Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Final Answer: Dunamisdeos MSpaint art is the worst anyone has ever seen, anywhere.

10/10, worst I've seen.
- 3 (100%)
5/10, worst than most.
- 0 (0%)
1/10, worst.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Dawn of Time - New Blazecook, Carved Fortress!  (Read 7258 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - New Blazecook, First Update! Strike the earth!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 09:56:19 am »

Oh, this fort looks so !!FUN!!.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - New Blazecook, First Update! Strike the earth!
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 04:33:55 pm »

The slime doesn't appear to have any horrid effects on touch. A duckling pathed through it and didn't melt. So, that's a plus. Undead Rhinos are going to be thing in the future, though. It's a matter of time.

Land clearance is taking longer than expected. We have to be outside of the reanimation zone, but near enough to the sole water source in the SE of the map.

All dwarves currently live outside, but they have built a dining pavilion. Also, a covered meeting area.

::EDIT::

The way this is going, I'm going to have to build an underground water transport system. This means that the water source must be above street level as a whole for water pressure to function properly. Given the carve-downward architecture planned for the city, this means that all buildings are going to have to be AT LEAST 6 stories tall. Vaulted ceilings for everyone.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:55:17 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - New Blazecook, First Update! The Dead nibble!
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 07:37:44 pm »

Can I be dorfed as an animal trainer
Preferably male with long hair
(If you don't have/want an animal trainer yet I can wait)
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 08:17:45 pm »

Can I be dorfed as an animal trainer
Preferably male with long hair
(If you don't have/want an animal trainer yet I can wait)

None yet, will do. We have rhinoceroses, maybe you'll be responsible for training some war rhinos. That is if they don't go undead and kill everyone first.

::EDIT::
Immortal-D found some really nice embarks for us, shame we lucked into this embark before I got them. Kudos to him regardless.

::EDIT 2::
I don't think I've ever seen more fertile land in the good-aligned area. There isn't a single square that isn't plantable in large tracts.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:22:57 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2015, 05:34:41 pm »

Few updates, minor stuff. City-Carving has actually begun, an artifact was created, and population is increasing because a slime-covered zombie wasteland is an attractive prospect if you add rampaging rhinoceroses, I guess.

All surface water evaporated upon embark, btw. There's just the running river-mouth for water.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:57:42 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 07:58:04 pm »

:UPDATE 1:
It looks like I accidentally assigned a dwarf to the military? he's a Wood Burner with 0 military experience. His stats aren't BAD, but he has questionable spatial sense. Hardly the kind of quality BLAZECOOK expects from its recruits.

But you know what? I don't remember assigning him at all, and I'm going to treat him like a volunteer. Besmar "Kazturkey" Showerpage is the newest addition to the BLAZECOOK militia.

::UPDATE 2::

The caverns have been busy, it seems. it's worth mentioning that the caverns have not been breached at BLAZECOOK. Sigun the Engraver knows things, man.

Also, the city flag apparently consists of some penguins dancing on a bed of spinach, I don't know.

::UPDATE 3::
Spoiler: Farm Tower (click to show/hide)
Work is officially beginning to move to the new huge farming tower/granary. Outdoor farming is on top, and once the caverns are breached the second level will be for indoor pasturing. Second level is also where the underground farming will take place.

On the bottom levels are the kitchens and butcher shops in a sort of open-market style setup. Access to the granaries is above that, and a skywalk is planned to the multi-level tavern/dining area across the street.

Also, we should name these streets according to the most-coolest carving along the way. Streets have to get names, right?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:51:52 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Kazturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2015, 09:29:20 am »

Ooh, can I have the volunteer? Arm him with a sword :D

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2015, 12:34:42 pm »

Ooh, can I have the volunteer? Arm him with a sword :D

You can have "the" volunteer, so long as you don't mind your last name being Showerpage
yeah I just went ahead and did that. :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:52:25 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2015, 04:32:04 pm »

I done goofed. I misdesignated some multi-level ramps for the farming tower. The ramps didn't line up and some wall was mined out :(

Time to repair it with constructed walls, but it will never be the same. Woe is me.

