Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER SCUM VICTORY!  (Read 44875 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 3 - Ben Drowned
« Reply #435 on: September 02, 2015, 04:18:20 pm »

Teneb: Ask zombie urist whether your block has such set flavour.
It does. It's even in the description of the power.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 02, 2015, 04:52:47 pm »

I can confirm that I was linked a music video when I was blocked. That was the distinctive part of it. Teneb (or, less likely, someone on Teneb's team) definitely blocked me.

Jack, my randomise just picked a new random target for you, one that you're informed about. (Scum team don't need to know whether it's an active power or an auto).

Tiruin, I misunderstood you initially when you send what your power was. So your active ability is watching... who did you watch N1?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 02, 2015, 05:00:05 pm »

Jack, my randomise just picked a new random target for you, one that you're informed about. (Scum team don't need to know whether it's an active power or an auto).
NQT: Town does need to know that, though.  Deus claimed to have inspected you N1.  An auto would imply quite some things about his cop claim.  Is your randomize an auto, or an active power?  Exactly how does it work?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 02, 2015, 05:10:26 pm »

OK I can see why that would be. It's an active randomise. This is pretty obvious as Teneb was able to target me (and Tiruin claims to have done so as well). Deus' power claim makes sense.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 02, 2015, 10:30:48 pm »

Everyone: Was anyone other than NQT blocked N2?  Was anyone other than me blocked N1?

I haven't been blocked at all.

Deus and TDS: You helped lynch Tawarochir.  What did you think of my reason for unvoting him?  Why did you not challenge my reason?
Where did you do this? I've looked through this thread a few times and I can't find where it is.
TDS: Here, top of the post.

Your unvote makes sense. I'm not sure why I couldn't find the post, though.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 2 - Goblin Christmas
« Reply #440 on: September 03, 2015, 08:56:59 pm »

Votecount:
Tiruin -
Teneb - Jack AT, notquitethere, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar -
Deus Asmoth - Teneb, Tiruin
FallacyofUrist -
Jack AT - 
notquitethere -

Not voting: FallacyofUrist

Tiruin hasn't been active again...

Day ends 9 PM PST 9/3/2015. ~2 hours

Looks like FallacyofUrist needs a replacement.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 3 - Ben Drowned - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #441 on: September 03, 2015, 10:35:04 pm »

Yep! Because I'm invariably strapped with time with an unreliable internet [Third Party]...

. . .
Current time: September 03, 2015, 10:29:35 pm

Day ends 9 PM PST 9/3/2015. ~2 hours
Posted by: zombie urist
« on: Today at 08:56:59 pm » Insert Quote

I've got ~30 minutes. Woo.
>_>
<.<
While I did lack detail in checking the cop (and the rest), are...the rest of you ostensibly certain with DA? I ask more on the certainty of the idea you [plural] are going by.
...As such, I'm biased because of DA/NQT's interaction (most especially NQT's reasoning of many things -_- It is VERY... incomplete-sounding.).

Reasons why I believe Deus: 1. Scum-Deus would have little incentive to clear me and no way of knowing that I'm not a 3rd party. 2. Teneb was one of the players I found most suspicious on prior days.
Liek this <_< For me...these reasons are very superficial (as in they follow one linear path of reasoning, then segueing to another parallel path of reasoning and focuses only on those paths. My wording fails in demonstrating what it exactly "feels"!)

We have an unclaimed kill or action towards me which is either under a fakeclaim as presented--or isn't being claimed at all [which wiped my Auto]. The claims of today are in a...somewhat -linear- fashion, instead of a networked plan...which gives me the idea that this is...well, the idea generally is 'something's going on here'.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 03, 2015, 11:31:29 pm »

Aaaand day end ._.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 03, 2015, 11:51:03 pm »

Ending day.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Night 3 - State Funeral
« Reply #444 on: September 04, 2015, 12:01:19 am »

Another day ends and the guests prepare to exit. Today it has been decided that Teneb will be retired to the cellar and zombie urist walks over to his painting. He delicately removes it from the frame and shows it to the audience like he did the day before. There are a few audible gasps from the audience as they take a closer look at the artwork. On the back, a clear signature from the mafia! A rare sight indeed.

