Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AutoReiv [10x10(x2)] graphic set [0.40.24]  (Read 34826 times)

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AutoReiv [10x10(x2)] graphic set [0.40.24]
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 11:44:52 pm »

Any plans for this to ever get updated?

AutoReiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 03:11:34 pm »

Though it was an acquired taste for me, I really like this set! Great work, the aesthetic is lovely.

To those who have difficulty reading the font at a glance in menus and such, using Taffer's set as the font with TWBT works surprisingly well.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm gonna try to work on legibility next time I put some time in. Good advice using Taffer's set for fonts too.

Any plans for this to ever get updated?
I will. However, I only have sporadic opportunities to set some time aside for it. But an update is in the works and on it's way, just hang in there!

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 07:11:35 pm »

I will. However, I only have sporadic opportunities to set some time aside for it. But an update is in the works and on it's way, just hang in there!

That's amazing! Very much so looking forward to it!

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 08:20:54 am »

I recently got Pyxel Edit, can I maybe do some 'suggestions' for graphic tiles? :]

AutoReiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 09:11:33 am »

Sure! Fire away!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2016, 11:34:39 am »

Is it okay to include your graphics pack in Lazy Newb Packs?

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 04:56:15 pm »

Is it okay to include your graphics pack in Lazy Newb Packs?

Awesome! I - by now officially biggest fan of this pack I reckon - asked this of Peridexiserrant already. He said he'd like the pack to have better graphics support first. I hope it gets in though, this pack deserves more appreciation!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 12:31:39 am »

Awesome! I - by now officially biggest fan of this pack I reckon - asked this of Peridexiserrant already. He said he'd like the pack to have better graphics support first. I hope it gets in though, this pack deserves more appreciation!
[/quote]

I guess he thinks that ASCII tilesets probably don't belong in a pack designed for noobs. He probably wants to make it easy for users to pick out a graphics pack that won't look too confusing to them. Maybe that's the better way to do it. Do most people using ASCII graphics packs already know how to install their own graphics pack?

Maybe the graphics pack tab could have categories. By default it shows the "recommended for noobs" tilesets, but then with a drop-down menu you could change it to categories such as "all", "ASCII", and "graphics".

AutoReiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 07:09:52 am »

I guess he thinks that ASCII tilesets probably don't belong in a pack designed for noobs. He probably wants to make it easy for users to pick out a graphics pack that won't look too confusing to them. Maybe that's the better way to do it. Do most people using ASCII graphics packs already know how to install their own graphics pack?

Maybe the graphics pack tab could have categories. By default it shows the "recommended for noobs" tilesets, but then with a drop-down menu you could change it to categories such as "all", "ASCII", and "graphics".

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot to me!

I was contacted by PeridexisErrant two months ago. He asked me if I wanted to join the Dwarf Fortress graphic repo on GitHub, which I did of course. I expressed my wish to be included in a future version of the LNP. I also asked what would be needed of my set at that point.

I have made a few additions, and some minor alterations (most notably to the main tile set for legibility), and I want to wrap that up, have a nice and tidy set, slap a "v1" on it, and push it to the repo. Hopefully that'll be good enough.

I've also decided to limit the set to 20x20. I still work on it as 10x10, but it will be compiled as 20x20. File size is a limitation that PE needs to be mindful of, and I understand that. So by not including 4 versions of every sheet I help with that. I'll probably upload the 10x10 to dffd though, in case someone with a shitty monitor (like me) needs the lower res version.

And like always, I'm sorry for the slow pace here. I'm only able to work on this between other stuff. But I'm still here, and the set is moving in the right direction!

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2016, 01:15:44 pm »

Nice! Thanks for the update.

Keep on keeping on ;]

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2017, 09:35:26 am »

This set looks very nice, but are there any plans to update it in the future?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 10:02:56 am by rmblr »

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2022, 04:14:50 am »

I still think about this one sometimes :')

Fereval

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2023, 09:40:51 am »

just wanted to express this is a lovely tileset : )
Pages: 1 [2]