Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Immigration Not Working  (Read 810 times)

CancerousCthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Immigration Not Working
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:39:25 pm »

So, this past year I received no migrants, and no notice of this (the message that says "the fort failed to attract any migrants this year"). Any reason why that would be?
Guys I don't think we want to mess with using dwarves as fusion material here. Be careful.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration Not Working
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 09:56:23 pm »

Your civ might be dead. Check the (c) screen and see if the dwarf civ has any leaders, if not, you will only ever get 2 migrant waves.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 07:28:54 am »

You didn't spend that time under siege, did you? Sieges prevent migration and caravans.

CancerousCthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 08:49:14 am »

Your civ might be dead. Check the (c) screen and see if the dwarf civ has any leaders, if not, you will only ever get 2 migrant waves.

Nope, I have the full list of leaders, including the king, an Elven Woodcutter. I think this is about as good as an elven king can get.

You didn't spend that time under siege, did you? Sieges prevent migration and caravans.

Nope, no sieges yet either. I even got a dwarven caravan, it's just that no migrants showed up, and there was no message telling me that.
Guys I don't think we want to mess with using dwarves as fusion material here. Be careful.

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:13:26 am »

And you're sure you haven't reached your pop cap?

jimy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 10:35:00 am »

Export goods.
The mountain home needs mugs and they pay with souls.

CancerousCthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 10:54:06 am »

Well, this is a rather odd situation. My civilization has leaders, I get caravans, I export loads of wealth each year thanks to a master chef and an abundance of quarry bushes, and this year I did get the formal message of "The fortress attracted no migrants this season." What is this? I want to have more than 25(now 24 thanks to a werepangolin that caught my woodcutter with his pants down) dwarves. There's truly no reason that I can see for not getting migrants.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 06:05:37 pm »

It might have something to do with the Elf King.

Also, if you think an Elf Woodcutter is the best an Elf King can get (Elf woodcutter is still awesome, though), go google Camcame. :P
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:11:31 am by LordBrassroast »