Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 154034 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1740 on: October 01, 2016, 06:40:43 pm »

Not the other way around. You'll get a drastically larger effect from occultism and if you fuck up, not only you, but everyone in a several mile range will likely receive a backlash. Hence more of a fist fight.

Arcanism if you fuck up, at worst your head will explode into flesh eating butterflies.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1741 on: October 01, 2016, 06:43:23 pm »

There's a comforting thought.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 01, 2016, 06:50:15 pm »

So if I want to fling earth spears at things I don't need earth before hand? I just conjure it when I cast the spell or do I need to conjure earth with a spell?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 01, 2016, 06:51:53 pm »

Not the other way around. You'll get a drastically larger effect from occultism and if you fuck up, not only you, but everyone in a several mile range will likely receive a backlash. Hence more of a fist fight.

Arcanism if you fuck up, at worst your head will explode into flesh eating butterflies.
Then my analogy holds - a fistfight is nowhere as dangerous as a nerd with a book. :)
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 01, 2016, 06:56:52 pm »

So if I want to fling earth spears at things I don't need earth before hand? I just conjure it when I cast the spell or do I need to conjure earth with a spell?
If you're in a zone with lots of earth you don't need earth. It's already there. If you're in a zone with not much earth. You'd need to convince the universe Why exactly you should have earth when there isn't much in the area or you'd need to convince the universe why certain refined materials count as earth. Such as metal. In practice this would mean the roll would be a bit harder, possibly a bonus with good rp.

Then my analogy holds - a fistfight is nowhere as dangerous as a nerd with a book. :)
Have you ever had a fistfight with a universe?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1745 on: October 01, 2016, 07:02:45 pm »

Have you ever heard an important debate? Nerds with Books solve more issues than bar brawls do.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 01, 2016, 07:03:29 pm »

Actually yes, and physics literally broke my hand. Ever hear of Oppenheimer? I never heard of him getting into any fist fights...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 07:06:30 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 01, 2016, 07:05:02 pm »

The specific metaphor Really doesn't matter. The general concept does. There's just a level of severity.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 01, 2016, 07:05:25 pm »

How would you rp arguing with the universe?  :P
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 01, 2016, 07:23:21 pm »

You aren't arguing with a conscious entity. You're trying to convince Reality that something Is and any evidence to the contrary simply does not exist. Magic is about perception after all.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: October 01, 2016, 07:30:31 pm »

So you kinda have to convince yourself that it is what you want it to be instead of the what it really is?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 01, 2016, 07:34:48 pm »

Functionally. However even going "instead of the what it really is" would harm your capacity to convince yourself of "what you want it to be" cause it implies that reality is solid and you're trying to push something onto it rather than what you desire simply Being. It isn't a "I reject your reality and substitute my own" cause doing that would imply an already existing Reality. It's a "This is Reality. This is how it always will be and how it always has been." Obviously magic is a lot easier for those who aren't the most grounded in reality. Such as the creative and the insane.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 01, 2016, 07:36:54 pm »

No no, see, you don't understand.

You're not trying to convince yourself anything, you know what Is. You're refusing everyone else's reality and brute force your own upon them.

There is no other reality but your own, anything or anyone that says otherwise gets a teethful of fist.

A Magi does not see the world as everyone else does, they see the world as how they want to see and force their will upon it. Some would say it's crazy, some would say it's delusional.

Basically, if Donald Trump was a Magi, he'd be a damned powerful one. Reality just doesn't work on that man.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 01, 2016, 07:41:49 pm »

It's not even refusing everyone else's reality. The concept that there's another objective reality doesn't even come up. It doesn't factor in. The only reality is Yours.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 01, 2016, 08:03:02 pm »

So if I want to rp it just act like it is the way I want it to be. Like if I want to do earth spears and there isn't any earth just act like there is because magi me thinks there is earth?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 204