Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: YggdrasilCraft Building Contest! Extended to Sept. 31st!  (Read 5015 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
YggdrasilCraft Building Contest! Extended to Sept. 31st!
« on: August 07, 2015, 07:05:33 pm »

SERVER IP: 69.175.45.141

Hello and welcome to YggdrasilCraft, a brand-new server for Minecraft multiplayer. We look forward to your playing and enjoying out server. However. We're not yet ready to let you go on your epic adventure. So while we setup, what I've decided is this: we'll have a contest for players of Minecraft who like to build. You'll have two weeks from the Youtube announcement ( subscribe to my channel here ) to create an epic creation. At the end of two weeks, myself and a closed panel of judges will examine all your works and pick the ones we like best. These will be used and showcased in the spawn area for the main server and the builder will receive a Youtube shout-out with a plug to their channel, if they so wish. ( A Youtube channel is not required for this contest, all that's required is a Minecraft account and an internet connection. )

Please read the rules below. Any violation of these rules will not be tolerated. Mechanisms will be judged separately from constructions. For the purposes of these rules "mechanism" is defined as any component which has multiple states determined by time or a trigger, utilizes mechanisms or utilizes redstone components beyond redstone lamps. This includes redstone lamps which can be turned on or off and includes jukeboxes or note blocks. Just for clarity's sake, any component using the following is a mechanism: hoppers, droppers, dispensers, tripwires, minecarts, redstone comparators, levers, buttons, pressure plates, pistons, sticky pistons, redstone logic, or automated control of liquid flow.
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

There are three categories here, from which will be picked ten winners each. The top five constructions for each category will be implemented somewhere near the spawn area of the main server, with credit given to the creators. The categories are Solo building, Mechanisms, and Team building. Mechanisms, regardless of whether they were built in a team or alone will be judged in their category. If at any point you allow another player to assist you in anyway you must immediately credit them and mark your plot as a team entry, this includes mechanisms. By entering you agree to abide by the rules above. If for any reason you don't want to be judged for winner or have your construction used in the main server you must mark your plot with a sign saying non entry and construct a soul sand marking pillar. ( A marking pillar is a construction on the edge of your plot that quickly tells moderators and judges important things about your entry. If you've read the rules, you already know what the lapis lazuli and redstone block marking pillars stand for. Click below for examples and what they mean. )

Spoiler: Marking pillars (click to show/hide)

Instructions for playing:
Follow the rules and regulations above, join the server at the follwing IP: 69.175.45.141, type "/plotme auto" to automatically get your plot. This is all the building space you'll have to use. It's small, yes, but space is a premium in a spawn zone. :) Put down signs and marking pillars according to the rules and what category you wish to enter. If you need help, feel the rules are being broken, etc. private message a moderator. ( They are the people with red names. ) Do not ask for resources, the game's already in creative. Multiple entries are fine, but only one will get to be on the winner's list and only one will get to be on the honorable mentions. Please don't claim a ridiculous amount of plots though. Assume we use the default texture pack when you're building.

At the end of two weeks from the date of the Youtube announcement, the competition will end and the server will go dark for judging. After that the winners and honorable mentions will be featured on my Youtube channel and the top five entries in each category will be implemented in my server. Subscribe for updates on this contest and more!

Feel free to Let's Play this contest, just give a shoutout to me at Soitisisit and spread the word please. Enjoy building, everyone. :)

Spoiler: Legal Information (click to show/hide)
[/list]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:50:56 am by CaptainMcClellan »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YggdrasilCraft Building Contest! :D
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 09:58:21 pm »

I THOUGHT CHEESISTAN PLAYERS GET TO PLAY!? DID SOMETHING HAPPEN?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 10:06:32 am »

I THOUGHT CHEESISTAN PLAYERS GET TO PLAY!? DID SOMETHING HAPPEN?

You do! I'm rolling today in the Cheesistan page. And yea, if you're wanting to join the server, go ahead. The rules of the competition are all here, except that I forgot to mention some of the prizes. In addition to what's already listed, everyone will get a participation award of a star prefix behind their name on my main server. You guys are all welcome on my server tho and encouraged to play! :D

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 10:19:49 am »

ptw and maybe enter.  Pretty busy with other things...

quick question is the server modded at all or just vanilla?
Nom nom nom

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 11:42:54 am »

ptw and maybe enter.  Pretty busy with other things...

quick question is the server modded at all or just vanilla?
Both are modded. The contest server is pretty vanilla beyond protections against griefing and such, but the main server has goodies of various sorts: Factions, an Economy, Multiple Worlds, Minigames, etc.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 11:51:03 am »

Is there anything I need to install/add to be able to connect?
Nom nom nom

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 05:14:44 pm »

Is there anything I need to install/add to be able to connect?
Nope. Just Minecraft.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 05:16:23 pm »

Bump.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 06:19:41 am »

Bump.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 04:06:55 am »

Bump plus announcement: The contest has been extended to September 1st!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 01:00:05 am »

I'm considering taking part, just don't know how much time I'll be able to find.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 11:35:10 am »

Oh lookie, here's that thread at last.

This is a cool competition and we need some more of you cool builder dudes to build more cool build stuff and be cool and build and stuff.

THE UNITED STATIONS SHALL RISE
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 12:40:26 pm »

Yeah. Also, thanks to college and life stress, I'm extending it to September 31st! Cos well... I don't have time to judge anything fairly until then. So you guys have a whole month and a half to build!

Oh lookie, here's that thread at last.

This is a cool competition and we need some more of you cool builder dudes to build more cool build stuff and be cool and build and stuff.

THE UNITED STATIONS SHALL RISE
Yes, Thanks Dorisdwarf for your unpaid testimonial. ;p

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: YggdrasilCraft Building Contest! Extended to Sept. 31st!
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 01:01:44 am »

Bump! Please everyone! Roll up, join up! :D

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
Re: YggdrasilCraft Building Contest! Extended to Sept. 31st!
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 02:04:42 am »

I might join to build a very sophisticated dirt house  mansion or something
Also tell me who wins so I can try and drag them into muh civcraft :^)
Adam Sandler.
Pages: [1] 2