (I'd name it "The Council of Free Mines",) and for the second it might be nice to have a few NPC dwarves to help out. There's no growers, masons or craftsdwarves, and if no one's going to take those jobs then NPCs might not be a bad idea. Of course, there's other ways to get around that problem besides NPCs, so it's up to you.

Also, just go ahead and roll me for hunting whenever possible. Oh, and does my dog eat?

[ December 16, 2007: Message edited by: Mud ]

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2007, 05:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Unknown:
<STRONG>
(Hey helmaroc, just pick a character noone has taken yet or make your own. If you give me permission to use your guy ill have him do stuff if you dont post right away. so its not problem if you cant post often i only get like 1 in anyways a day if im not busy.)</STRONG>

Alrighty then, I'll take the hunter ( I don't think he's taken but if he is I'll be a laborer). Sure you can use him, if I take a while to post during an important situation. But if it's a life or death situation, I'm sure I'll get to it soon. Thanks!

[ December 16, 2007: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2007, 09:01:00 pm »

Helmaroc, a traveler and skilled hunter was exploring the lands the party is travelling through, then he senses commotion in the distance. He hears kobold screeches, and runs to the source of the terrible sound. When he arrives, he sees other dwarves regrouping after what looks like an attack. He sees the wagon and the supplies, then comes to the conclusion they are travelling to build a fortress. Helmaroc, having no home , requests if he may join or aid the party.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2007, 09:26:00 pm »

Hmm... yes, we do need a name. I'll ask for suggestions the next time we stop and decide on one. A watch would be smart too... (Yeah, we are missing some professions, but I think we'll manage, Losing is fun!)

But... but... wouldn't that contradict the time honored tradition of 7 founders for each fort?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2007, 01:00:00 pm »

"Hmm... you are right. I've got it! I know immigrants often come to join new fortresses, and I am busy right now anyway, so I shall check the news and make certain to join the next immigrating party! But perhaps I could at least join you untill you get to the site, then I will leave and rejoin later as I have stated.

If you go far enough to get immigrants, I will take the next hunter or crossbowman. Sorry, didn't notice all were taken. Maybe he could just come until it is founded, and later join. Will that work?

[ December 23, 2007: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2007, 02:54:00 pm »

((Or, really, you just need to offer a reason to break the tradition.))

Oddom nods "That sounds like it should work... what's with that tradition anyways? Wouldn't it be better to send lots of people with lots of skills?"

Fenrir

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2007, 10:25:00 am »

If this is still going, I might like to join. I'm a total n00b that skimmed the rules. I'll reference back to the rules should I need them.
I've already got a character in mind, but I need a little help.

[ December 24, 2007: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2007, 10:58:00 am »

I'd like to join... but i would like to be some sort of noble... he got lost or something. To add a little comedy and stuff. :P But i have no idea how to GURPs system works... so ill need help.

Fenrir

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2007, 11:31:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Nilocy:
<STRONG>I'd like to join... but i would like to be some sort of noble... he got lost or something. To add a little comedy and stuff. :P But i have no idea how to GURPs system works... so ill need help.</STRONG>

Did ye read the GURPS Lite rules? There's a link in the first post.

Fenrir

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2007, 02:56:00 pm »

It would seem that this thread is dead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15