Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 421624 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #1050 on: July 24, 2016, 01:40:53 pm »

By the way, stick me back on the list.

In a nutshell, the world is going down the shitter. The Old Nets are now the fourth-largest nation. If anyone wants their dwarf's history I'll give a better summary.

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 24, 2016, 02:42:54 pm »

Wow. I really love the concept of this fort. Wish I'd gotten here before everything started going to hell, but things aren't hopeless yet. A test load of the latest save gives me 15 FPS, or 20 if I turn temperature off. This seems manageable, so add me to the overseer list. As for dorfing (in case someone is able to take a turn before me), give me one of the dorfs who doesn't do anything but hauling (or similarly unskilled/useless) labor, preferably female, name Luneya, job title philosopher. Yes, I know we had a previous philosopher Aristotle (who, from my save check, is alive, but is currently only identifiable by job title, having suffered from the name-eating bug; next overseer please fix this). Assuming that both dwarves remain alive at the start of my turn, this duplication will be a plot point in my appointment as overseer.

I''d like to know the supercomputer you're running it on. That being said, when a cavaran is on screen, expect FPS of maybe 5.

Nothing exotic, just a late 2014-vintage Mac mini. I only ran the test for a few days of game time, so I didn't see how much a caravan or a major construction project would hurt things. Still, it can't be any worse than what others have managed with.

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 24, 2016, 02:49:33 pm »

In a nutshell, the world is going down the shitter.

Feel free to elaborate. I rather like viewing the bigger picture and making a history post means you dont have to download the save and
Code: [Select]
export-legends all to find out what is going on.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1053 on: July 24, 2016, 02:49:42 pm »

Are you sure that is not a custom build? Cause i have a pretty good pc and only ran it at 6-8 fps.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 24, 2016, 04:23:27 pm »

In a nutshell, the world is going down the shitter.

Feel free to elaborate. I rather like viewing the bigger picture and making a history post means you dont have to download the save and
Code: [Select]
export-legends all to find out what is going on.
I know, that's what I did already.

Basically, everyone is going to war against everyone else. In massive numbers, too. I've even seen whole goblin nations fighting each other. There was even one goblin nation that went to war against itself - not a civil war between two pits, the whole nation against itself. Goblins are winning, with the nation closest to Breadbowl (I forget the name, I don't have Legends Viewer up right now) in the lead. Lots of beasts are dying of old age. Basically, everyone is dying and Breadbowl stands alone as the last bastion of life and peace.

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 24, 2016, 04:40:15 pm »

There was even one goblin nation that went to war against itself
This triggered my memory. I made a similar survey into the history of the world a month ago (probably ~2 in game years ago) (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152568.msg7054461#msg7054461). I figure we can create some continuity if we once every few in game years link back to the last histoty post and explain what has happened since.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 24, 2016, 04:46:18 pm »

From what I gathered, basically just more of the same. Everyone is dying and life is awful.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 24, 2016, 04:51:53 pm »

Dying of old age? But it's only year 12!

That's weird, Gwolfski. I got 11 FPS on surface with NCommander's save (iirc) on my Lenovo G50 laptop when running it idle for a few days (not sure of the specs for the 4 GB of RAM but report says Processor: 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz. (Actual frequency varies greatly.) )

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 25, 2016, 04:22:52 am »

Dying of old age? But it's only year 12
Animals have fairly short lifespans.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1059 on: July 25, 2016, 06:38:39 am »

Dying of old age? But it's only year 12!

That's weird, Gwolfski. I got 11 FPS on surface with NCommander's save (iirc) on my Lenovo G50 laptop when running it idle for a few days (not sure of the specs for the 4 GB of RAM but report says Processor: 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz. (Actual frequency varies greatly.) )

cores dont matter, its frequency. I have a 3.something Ghz Amd processor at home... weird.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 28, 2016, 04:50:44 am »

Memory latency is very important as well so if you have a good CPU but slow memory your FPS will still be less-than-good.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #1061 on: July 28, 2016, 10:13:42 pm »

Ill do it tommorow, wish me luck in this hellhole

JimiD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 29, 2016, 03:25:13 am »

I have really enjoyed reading this, I hope you get it back to smooth running again.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 03, 2016, 09:01:30 pm »

Ill do it tommorow, wish me luck in this hellhole

Hey Mooney, it's been a week. How fares yonder farm?

Things have gotten much better. Murky cut away the rotten flesh so the body could recover. Increasing the alcohol ration did the rest.

You know, I just realised something. The tone of Breadbowl has changed, not just because of all the death, but because of the reaction to it.

Before The Great Fire, Breadbowl was a compassionate fort. We had quite a few stressed dwarves, but they were well looked after: isolated in well-furnished rooms, with the mayor listening to their problems and consoling/pacifying them. She even blamed an attack on herself on the Duke rather than blame the stressed dwarf. Political, maybe, but compassionate.

Now though, Murky just goes around caving in the head of anyone who starts trouble. Nobody even tells her who to kill, she just stalks the fort doling out vigilante murderjustice, and everyone seems okay with that. Treating depression via natural selection would never have occurred to me, but it is very dwarven.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:47:53 pm by QuQuasar »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 03, 2016, 10:45:20 pm »

Yeah, there's a reason I named it as line in my review. "You're depressed so you must want to die so die." is...clashing.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 105