Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 371565 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (3/6) #we need fighters!
« Reply #660 on: September 29, 2015, 03:24:53 pm »

The time of Triumph is here! nearly, anyway.

The stationed defense nearly turn you all into smithereens some three miles out when they detected something hot and oddly-shaped thing slowly moving towards them. Having the general look of a giant snake does not help very much, but thanks to Technology, missiles refused to lock onto your vehicle when it's IFF insist that you are not monsters from the depth of hell coming for that booty.

The journey back was long and tiring, and you ran out of juice, but you've all made it back alive.
With a last look back, the APC moved through the gate, bringing your surviving squad and it's trophies and samples back to Earth and the comforting cold, lifeless clean white corporate hallways.

It seems that your squad are immediately becoming the talk of the town once words got out from the Guards witnessing that the whole squad came back strapped with the dead bodies of your enemies Mad-Max style. Being able to retrieve the artifact only serves as a bonus to that.

It is now down time! Your squad have gained a great deal of prestige, the higher ups wants a debrief. It is where we will account the squad's achievements and determine how much  points and money you get.
Also, with how impressively good things went, your squad is allowed to become a named squad, talk it out to decide what you want your Squad to be named. It will earn you all permanent perks that may or may not be related to the names, I'll decide once I see the agreed upon name.

As a named squad, every new squaddies gets a minor perk relative to what it gives and the people who are already in the squad now will be the 'founders.' and have the squad's major perk until death or dishonorable discharge.

There may be bonuses for detailed, well-written reports during debriefing.

After we're done with Debriefing and naming the squad, I'll give an overall update as to what's been happening and if the Artifact did anything interesting to the world or not.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 29, 2015, 03:49:25 pm »

"Ooh a name, second mission an we're already famous! So what do name do you guys want? I myself was thinking of calling us, The Paladins."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 29, 2015, 03:55:13 pm »

"I have no opinion, as long as it's not horrendous."

((Fun Fact: Paladin is actually the name of my guild in Etrian Odyssey IV. Appropriate, given the sadistic difficulty of that game and this one, which can be avoided with caution and preparation.)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 29, 2015, 04:01:49 pm »

"If you don't mind, I think 'Onion Knights' suit us much better than 'Paladins'. But, that's only if you want the 'Warriors' motif. If not, 'Hunters' would do just fine."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 29, 2015, 06:09:39 pm »

"I'm thinking Harvesters.  That is after all exactly what we did. We harvested the keep, their bodies, and all that lays within. Hunters fits fairly well also."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 30, 2015, 05:07:24 pm »

"Honestly, I don't like nay of the na- Wait, gottat go!"

Arthur dashes out of the room and run towards the bathroom. After about 5 minutes, he walks back in.

"Guys, guys, I just had an amazing idea, how about we call ourselves The Castle Crashers!"

He stares patiently waiting for everyone's opinion.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 30, 2015, 05:26:26 pm »

"We didn't quite crash the castle. Damaged yes. Not much of a ring to it either."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 30, 2015, 05:40:02 pm »

"And what about you guys?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 30, 2015, 05:41:01 pm »

Aria gives a shrug of indifference.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 30, 2015, 06:52:55 pm »

"Well, It does make sense in a rather generic way. We crashed the castle in the same way you'd crash a party.  "
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 03, 2015, 03:13:44 pm »

After some discussion, your squad settles with the name 'Fox Hounds.' and have the required form filled in and sent off.
Being one of the most successful squad so far, it wasn't all that surprising when the Higher ups told the Doctor Tal, who seems to be the apparent squad-leader, to write them a breakdown report of the mission and his thoughts while the other scientists get to play with all the new samples brought over.

Vigil's request to have the creature's scythe arm turned into a weapon have been noted.

Your squad have been assigned a living quarter for six, it's a mix between the small cramped personal room some people preferred and the large dormitory for mass-dwelling that the bulk of the company's employees are all cramped in. The very ones that you've wanted to get away from so much you're willing to pick up guns and march into a whole new world for.

Now all those work are paying off, your room's got only 3 bunk beds now instead of hundreds and there's even the luxuries such as a fridge, bathroom+toilet and a Microwave! hell, there's even a desk where you can put your computer on and you can flip a piece of the wall near your bed down to turn it into a table while you use your bed as a chair!

Makes going out there risking your life fighting abominations from hell itself worth the trouble, doesn't it?

Right now you've just been shown your room after told that you'll all live here together now. And that if your Squad name's been approved, they'll have it engraved on a sign and put it on your door.

Also, I'll hold onto giving you money and points to spend until Kevak's report, if he's feeling like writing one up at all. There shall be bonuses depending on how well it turns out to be!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:24:09 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 03, 2015, 04:07:34 pm »

Tal ensures the lab techs don't touch the artifact till he is present and begins writing up a debriefing paper.

((Partly done. Heading out for a bit. Will finish soonish.))

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 03:06:25 pm by Kevak »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 03, 2015, 04:39:41 pm »

Due to sharing the same room, Arthur notices Tal writing the report. After sneakily looking over his shoulder and reading the whole thing, he begins to speak.

"Ah, so I see the report's coming along nicely. If I could make a few suggestions, you should mention that the guys with blade arms are vulnerable to HE (armour piercing) bullets. Also, you understate the effectiveness of melee weapons. When I stabbed one with a knife, it began to expel a hot jet of smoke and shards before exploding. Let's not forget to mention the fact that Maximus was able to destroy one of their heads with a single punch. The only problem with melee is that they are more agile than us and they explode when killed.

"Anyway, I hope you will make good use of this suggestion. Now excuse me..."

And he finishes by going to the bathroom. This guy is weird.

He pops his head out the door...
"Don't forget to mention the fact that the imps were armed with sticks, shame we didn't bring a sample of one of those"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 04:41:46 pm by heydude6 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 03, 2015, 04:42:15 pm »

Aria also gives input. "There isn't any mention of the fact that the Denizen was bulletproof against all but Gauss and Anti-Tank rounds, or that it only attacked when we picked up the artifact."
Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 03, 2015, 06:01:09 pm »

"It actually attacked as Arthur got close to the artifact. I'll clarify the bulletproof bit however."

"Anyone have things they want me to add?"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 06:10:50 pm by Kevak »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 612