Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Maaaagiiiiic  (Read 2718 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Maaaagiiiiic
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 03:05:03 pm »

I personally believe that dwarves cut gems with their teeth, and polish them with their beard. Yes, even the beardless-last-I-checked dorf women.

As for magic...I have personal experience with how annoying it is to get non-necromancer secrets to survive worldgen. The slab tends to vanish if its owner can't build a tower.

Adding the interaction as a caste is easier.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 02:34:48 pm »

the chuck norris meme was popular half my lifetime ago

half of my ENTIRE lifetime
I'm guessing you're like 16 though? Which would definitely be below average in terms of lifetime lengths. To not get too derailed though I'll say that I'm pretty sure Toady has made his plans for magic pretty clear with all those stories about it.

With Putnam's modding skill, I hope he's older than sixteen. Otherwise he's like a prodigy or something

I'm 20 years old, and checking real quick shows me that I started modding at 16.

Anyway, yeah, the interactions system is basically a magic system already. The artifact release (two or three major releases from now) is going to make it a lot magickier from what I've heard.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 01:11:22 pm »

Chuck Norris finds the DF interface simple and intuitive.

...now get off my lawn.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 [2]