Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Maaaagiiiiic  (Read 2692 times)

abd5555

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Maaaagiiiiic
« on: August 08, 2015, 10:27:33 am »

It would be Cool  8) to Have Magic and wizard dwarfs

Enchiridion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maaaagiiiiic
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 10:56:31 am »

Holy shit I think you are right. God, I... I don't even know why I never thought about this. All this time. All these years I... I felt like something was missing. There was an unquenchable void within my soul that no earthly thing seemed to fill. It tugged at my soul and mind like a fetid infection but now I finally know what it is. My GOD! I know! DWARF WIZARDS! I want... no... I NEED dwarf wizards!

DWARF WIZARDS!!!

I have seen the light now. Yes, the system is simply right there in front of me. It would not be based on learning but rather on experience. Only through glorious battle could you become a wizard as to feel magic is to have it! Yes! Yes! It's so clear now! I can see it all...

NONE SHALL TAKE IT FROM ME! NONE!

IT IS MINE!!!

M I N E ! ! !

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 12:07:08 pm »

Dwarves are already magic.  They can cut diamonds with their bare hands, stand next to magma without any scratch, domesticate almost any animal and sustain carnivores with thin air, pile junk into black holes, disintegrate matter with draw bridges and make metal multiply by melting coins. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Enchiridion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 01:20:19 pm »

But in all seriousnss, please dont post useless, simple and not-thought-out threads. Someone should close this or something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 01:34:17 pm »

But in all seriousnss, please dont post useless, simple and not-thought-out threads. Someone should close this or something.

Be nice he is new.

Topic creator this is a suggestion done to death. In order to post a worthwhile suggestion on magic, you need to expand the scope of what your suggesting and extrapolate and unfold exactly how magic can take place in the game.

perspectivedesigns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 03:37:57 pm »

I think magic is a good idea, but before posting a suggestion you should take a look at the planned features, your suggestion might already be there!

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 02:30:06 pm »

before posting a suggestion you should take a look at the planned features, your suggestion might already be there!
Take a looks at dev_single.
Thereīs nothing that we can think of that Tarn and Zach donīt already have planned.

'Tis a sad truth

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 02:31:58 pm »

before posting a suggestion you should take a look at the planned features, your suggestion might already be there!
Thereīs nothing that we can think of that Tarn and Zach donīt already have planned.

'Tis a sad truth

Really?

What about a living maze that as you travel through it, it consumes more and more of your mind until you just go outright insane becoming a permanent denizen of the maze for it to use like a pawn.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 05:23:45 pm »

'Tis a sad truth

Really?

What about a living maze that as you travel through it, it consumes more and more of your mind until you just go outright insane becoming a permanent denizen of the maze for it to use like a pawn.

Already implemented.  It's the menu system. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

PersonGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 07:22:39 am »

In all seriousness any new for of Magic Toady adds will at least at first will probably be a expansion on already existing systems. Things like Artifacts getting cool powers or Necromancers get new powers or maybe a new kind of "Secrets of X" slab is added, those are probably what we can expect before we get something entirely new and unprecedented.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:26:15 am by PersonGuy »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 11:50:41 am »

In all seriousness any new for of Magic Toady adds will at least at first will probably be a expansion on already existing systems. Things like Artifacts getting cool powers or Necromancers get new powers or maybe a new kind of "Secrets of X" slab is added, those are probably what we can expect before we get something entirely new and unprecedented.
You can already add new "Secrets of X" with raw modding, which can grant any powers available through the Interaction or Syndrome systems, up to and including transformation into a completely different creature.  There are a couple necromancy-centric limitations at the moment, such as only people with a goal of Immortality seeking out secrets during worldgen, and only people who have created a sufficient number of animated corpses being able to establish a tower.  Generalizing the goal-seeking sounds easy, though generalizing the rules for establishing a tower (or whatever) through raws could turn out to be quite complicated.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Airgeoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 10:05:45 pm »

'Tis a sad truth

Really?

Already implemented.  It's the menu system. 

I genuinely LOLed at this.

Apart from this,  dwarves are not magic,  but their beards are.   They channel the spirit of Chuck Norris and the beard thus confers a limited form of invincibility.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 04:23:56 am »

the chuck norris meme was popular half my lifetime ago

half of my ENTIRE lifetime

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 10:38:28 am »

I'm guessing you're like 16 though? Which would definitely be below average in terms of lifetime lengths. To not get too derailed though I'll say that I'm pretty sure Toady has made his plans for magic pretty clear with all those stories about it.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 01:34:57 pm »

I'm guessing you're like 16 though? Which would definitely be below average in terms of lifetime lengths. To not get too derailed though I'll say that I'm pretty sure Toady has made his plans for magic pretty clear with all those stories about it.

With Putnam's modding skill, I hope he's older than sixteen. Otherwise he's like a prodigy or something
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/
Pages: [1] 2