Anyway, its essentially done. It features multiple levels for food storage for a large population, farms and pastureland on top, enough for a significant herd.

It also features separate pathing to food-production workshops, with yet again separate pathing for workers to get directly to the food. Because one day I intend to run around this place in adventurer mode, everything has ramp access. Stairs are for sissies.

::UPDATE::

BLAZECOOK was attacked by a multitude of undead today. This included 5 chinchillas and 7 dark gnome corpses. Out resident insane Glassmaker took this opportunity to die of thirst mid battle, thus becoming the first casualty in battle.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:17:44 pm by Dunamisdeos »

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - New Blazecook, Carved Fortress!
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2015, 06:43:46 pm »

How bad was the carnage? My Competent Hammerman armed and armored in copper got his ass handed to him by a monitor lizard corpse in my new evil embark.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2015, 09:25:56 pm »

BATTLE REPORT

Military - 0/3 Dwarves killed
Lordbrassroast - "Fron" Renownedguild, Militia Commander
Kazturkey - "Kazturkey" Showerpage

Undead - 11/12 Undead killed
5 Chinchilla Corpses
7 Dark Gnome Corpses

Commander's Report
Two roving bands of undead converged at the same time from the mountain. We've learned that Chinchilla corpses are barely a threat, relying on multiple tiny wounds. Presumably, they could kill a dwarf after he passes out from pain or exertion. A fun fact about these particular Dark Gnome Corpses is that they were completely and meticulously skinned. While small, they were able to cause significant damage to unarmored dwarves when caught in the wilderness.

After the undead were spotted in the area, we began drawing plans for the defense of the settlement. We have no fortifications. Immediately after, a dwarf was reported killed on the bridge to the civilian safe zone (roof of the farm tower). We charged out and hunted the undead in the hills, slaughtering all of them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kazturkey's right hand was smashed open, but he is recovering in the impromptu hospital along with a severely mauled stonecrafter, who was caught outside.

The "killed" dwarf turned out to be an insane Glassmaker. He died of thirst.

Kazturkey got his first kill, whereas Fron scored four kills. Mebzuth, a speardwarf who was drafted in to spar with the more importantly-named dwarves, scored 6 kills. I have no idea where the last gnome is. Personally, I think Fron told him to go and tell his friends what happened here in an Arnold voice.

As I was typing this, I found that gnome. He climbed down the walls into the streets only to be beaten to death by hordes of directed citizens. Injuries to two citizens who climbed to escape and were apparently knocked off the walls to the street below. Next project is going to be a goddam wall.

Various body parts tat died in the reanimation zone are coming back. The military trio is on patrol, and has so far been able to prevent further injuries. On a side note, Ilral Narrowdoors is the most competent doctor I've ever seen. He's 4/0 in dwarves saved.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:42:03 pm by Dunamisdeos »

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2015, 02:39:40 am »

Hey, feel free to give me a dwarf of any sort.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2015, 12:09:53 pm »

Hey, feel free to give me a dwarf of any sort.

You were one of the starting 7, since you had a dorf in the last fort XD. You've been on the front page lol.

On that note, I forgot to mention that Varnish cranks out exceptional weapon/armor gear like its made of pudding. What that means is that all his gear is super high-quality, and he's only skilled. Must be a perfectionist, I'll check today.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2015, 12:22:40 pm »

What weapon is Fron using? Also, any fat-melting related casualties from the non-evil weather?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2015, 12:37:46 pm »

What weapon is Fron using? Also, any fat-melting related casualties from the non-evil weather?

The slime has no ill effects that I've been able to determine. It's about the only break we've had so far outside of decent mineral wealth.

Fron is using a battleaxe. I believe he's reached adept level through nigh-constant sparring. I'm going to assign him, Mebzuth, and Kazturkey to their own squadrons after they reach an impressive enough skill level. They can train further recruits.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6