Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER SCUM VICTORY!  (Read 44880 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 3 - Ben Drowned
« Reply #420 on: September 02, 2015, 04:09:51 am »

Tiruin's not going to like me for pointing this out, but not being able to be tracked is only a useful ability if you've got something to hide. If that's a fullclaim like she says then she's accidentally admitting to being scum. An immunity to tracking only makes sense if you have an active ability and unless I'm misreading she's claimed two autos.

Deus, one thing that raises small alarm bells is that your power appears to be a straight up cop ability. We've seen from the flips that other cops have a nerfed version. Do you mind explaining a bit more about how yours works?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 02, 2015, 12:37:31 pm »

Quickpost before I get to a more stable connection (and everything else like my notes -_- ).

Tiruin's not going to like me for pointing this out, but not being able to be tracked is only a useful ability if you've got something to hide. If that's a fullclaim like she says then she's accidentally admitting to being scum. An immunity to tracking only makes sense if you have an active ability and unless I'm misreading she's claimed two autos.
It's not that 'I don't like you for pointing 'this out'', if I've to ever assume your point (which is very hard to do because its as if your 'not going to like me for pointing this out = this is reasonably what is happening').

It's more 'I don't like how you're utilizing conventional logic in a skewed fashion [skewed = one way out of the many ways of branching paths] in a way that parallels your idea of 'Tirry is scoom', minus all other methods of rationalizing the context which is furthermore exacerbated by how you phrase your ideas, word your adjectives, add diction to your verbs, and limit your scope of meaning.' NQT
This has been a pattern you've had since Day 1 in varying amounts (ie that one representation of others players IN OTHER GAMES in a previous meta-statement? It's one example--but a prominent one...given the context of that one post)

Is that all you can point out?
What is your backing context in this, NQT?
You speak as if this is no conjunction--but a conclusive feat of data. Thus so in a deeper setting when you turn it into a wording bias. Those subtle indices of how you word something--following the essence or meaning of your post--do not speak well to me due to this nature of...versimilitude.

...Even if you suspect me merely on grounds of skepticism or 'this person may be scum', your backing and follow up lack a lot, in that it doesn't give a holistic enough idea to believe, when I look in depth at it (which biases my outlook to those you interact with -_-). While I'm aware [now...] of this...Seriously dude. I've seen you pull much more...aesthetically complex variants of receiving ideas from people you communicate with. Why am I primarily getting the idea that you're using superficiality with me? -.- Unless...that's your new schemata for these days ._.

But back to seriousness: Yes you're misreading.
Unless you assume that 'untrackable' = Auto.
Sharpen your point please. :-\
The attitude reminds me of a historical battle I've read--wherein in the surrender of an opposing army in a valley or mountain pass, the victorious officer, unsure of what to do with the survivors, asked his superior--who replied either with a 'spare no man' or 'spare them all'. Yet the middle option was chosen. :-\ Which I feel is being reflected in your attitude here. A bag of mixed signals.

Deus, one thing that raises small alarm bells is that your power appears to be a straight up cop ability. We've seen from the flips that other cops have a nerfed version. Do you mind explaining a bit more about how yours works?
Does that pertain to seminal data? As in what 'other flips in other BYORs' mean?
Have you asked the most pertinent source (ie The GM, ZU) if his basis is similar to the other BYORs in any pertinent fashion?
In my perspective--taking this game as is, as well as comparison of what powers exist as is is better than cross-comparison to other games.
When did the idea of questioning Deus in-quote pop up in your thoughts? Have you been planning it the whole day and retroactively acted as-if in order to see if others poke him?

[Also if anyone asks--I did not act N1 due to..not being there to act N1 -.- I believe some few have checked my profile during that time--or at least I assume people did...because if ever this kind of statement is nudged at me, I will not answer as I won't be able to say anything towards it o_O My best answer would be 'due to RL' but I don't want to use that as my defense. ...It's my only defense.]

@Teneb: Other than the notes I posted in my prior...posts, could I ask here, if you considered that I had thought about that, and that ZU displays all votes in particular [so as not to confirm or deny any abilities or so?]
I honestly did not ask ZU about that certain mechanic [and assumed that my vote would not show...yeah >.>], but that thought popped to me as soon as I saw the votecount [along with 'maybe someone stole or wiped my auto?']

Thus far, however, the massclaim has given a certain index:

Jack: What is NQT referring to here? Given that he's talking to you--which you've given no indication of being blocked today beforehand?
. . .
Also, Persus? ...I'm missing something here, aren't I?

