Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: (SG) The Ethereal Seas  (Read 7303 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) The Ethereal Seas: The question of identity
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2016, 08:32:51 pm »

I suppose surnames are not a thing. We can always assume one later, if needed.
I guess you're right. We could put it up to a vote of, let's say, the first two (mine and yours) and the next one. And let that decide.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2016, 11:09:55 am »

Whaddaya say, Tom?
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2016, 11:28:55 am »

((I'm honestly waiting for more responses, a name is important, after all I don't like polls, though. I can continue writing if you want))

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2016, 09:25:29 am »

Let's just go with Sam. Might as well.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) The Ethereal Seas
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2016, 09:57:55 am »

"Sam, you say? Well, a pleasure to meet you, Sam." Says Kadras, who looks somewhat uneasy for a moment; "I think I should be going. I'm currently in a cave on the other side of the island, near the volcano, but I think that I will move onto the next island during the next collision. So, umm, good luck, I guess"

He waves and starts to walk away, but then stops for a moment to turn around and say: "I'm sorry for attacking your little friend, I just figured that I could have a spare knife and those little animals are easy to capture alive... but I digress. Look for me if you still feel lost. If I were you, I would commune with the fog a little more, it will probably give you a better insight of the things than me."

And, with that, Kadras starts to leave.

It is still morning, you are thirsty, but you don't feel terribly hungry right now. Your yet unnamed animal companion is now sniffing at the ground near some of those trees that bear those small hard nuts. The water pond is now as clean as it was yesterday.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2016, 10:23:24 am »

Let's get a drink from the pond.

We should also try to make a container so that we can travel farther inland without worrying about dehydrating to death.

And finally, attempt to commune with the fog(However that's done).

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2016, 01:27:12 pm »

Let's get a drink from the pond.

We should also try to make a container so that we can travel farther inland without worrying about dehydrating to death.

And finally, attempt to commune with the fog(However that's done).
+1

But before that, we should catch up to Kadras and quickly ask about that collision thing.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2016, 04:28:25 pm »

You quickly rush to ask Kadras what does he mean for collision. He simply replies that it is the event in which two islands momentarily bump into each other, allowing passage from one to another. Because, you know, the sea only has water until the fog line, then, there is nothing more that the Aether itself. But the colliding islands eventually go on their own ways, and they separate.

With that in mind, you take a sip from the pool, and decide to go in the direction of the sea, to attempt to interact with the fog, in some way. Transversing the forest, you find an odd tree. It is slim and short, not surpassing your own height by more than half an arm length, and instead of leaves, its branches form a vague shape that resembles a sun. The light shines strongly upon the odd tree, and the area around of it is devoid of fallen leaves, and instead green healthy grass is growing around it. Your unnamed animal companion instantly goes to it, and bends its forelegs and closes its eyes. It is an odd position for an animal, for that it almost seems to be praying to the tree.

You wonder if it is a signal of some kind.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2016, 04:34:47 pm »

Commune with the tree.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2016, 02:47:53 pm »

Think at the tree: 'Uh... Hello? Are y-you able to speak to me?.'

If nothing special happens, make a mental note of the location and if we see Kadras again, ask him about how to commune with the fog. Continue on our path.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:34:00 am by Sosoku234 »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2016, 10:10:44 pm »

Maybe we need to meditate here.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2016, 01:33:00 pm »

Not really sure about how to react, you slowly walk to the odd tree. The light of the Sun shines upon you, and it gives you a calming warmth. The green grass growing below your feet is smooth and calming. The whole area has a feeling of relaxation, to some extent. You bend your knees, and kind of prostrate in front of it, just as your furry friend does. You mentally whisper some words, not really knowing how to address this phenomenon, if it can be even communicated with. You get no response, but as you wait there, your senses become more acute, even with your eyelids covering your eyes. You notice some traces of... something. You can't quite describe it, but is all around you, tiny specks of it below you, a clump of it near you where you are sure your companion is, and maybe some of that something within yourself. While the portions of this thing that are farther away from you move, the closer ones are more static... until you notice them moving in your hand. You quickly open your eyes and discover that the berry seeds you had in your palm have sprouted, tiny green filaments coming out of them. What is even more odd, is that you seem to have some weak, but nevertheless real control over them, as if you focus your mind in one seed in particular, it begins to grow, albeit painfully slowly.

You stand up, uncertain on what to do next. You could still try to commune with the fog, whatever it means. Or maybe you could look for more food, as you will eventually need more.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2016, 10:26:32 am »

Let's see if we can grow some of the grass around us. We may need to be touching it though. If we can grow it without touching it, this could be very powerful.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2016, 04:50:24 pm »

Let's see if we can grow some of the grass around us. We may need to be touching it though. If we can grow it without touching it, this could be very powerful.
+1

Then go look for more food.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2016, 07:23:24 pm »

We should also invest in trying to make (with this new power) a water container out of leaves grown together by us.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]