Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: King of Dragon Pass- Now on Steam  (Read 2204 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
King of Dragon Pass- Now on Steam
« on: August 04, 2015, 09:34:50 pm »

There didn't seem to be a thread on King of Dragon Pass but its one brought up a lot by people in this forum, and I didn't know where to ask this question anyway.

Since King of Dragon Pass was released on Steam this week, I was wondering whether or not to pick it up from there (I've been wanting to grab this game for a while). From what I've read about it, this version has a lot of new events added but a few minor performance issues. Does anyone know whether its worth the 12 bucks for the new content or is getting the normal version from GOG or somewhere else better?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/352220/

Thanks!
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of Dragon Pass- Now on Steam
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 12:41:23 am »

KoDP has been updated on mobile lately. The GoG one is really, really old. I haven't played the Steam version, but it's supposed to basically be the mobile version but for PC.

As for whether it's that different, I don't particularly think so, but maybe someone else can weigh in. The Steam one has a "less punishing economy", though.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 12:58:25 am »

KoDP has been updated on mobile lately. The GoG one is really, really old. I haven't played the Steam version, but it's supposed to basically be the mobile version but for PC.

As for whether it's that different, I don't particularly think so, but maybe someone else can weigh in. The Steam one has a "less punishing economy", though.
There's a little bit of information on their blog. Seems like it's mostly graphical improvements with a sprinkling of new content like more advisors.

I'm interested so far. Little disappointed that the GOG version isn't going to receive any love. Also sucks that the mobile version is restricted to iOS peasants. Might pick it up when it has a sale.

EDIT: Apparently it's on Android as well. When did this happen?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:03:55 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 05:11:36 am »

From reading the linked blog thing, so apparently there are much more version of KotDP than i thought
- the PC version (can be found on GOG nowadays) that i knew and enjoyed
- the android version that have much more scenes than the PC version
- the iOS version that have more scenes than the android version

and now there's that steam version that is basically the android version for PC, but does not have the extra scenes from the iOS version.

having no android/ios thingy and not wanting to use steam, i hope they'll put the new version on GOG at some point.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 08:44:19 am »

having no android/ios thingy and not wanting to use steam, i hope they'll put the new version on GOG at some point.

They probably will but Gog is really slow with these sort of things.  It took them forever to update Rise of the Triad and that was just a patch.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 09:03:35 am »

From reading the linked blog thing, so apparently there are much more version of KotDP than i thought
- the PC version (can be found on GOG nowadays) that i knew and enjoyed
- the android version that have much more scenes than the PC version
- the iOS version that have more scenes than the android version

and now there's that steam version that is basically the android version for PC, but does not have the extra scenes from the iOS version.

In the game's steam forum, the devs stated that they will port the iOS scenes to PC as well, but we'll have to see if that happens.

The problem with the GOG version is that they lost the source code for that one, so I don't know how they'd even update it short of completely replacing it with the new PC version.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 09:45:19 am »

Well Seven Kingdoms 2 got replaced by the HD version on GoG free of charge.
Might be the same case with Dragon Pass.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 04:08:38 pm »

So I'm playing this on the android version (off topic perhaps, I know), and I just went on my first raid. I'm on the Preparation screen (select Magic, Objective, Tactics, etc) but there's no button to move forward. What's the deal here?