Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 156205 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1785 on: October 01, 2016, 10:09:22 pm »

Also do you need to be organic in order to be a magi or can cyborgs use magic too? I'm kinda playing with the thought of becoming a cyborg later on. Why? Because cyborgs are awesome.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 01, 2016, 10:17:30 pm »

Arcanism is innately 'easier' then Occultism. Occultism is like coding. You gotta learn the language. Arcanism is not like such. A Magi on their own would have difficulty transitioning from Arcanism to occultism.

As Akras is currently primarily Occultism focused due to both access to E003's library, E002's knowledge as a former Occultism Magi, and the main focus of the majority of Foxhound Magi, the materials already are acquired for transitioning from Arcanism to Occultism with minimal fuss.

Blinding is a plausible use of (control of light>Removal of Light or control of light>Increase of Light), although you'd want to maintain the effect to get anything from the first type. Unlike the latter which would let you just overload the eyes similar to a flashbang.

Producing light or amplifying light is a valid use of (control of light), keep in mind that there Is a type of darkness darker than darkness. So inverse of darkness is arguably not what you're aiming for.

Teleportation via light is not possible with only skill in (control of light), you'd want to flesh out the full Dynamancy tree first and you'd probably want Alteration>M/E Conversion to change the body into energy and back as well as a high rank in Arcanism>Necromancy>Souls or Arcanism>Astral>Navigation to keep your soul localized while waiting for the body to reform in that split second.

Speed buffs are mostly Alteration>Enhancement, Occultism>Enchantment>Enhancement, Arcanism>Imbuing>Body, and Gravomancy>Relativistic

Also do you need to be organic in order to be a magi or can cyborgs use magic too? I'm kinda playing with the thought of becoming a cyborg later on. Why? Because cyborgs are awesome.
You don't Need to be an organic but you Do need some form of lifeforce or energy to use. If you're a cyborg, that removes your internal Lifeforce option. Meaning you'd need external energy input such as harvested souls, mana crystals, stolen Vigor, and so on. On the flip side, being a cyborg means you're far more durable.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 01, 2016, 10:26:20 pm »

Ah. I probably won't go the cyborg route then. Maybe i'll find a way to turn into a elfritch abomination later that might be fun... or really horrible and painful. It might be both. I should probably focus on surviving for now though. We don't really have our own super efficient Tal on our team so we may or may not all die painful deaths soon.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 01, 2016, 10:37:31 pm »

That all makes sense and I've got quite a few ideas about future character progression once basic competency is ensured.

And as I seem to keep thinking of new questions in bursts rather than all at once, can VisSpec be used to peek around corners or otherwise do very short range scrying? Can it be used to bend light in general, sort of making Halo level invisibility? I'd guess that the answers are along the lines of yes, but higher ranks will make mishaps significantly less likely.

The restrictions on firearms and explosives also makes sense, so it looks like Ratodx is going to be acting primarily in a support and distraction role. Anyone recognize the target?

@Cyborg: We need more Overlords.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 01, 2016, 10:41:39 pm »

Also i'm still confused about how Zach randomly got sith powers. Was that ever explained and I just missed it or is it still a mystery?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 01, 2016, 10:43:17 pm »

I recognize the target's source material. I happen to have been the one who linked said source material to the GM. But it won't behave like the source material.

Bending light to see around corners is a valid application of (control of light) As is bending light around a location to make something invisible. Keep in mind that you might have overheating issues from that, it might not affect other spectrum visuals, and you'll have a very hard time seeing things externally without lightsense.

Also i'm still confused about how Zach randomly got sith powers.
He made a deal with a certain triangular entity. Who proceeded to give him intuitive knowledge on certain types of Arcanism to emulate the powers desired. At a Price.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 01, 2016, 10:46:31 pm »

Ah. People sure like to make deals with him. Probably isn't the safest option to get to special powers and dragonhood though.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 01, 2016, 10:47:33 pm »

He's persuasive.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 01, 2016, 10:50:10 pm »

Yeah. I will admit that I would be really tempted to accept a deal from something that could give me cool powers but still ya never know when things like that will go wrong.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1794 on: October 01, 2016, 11:06:13 pm »

Given that Zach had a knife in his throat at the time of the deal, he really didn't have much of a choice.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 01, 2016, 11:19:20 pm »

So besides dragons, siths, and cyborgs who else has had weird transformations and or gained strange powers or are they the only ones so far? Also besides defending against and purging entities that want to possess you and probably devour your soul what is warding used for?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 01, 2016, 11:24:18 pm »

Warding first and foremost exists to prevent backlash from botched spells. Think of it as a safetynet. Warding also can be used to guard oneself from assorted entities and creatures. And it's not that much of a jump from warding to stuff like Sealing and Binding. Both of which can effect corporeal entities.

As for strange powers. Tal's a very accomplished Magi and nearing the point of being a proper Magos.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 01, 2016, 11:32:48 pm »

Ok. So if I wanted to make the conjuring of a creature safer I would set up wards around where I was going to do it? What do Sealing and Binding do? What is a Magos? Also got any tips for surviving the first couple of encounters?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 01, 2016, 11:37:07 pm »

You'd set up wards around where you were gonna do it to prevent potential backlash from harming you.

Sealing is used to do what it sounds. Sealing a soul, entity, or creature in an area or object indefinitely. Binding is shackling a corporeal or incorporeal creature or entity to a location. Binding is good for keeping people stationary during exorcisms for example. Sealing is good for semipermanently disposing of problem entities until some idiot releases it on accident or intentionally.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 01, 2016, 11:38:36 pm »

So as the only one with warding on my team I should probably look into those two skills later shouldn't I?
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 204