@DA: Reasons behind the inspections please? One major thing in me voting you is that lack of detail. It's a pivotal point--why wasn't the backing presented?
@NQT: Why haven't you asked DA that? :V [...or anyone else doing so?]

Still a bit lost with certain details. Rereading back...hope the day didn't end yet -.- Please extend. If we're inferring 3 scum--we're at LYLO with 4 town.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 02, 2015, 12:48:12 pm »

Quick post:
Extend.

Tiruin: You may want to familiarize yourself with Day 2.  The stuff I've claimed about my role so far is in there: I had a one-shot power to reveal someone's picture, and my other power is a heavily nerfed version of a common power.  I tried to reveal NQT's picture N1, but was randomized (by NQT, apparently) to Persus and, at the same time, blocked by someone else.  I then, as flabort requested, revealed flabort's picture N2 (you can see it in the D3 opening, separate from his flip).

I'm not sure I understand why you targeted NQT.  You suspected him, so you...decided to see who else targeted him?  Can you link your action and your reasons for taking said action?  What did you expect to learn about NQT's alignment from his visitors?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 02, 2015, 12:52:53 pm »

QUickreply (hooray I can reply!):
I'm not sure I understand why you targeted NQT.  You suspected him, so you...decided to see who else targeted him?  Can you link your action and your reasons for taking said action?  What did you expect to learn about NQT's alignment from his visitors?
...Honestly, it was the 'must send this now or else I won't be able to connect' decisions wherein the first idea that came to mind is what I went with--despite thinking about the game beforehand, NQT was the idea that popped up and me tracking him sounded, or rather 'felt' best at that time.

...In hindsight, I wasn't thinking that rationally considering what I'm thinking now (and currently forget why I did so at this time--I'll recall it later)...but I do remember that it was something off on him which is why I wanted to watch him and see if others targeted him. I think it was his pattern-attitude I talked about in my last post which attracted my attention (and my vote-on-him-D2 which I didn't move since I wasn't there >_>)

Also links are in the spoiler--which did not cover you claiming or stuff like that--which is solely based on D3 posts.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 02, 2015, 12:55:36 pm »

EBWOP: I think I misplaced my 'watch' and 'track' in some words there--I'm an untraceable watcher, not how I worded it on the spoiler: Wolfie watches the target and reports who visited them. "I" will not visit them according to trackers.
Paraphrased of my ability.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 02, 2015, 01:02:11 pm »

Tiruin: Another question: N1 results, aside from someone messing with your auto?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 02, 2015, 01:04:15 pm »

EBWOP: Strike that question.  Missed the little note in your quickpost, sorry.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 02, 2015, 01:32:18 pm »

I'm fine with an extend, since people are talking about stuff. Can we get a poke on FoU as well, since he hasn't said anything today?

NQT, My inspect is standard, but I have a pair of hindering autos. That first is that I die if a town player that I've inspected gets lynched. The second is somewhat more annoying, but the scum team would benefit more from knowing it than you would at the moment.

Tiruin, I inspected NQT because I wanted to be certain about my thoughts that he was town. Besides, like I said before, he was just asking to get inspected with that gambit. Teneb was chosen due to my previously stated belief that at least one member of the scum team tends towards the least active end of the player spectrum and his lack of any real case so far.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 02, 2015, 01:36:26 pm »

There is something that's starting to bug me about all of this:

I was both randomized and blocked N1, when using my testing power (revealed D2 to be a picture reveal) on NQT.  There was a complete lack of public opposition to the test.  Nobody had a motive to mess with my test other than NQT and scum (and considering the complete lack of any signs of an SK, I'm calling the scumteam), and NQT did the randomize.  It would be awfully redundant for the scumteam to use two different actions (out of their limited resources) to stop my one action, and I don't see anyone else who would want to stop me (no motive for survivor, for example).

So, someone on the scumteam was almost certainly my blocker, and NQT's probably not on the scumteam.

NQT says the flavour of Teneb's block was very distinctive.  The block on me was...not.  This may indicate that they are two different block powers.  Scumteam seems unlikely to have two blocks, which is a point in Teneb's favour (possibly)...but, on the other hand, I'm doubtful of the balance of this game.  (For context: my other, unclaimed power?  It's a protect, but if I use it, I have a chance of dying randomly.  I'm not making this up.)  Also, I'm not seeing any time with two blocks in one night.

So, the big question, at least for me, is this:
[...]THEN WHO WAS BLOCK?

