Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: What's the last funny/random/utterly absurd moment that happened in a game?  (Read 17433 times)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unturned

Managed to get the Accident Prone achievement (10 deaths)

I drowned.
Drowning in Unturned requires about the same level of carelessness as drowning in Half Life 2.

So yeah, I'm definitely accident prone.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Civ V

Researched artillery the same turn we conquered our last target for it...

Time to actually build a navy I suppose >.<
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

Streaming Skyrim with a friend, I had completed the siege in Whiterun. Baalgruf and Irileth were on top of a wall, saying what a good job we'd done, when I just decided to Fus Ro Dah them both off of the battlements. They ragdolled and went flying a good ways outside the city, and all the soldiers just stood there like nothing at all had happened... until Bagruuff and Irileth came storming back in through the gate, none the worse for having been tossed twenty feet in the air. Time to reload a save.

They remembered. They were still mad at me, even after I reloaded the save, and no amount of console-command buggery could calm them down. I was about ready to just leave the scene and make a note to never come back to Whiterun when the problem apparently fixed itself, after several minutes of tinkering and laughing hysterically.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica

I broke Planetside 2.

I was driving a lightning tank when suddenly, a Magrider appears!
Oh crap, I thought, and I started driving away while it fired at me. It took my tank down to a sliver of health, so to save myself, I ejected.

It turns out that Indar is not as solid as it looks, because I ejected just after I hit a bump that rolled my tank over, catapulting me through the ground.
"Suicide. Stop Killing yourself."
I laughed.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Ah, PS2. I loved that game and still keep up on what's going on with it but since leaving for college I've been stuck with a laptop that couldn't run it at literal PowerPoint framerates without exploding.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I know that feeling. I play under those conditions if playing in a squad with my siblings. I'm surprised I can even get the occasional kill.

As for a recent moment, are you familiar with the old saying "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."? Well, some poor grunt apparently didn't and got killed by an opening door. A Star Trek/Star Wars-style opening door. Killed by that, I land a shot on his partner that was just behind them, taking him out, and his 'final shot' moment came, and he misses, gibbing the poor guy in between us.

Quake 2: The Reckoning
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:49:24 pm by Itnetlolor »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile

Apparently, a corpmate got tired of having a guy who logs out in the corp apartment blow up due to the simulators occasionally causing explosions, so he tried to grab and  push him into another room.

The logged off person kicked him in the nuts for his troubles, causing the guy to pass out.

InfernoMOO
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Terraria's Gravity Globe, for all its worth, is a really funny thing to give to new people.

how do i use this thing

w

WAIT I'M FALLING UP HOW DO I STOP THIS

you cant

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Look at it this way: Free achievement.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]