Votecount:
Tiruin -
Teneb - Jack AT, notquitethere, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar -
Deus Asmoth - Teneb, Tiruin
FallacyofUrist -
Jack AT - 
notquitethere -

Not voting: FallacyofUrist

Teneb has been lynched! He was...
Mafia: You when when the number of mafia left is greater than or equal to the number of town and there are no killing roles.
(n,1-shot) Propaganda - Convince everyone that they don't really want to target you that night. They will have the choice to target someone else
(n) Research - Research the Gangnam core
(n,mafiakill) Airstrike [target] - Kill the target. There is a 20% chance of this action failing.
(n) Gangnam Style [target] - Release the gangnam core on someone. They get distracted, blocking them. You can't use this ability unless you have successfully performed research.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Night ends Monday 9/7/2015 9 PM PST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:08:33 am by zombie urist »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER - SCUM WIN
« Reply #445 on: September 07, 2015, 11:09:34 pm »

This Exhibit is Closed

Zombie Urist entered the gallery and immediately dropped his mug of coffee on the floor. Three paintings were on the floor, damaged beyond repair. Another was very close to ruin. Only two were presentable. Zombie urist wasted no time. He took out a mop from the supply closet and cleaned up his coffee. He took the damaged paintings to the basement. He once again opened the doors for people to come in. And a few did. But no where as many as before, as rumors quickly passed about how only a few paintings were still on display.

Zombie urist unfortunately had no choice but to close the exhibit early.

The premature closure of the exhibit meant zombie urist couldn't secure further funding. About half a year later, the museum was shut down and all the artworks were purchased by a secretive group based somewher in Asia. zombie urist abandoned his career as curator and moved to Italy. He now spends his time repairing shoes.

Tiruin, TheDarkStar, notquitethere have been killed in the night! They were all town.

Tiruin      Forest Princess
Town: You when when all anti-town factions are dead.
(a,1-shot) Forest Spirit - The forest spirit protects you from 1 kill. You will lose your vote the following day.
(n) Pet Wolf [target] - Your wolf watches the target and reports who visited them. You will not visit them according to trackers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheDarkStar      Major Kong
(a) Under the radar - You can not be blocked, randomized, redirected, or delayed.
(a) Crash course - You must drop the bomb on or before N3. You will die if you fail to do so.
(a) Sitting on explosives - If anyone kills you, they will also die. If you get lynched before N3, you can choose who to bomb. This target cannot be changed.
(n,1-shot) Drop the bomb [target] - You kill the target. You also die.

notquitethere     Red Jester
(a) Depression - You're pretty sad about this whole Russia thing. You don't have a vote D1.
(n) Satirize [target] - You give a rousing performance, highlighting the hypocrisy of your target. It takes 1 vote less to lynch him/her the following day.
(n) Party in the back [target] - You invite your target to the party. Admist the festivities, they get confused and target a random person instead. They learn the identity of the person they actually targetted.

The mafia, Teneb, Deus Asmoth, and FallacyofUrist have won!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Night 3 - State Funeral - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #446 on: September 07, 2015, 11:09:54 pm »

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 3 (click to show/hide)

Scumchat: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/hnNQkif3UTEXB
Deadchat: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/kAzJQvnsG4FBW
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:18:49 pm by zombie urist »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER SCUM VICTORY!
« Reply #447 on: September 07, 2015, 11:25:07 pm »

Well this was my first BYOR type game. I purposefully didn't make this game as power-heavy as some of the recent byors, but I might have made town a little too underpowered. I accidentally gave FallacyofUrist a lylo-breaking power because I first gave some roles powers as they came in but before rolling for scum. Initially, most of the town had full powers and then I nerfed everyone across the board, except notquitethere, who gained the randomize ability. Originally there were also a lot more roleblocks, but I got rid of them because too many roleblocks make the game less fun.

It seems there was some confusion with night actions because I didn't explicitly state what happened and I'm sorry for that.

I'm still overall pretty satisfied with how everything turned out and I'm glad that we didn't go too long without needing a replacement.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 08, 2015, 01:26:00 am »

Interesting game! Well played by the scum, I must say!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 08, 2015, 04:07:02 am »

Well played with the hard bus, Deus. Frustrating as I thought you were scummy and that threw me. Got to be more aware of that sort of thing.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31