NQT: What was the flavour of Teneb's block?
Teneb: What is the flavour of your block?
Everyone: Was anyone other than NQT blocked N2?  Was anyone other than me blocked N1?
zombie urist: How consistent do you make action flavour in this game?  Would two people blocked with the same block receive very similar block flavour?

PPE:
Deus: How did my whole thing D1 with my claims and decision to target NQT with something affect your decision to inspect him, if at all?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 02, 2015, 01:42:06 pm »

Extend. A cable here is probably damaged and I'm having trouble finding where, so internet has been unreliable. In fact, connection went down twice while trying to post this.

Jack, I link a music video to the target. If you are wondering what I self-targeted with, it does nothing other than "unlocking" my block power. I guess it's sort of a self-block, in a way.

pfp
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 02, 2015, 01:51:35 pm »

Tiruin, I inspected NQT because I wanted to be certain about my thoughts that he was town. Besides, like I said before, he was just asking to get inspected with that gambit. Teneb was chosen due to my previously stated belief that at least one member of the scum team tends towards the least active end of the player spectrum and his lack of any real case so far.
<_<
>_>

I dislike that belief as solid backing because it feels like a support made from hard sand. It's nice and shiny though, but the pebbles don't add up. Though I can understand the thing with NQT [or you two are scum and then play the cop card to confirm endgame--please understand my skepticism if you really are town instead :v]

What makes that belief credible in this situation? Or in the general situation? Statistics? Those require context to work [and as a future trainee in psychometrics--yeah they totally do. :P ]

...He had a case on me yesterday. I find it reasonable (albeit lacking in a follow-up, though I still find it reasonable that he could've missed that kind of input to ZU himself)

PPE ooo something from Jack. Will read when not x_x

Everyone: Was anyone other than NQT blocked N2?  Was anyone other than me blocked N1?
Not me :P

zombie urist: How consistent do you make action flavour in this game?  Would two people blocked with the same block receive very similar block flavour?
He does it in brevity. :P [Just joking ZU--I'm being mean >_> Sorry] But yeah--his action flavor is concise and to the point. ...Though the second question is interesting--I believe the block will be flavored as to how the actor is [ie My flavor is wolfie did it--but nobody knows since I'm unwatcheable...trackable. Wolfie did it. :v]

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 02, 2015, 02:07:33 pm »

One more question:
NQT: How exactly does the randomize you used on me N1 work?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 02, 2015, 03:14:48 pm »

Tiruin:
<_<
>_>

I dislike that belief as solid backing because it feels like a support made from hard sand. It's nice and shiny though, but the pebbles don't add up. Though I can understand the thing with NQT [or you two are scum and then play the cop card to confirm endgame--please understand my skepticism if you really are town instead :v]

What makes that belief credible in this situation? Or in the general situation? Statistics? Those require context to work [and as a future trainee in psychometrics--yeah they totally do. :P ]
I guess I don't really understand the question here. I don't have empirical evidence about how often the lowest posting player(s) are scum, just my own observations that it's tended to be the case in what games I've played. If you're saying that it's not solid backing for me inspecting him last night (as in, I'm making it up to back my claim) I mentioned it as a reason for being suspicious of him yesterday:
at least one of Teneb, Tiruin or TDS

This appears to parrot other people's (especially Jack's) suspicions. It's also a list of all the less-active people. Why do you think one of me, Teneb, or Tiruin are scum?
Because in my experience, at least one member of the scum team always seems to be one of the least active players in the game. Hence I'd say it's a decent bet that one of you three are scum.

Jack, I wasn't blocked either night. I figured that inspecting NQT was a reasonable gamble with you targeting him with an unknown power. The worst case as far as I could see was you killing him and me wasting a night inspecting a dead guy, while the best case was him turning up scum for me and you claiming he was town, in which case I'd have known two members of the scum team. Regardless of that, you implying an inspect/kill meant that you were the most likely to get interfered with by the scum team, so I thought that a backup inspect would be useful.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 02, 2015, 03:47:02 pm »

Flavor in general is very generic, but some actions might have a set flavor.

FallacyofUrist will be prodded.

Day extended to Thurs September 3rd 9 PM PST.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 02, 2015, 04:06:25 pm »

Flavor in general is very generic, but some actions might have a set flavor.
Well, that's useful.

Teneb: Ask zombie urist whether your block has such set flavour.

Got clarification regarding my protect: turns out it only has a chance to kill me if I protect an NK target.  So, it isn't absolutely abysmal, just merely a weakened version of an already weak power
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31