Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 154028 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1695 on: September 21, 2016, 08:33:36 pm »

Well, they're probably equivalent to the first few missions X-Com, y'know, with Starter Tech and all that. So they probably won't have Psionics yet, not until they capture one.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 21, 2016, 09:02:21 pm »

Frazz will be a boss monster.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: September 21, 2016, 09:04:18 pm »

That's a terrible idea. Lets just drop a ROG on them from orbit.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: September 21, 2016, 09:07:26 pm »

Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: September 21, 2016, 09:11:07 pm »

It's more of just keeping ya alive.

There are some Really poor choices that have been made and it's only luck and certain group members going out of their way to ensure a safety net that has stopped people from dying.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: September 29, 2016, 04:05:56 pm »

Hey, i just wanted to say that this thread is by far the coolest RP experience I've ever had. (No, I'm not leaving. You can stop screaming now)

That being said, i am also opening up another game. Ive GM'ed before, so trust me when i say this isn't going to be a "Babies first Game" type deal. Its just i know you guys hang around the Forum Games a lot, and was hoping you could help me drum up some interest. Heck, maybe even join yourself. Id Imagine VK would get bored of being the overseer after awhile.

Anyway, Thx

Heres Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160864.msg7194997#msg7194997
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 29, 2016, 04:35:58 pm »

Will watch it. May or may not join at some point.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1702 on: September 29, 2016, 07:43:50 pm »

Ditto what Neri said
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: September 30, 2016, 11:28:38 am »

One day, we'll get to see Vigil slicing an incoming short into two with his D001 blade.

That day is not today, though. Also it's funny to think that he could totally go bullet-time deflect and make pieces of Jon's armor deflects harmlessly off of his blade instead of lodging into his friends. Or slicing the AP shot in half.

And it happens right after he left guard mode to go on the offense. Figures, huh? :P

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 30, 2016, 06:06:46 pm »

PT be able to ask questions and make commentary without cluttering up IC.

Anything I need to know about goblining or does my current assessment about cover it for the moment? There wasn't too much cultural details about inter and intra species interactions so I guessed at a LE/NE governing structure and figured that "KILL ON SIGHT" is a fair reaction for most other species in regards to goblins.

Also, is there a document somewhere that provides a basic explanation of what Akras and Terea has developed tech wise? I've stumbled into some inspiration for a "mad" scientist character progression down the line, but want to make sure that I'm not retreading old ground. Primarily, I just want to know if Ball Lightning Guns are a thing yet and if not, would they have practical use.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 30, 2016, 06:12:50 pm »

Not sure if people realize they're taking damage or not.

Maybe next time I should highlight things in red?

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: September 30, 2016, 06:18:00 pm »

It would probably be a bit more eye catching. Wouldn't it be just the darnedest thing if the first PK of Castle happened because I didn't remember to read the instructions from earlier about how to make stew?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: September 30, 2016, 06:31:05 pm »

The majority of civilized species have a KOS for Goblin Warbands due to their tendency to reduce their surroundings to worthless dustbowls. Orc Warbands are treated similarly to bandits, long as they don't become a major problem they're ignored, however Orc Warbands are normally monitored if possible, it doesn't take much for an Orc Warband to transition into a Goblin Warband, only a couple unexpected deaths really. However it is not unheard of for small groups or individual goblins to set up shop as tinkers, craftsmen, and engineers in other civilizations. With a higher population found within Gaian Humans and Dwarven settlements due to the shared racial tendency towards massive feats of engineering. You won't normally find Goblins in Elven settlements unless they're Goblin Magi there to learn things, Goblins Really don't like communism. It's functionally racial antipathy for such a system due to their nature.

Terra has tech similar to the predicted level of early 3000. Self targeting weapons, drones, extremely durable body armor, smartbullets, gyrorifles, weapons quite capable of hitting people from extreme ranges, perfected cloning, moderately advanced bioaugmentation, very advanced cybernetic augmentation, and so on.

Akras is about one hundred to two hundred years ahead of the rest of Terra due to a combination of magitech being integrated into their designs and some rather fortunate discoveries. Notably Akras has Absolute Heatsinks, relatively easy to produce enchanted stones that function as the equivalent of a black hole for thermal energy. This has allowed them to do a hell of a lot of things previously expected to take centuries. Know how the main problem with lasers is heat? That's not a problem anymore. Know how high speeds in the atmosphere is a problem due to heat? That isn't an issue now. Know how computers produce massive amounts of heat? Not a problem now. Know how atmospheric reentry produces obscene amounts of heat? Not an issue. Know how fusion reactors were unfeasible due to heat and as a result made Cold Fusion the sought after solution? Heat's no longer an issue.

The sheer number of rapid advances that material alone has enabled is drastic. And that's not even getting to the assortment of materials found and produced from Castles. Stones that produce ambient heat with no discernible reason. Plants grown in Castle Soil get.. Dangerous. Other plants grown in said soil enable Complete Uplifting of assorted Terran species To The Point Of Being Better Then Human In Certain Categories. Armor lighter then kevlar and more durable then titanium grown from the hide of nigh eldritch monstrosities. Magic enabling discrete, untraceable killweapons being deployed at locations anywhere on the globe. Indirect assassination capability using Only the picture of a person. Completely untraceable. Lasers. Exosuits. Miniaturized Gauss weapons. Nigh instant recovery from injuries. Death being curable. Akras is very much ahead of the game techwise. Akras fighting Terra is like the equivalent of irl modern military fighting a 17th century musket line. Sure Terra is damn advanced by irl standards. But Akras is even more advanced.

@Vk, Ja. Use red.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: September 30, 2016, 06:36:25 pm »

You just ninja'd our posts. At least mine, I tend to open several thread updates on different tabs at once, and then proceed to edit them to hell and back...
EDIT: case in point...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:40:08 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: September 30, 2016, 06:53:42 pm »

So a Ball Lightning Gun is more of a personal device rather than something of particular interest. It'll probably be more of a research project to see how a goblin makes a Ball Lightning Gun rather than the end results of which. Works for me.

Thanks for the write ups, they're very useful for laying out the landscape!
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 204