Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 371970 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #2925 on: February 22, 2016, 11:11:09 am »

Did we get someone actually trained in using a dialysis?

Yes, one of the dogters are trained to use the machine.

They didn't wait before they bring Clint the dog into a medical tent to hook him up and starting on getting his blood cleaned. They're not certain if the dog will survive, bit they'll try their best.

You've been radioed that the second supply is arriving in an hour.

There's a major shift in movement on the flying rushers. The whole flock of them stirs awake and began flying towards the  castle.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: February 22, 2016, 11:28:12 am »

"Oi, Armed personal gather your gear, unarmed personal, grab a spare weapon. Major movements occurring."

A Rome is to scan as much as possible. Any abnormal creatures among the massing army?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: February 22, 2016, 01:48:17 pm »

The camp is sent into an alert and everyone scrambles for their gears or extra guns as instructed, people waiting to be checked by the doctors will have to have themselves checked later as even the Doctors themselves grab some spare MAG Assault rifles in the process.

Neat, smooth containers are unlocked as brand-new MAG Assault Rifles are unpacked, fresh, full magazines loaded and spare magazines shared about. Those with the underslung grenade launcher liberally grab themselves some 40mm grenades and a few 25mm rounds. Techies working on overtime to ensure that the defenses are at a hundred percent.

The Rome that's flying above the gathering army scans with all it's power. Visually, it just seems to be a gathering of those armed and armored rushers.. or soldiers. However you want to classifies this new subvarient, and plenty of Horror Knights that may be acting as column leaders.

But checking on heat signatures, X-ray, pressure and the likes reveal something concerning. There is.. something amongst the massing creatures that is quite massive. Easily as big as a Boeing 747, in the shape of a long.. wormy tube.

Invisible death worm?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: February 22, 2016, 02:21:25 pm »

I don't like the look of that maybe we should rain hell on their position now while we can.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2929 on: February 22, 2016, 02:50:35 pm »

Zach runs to Ravager, "Tal," he says through the radio, "permission to have the gunships scramble?" he asks, bringing up the controls for the crew-operated 20mm cannon
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: February 22, 2016, 02:57:43 pm »

"Possible Denizen sighted. Similar to Imps for those who recall what they are. For those who do not know what Imps are, they're a semi ethereal crystalline creature that is invisible in the visual spectrum. Everyone who lacks an Infrared HUD please link to Foxhound's drones. It appears to be a large wormlike creature. May or may not be capable of burrowing. Ready the artillery regardless."

"Artillery is out of range currently, I'm not certain if the Gauss Rifle could hit or not, someone grab a weapons techie and ask if it's theoretically possible to hit with the GR."

As artillery is out of range, The Rome is to prepare to open fire on the worm creature, it is not to fire just yet. Probably a good idea to test if it's as fragile as an Imp or not. As it's extremely high up it should be very hard for them to counterattack even with the Bat swarm headed towards the massing army, creatures do tend to have a Maximum Altitude afterall, and the bullets should be able to hit it since it doesn't need to worry about bullet drop since it's shooting more or less directly downwards.

Tal also ponders if a Gauss stake could be fired downrange at it, they do have LOS to the army from the camp, the question is if the bullet drop would ground the stake before it hits the creature and if Aria is accurate enough. Although accuracy can be aided with a few targeting algorithms, a tripod to stabilize the barrel, and Rome sensor data input.

"No. We are not scrambling the gunships into the horde of Bats unless you want us to lose the ships and our only way to evac. Have the pilots warm the engines and clear out the cargo bays so we can evac relatively quickly if need be, but we aren't launching them with at least a little bit of surface to air from the drones for safety."

Tal pings Frazz via pda.

I really do advise returning to the camp. Return with your hands on your head and nobody will harm you, you'll be shipped back to the compound for therapy. The alternative is dying at the hands of a rather organized swarm since the Castle's residents are mobilizing right now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:01:09 pm by Kevak »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: February 22, 2016, 03:53:13 pm »

Aria is fully geared and ready whenever.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: February 22, 2016, 04:37:23 pm »

Never, i die with a gun in my hands. Also, i am not coming back into the custody of someone who falsely accused me of malpractice. I take my profession very seriously. Vigil is fine.

((to be fair you guys didn't really hear me out))
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:40:48 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: February 22, 2016, 04:41:21 pm »

((...There was no false accusation. It was real, and it was malpractice. Vigil could very easily have died, he more than likely just rolled high on his "don't die" test.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: February 22, 2016, 04:54:46 pm »

((The GM even stated you're basically playing Russian Revolver with other people's characters. You literally have only been rolling lucky.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: February 22, 2016, 05:08:34 pm »

Vigil is fully geared. He even as a clip in his sub, a first if anyone had been paying attention to him.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: February 22, 2016, 05:10:43 pm »

Zander is fully geared, his Mag rifle has been cleaned and is ready along with all of his other guns.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: February 22, 2016, 05:24:30 pm »

Jon is clad in his Assault Armor with his SMG in hand, slightly regretting not trying out a MAG rifle on the shooting range.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: February 22, 2016, 05:46:46 pm »

"OH, before I forget," Zander rummages in a bag for a second and starts putting out several small containers. Kind of like containers of Vaseline, "there is one for each of you well plus one now that Frazz is awol. But these contain a healing salve, this won't help with more serious wounds but it can patch up smaller ones and keep you going".

Zander then grabs one more thing that looks like a thermos, tossing it at Vigil. "I figure you can use that this the most out of all of us. Its a tea that I brewed, it makes it so when you exert yourself you won't get tired or fatigued. Pain will even be dulled but you will feel it all afterwards, so be very careful with it and only use it in emergencies.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: February 22, 2016, 05:48:42 pm »

((Just confirming, did you check with the GM about what these do and that you actually made them? We don't need another Frazz...))
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 612