Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 367467 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (Well, Frazz is a dragon, now. We gonna die)
« Reply #3600 on: March 13, 2016, 08:54:36 pm »

Tal is tempted to ask why they don't have a tactician onstaff for stuff like this but decides it's not worth the effort to bring it up.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: March 14, 2016, 07:15:34 am »

((Tal. . . your logic may have brought us gold, but you lost us EXP. Which is more valuable?))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: March 14, 2016, 07:47:29 am »

((I'd say not dying is the most valuable~ That would have been a suicide mission by all standards. They're entrenched and clearly could see our drones. They'd be able to prep.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: March 14, 2016, 08:07:44 am »

((So you are saying that the first part of your plan was going to fail? I mean, we could have gone in afterwards and still played mop up. Maybe even take some prisoners.))
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: March 14, 2016, 08:23:50 am »

((No. I mean fighting an enemy with equal tiered equipment who is in a defensive position by its very nature will end poorly. We have succeeded because we have made all of our targets fight us on Our terms. If we just rushed in there, we'd be fighting on their terms. We have to see what happens post bombing to see if it's better for us to go in there or for a lesser gateteam to go in. At the very minimum, if there's an active Entity present. Tal'll wanna see if he can chat with it.))

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: March 14, 2016, 08:45:14 am »

((Three cheers for Tal! May his powers of Procrastination never fail! Also, if an Entity does appear similar to Bill, Frazz would propably be a useful asset because he knows how these things think.))

So, Frazz continues trying to get used to his new body. I imagine by now hes able to walk and pickup stuff, and maybe fly a little, but the finer points still need polish.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:48:03 am by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: March 14, 2016, 08:47:52 am »

((You know you lucked into not being trapped as a new denzen, right?))

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: March 14, 2016, 08:50:46 am »

((Its called skillz. And also it wasnt luck. I knew Tal had the capabilities to remive any sort of possession, as well as the obligation to protect all teammates. I mean, when you think about it, i specifically made sure not to clarify that point to Bill, since i knew that would frighten him off. Frazzes selfpreservation is quite good actually. He just often has to do convuluted things to get what he wants.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: March 14, 2016, 08:59:02 am »

((So, you knew you would be turned into a dragon, yes?))

"It's about the same as the Gauss would be with the arm brace. Your stance was a bit off, not really good for taking the recoil. Try like this..."

With that, Aria starts helping Vigil get into the appropriate stance, not unlike a golf coach helping their player with a swing.
She will notice his muscles slowly relax with each shot as he gets used to firing the high powered weapon.

"This is actually much easier than I thought it would be. Still kicks like a lion, though."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:06:31 am by zomara0292 »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (Well, Frazz is a dragon, now. We gonna die
« Reply #3609 on: March 14, 2016, 09:16:35 am »

((Actually, i wasnt altogether surpriesed. I knew Bil would most likely turn someone into a dragon. I was hoping Tal. But hey, i like this better))
Frazz gets a scientist to ride on his back to test limits of his strength. Not flying, mind you. Just walking around. See how much weight he would be able to carry normally.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:18:45 am by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: March 14, 2016, 09:33:35 am »

((I actually wasn't certain that we could get rid of the possession through skill alone. Tal can probably handle it now with his current skills, but preskillup prolly not. That's why we threw three dozen monkeys at the problem. Monkeybruteforcing is the best alternative to skill~))

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: March 14, 2016, 09:42:14 am »

((Id probably sig that if i wasnt sworn off sigs.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: March 14, 2016, 02:11:55 pm »

After giving a scientist a seriously good story to tell at the bar, Frazz then begins working on his flight. Its clunky at first, and for the first few hours he has trouble doing anythung than making a large hop and landing facefirst. Eventually he actually begins being able to repeatedly flap and keep himself in the air without causing an excess of updraft. After he near the roof of the gym, he reaches out with both feet and wing/claws and digs his claws into the wall. Assuming the wall isnt made of something crappy like plaster, he then pushes off and attempts to glide one end of the gym to the other.

On a side note, hes really tearing up the floors on his landings. Until he gets better, he probably should find some isolated grassy spot. Otherwise hes eventually going to break into the floor below.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: March 14, 2016, 02:37:26 pm »

((So, you knew you would be turned into a dragon, yes?))

"It's about the same as the Gauss would be with the arm brace. Your stance was a bit off, not really good for taking the recoil. Try like this..."

With that, Aria starts helping Vigil get into the appropriate stance, not unlike a golf coach helping their player with a swing.
She will notice his muscles slowly relax with each shot as he gets used to firing the high powered weapon.

"This is actually much easier than I thought it would be. Still kicks like a lion, though."

It was really becoming fun, actually. Shooting the Gauss and seeing it just punching through metal targets like it wasn't even there. The recoil causing your whole arm to vibrate into Aria's hold is a good bonus as well.

---

Frazz kept practicing, and he kept strumbling about much to the amusement of scientists. They told him to not worry about the floor and have some engineers pour some quick-drying concrete into the holes whenever they're made so they can keep on watching the overgrown lizard try to play bird.

---

Zander found his dogs following him to his training regimes, and the one that's been fed special food seems to be.. training.. too?
Seeing a dog does 'push ups' is a strange one.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: March 14, 2016, 02:45:54 pm »

"Well f you guys too! Im a freaking dragon who can talk and goes through portals to kill aliens and get pha lootz. I doubt your guys resume looks nearly as impressive."
(This is upon Frazzes seeing the scientists try not to laugh)
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 612